ADVERTISEMENT

Football's equivalent of the Hot Stove League: projected new districts

Switching Newell-Fonda and GTRA between Districts 1 and 2 will save 6 teams in D-1 driving an extra 30 to 50 miles each to GTRA either in year 1 or year 2. Plus it greatly shortens five road trips that Newell Fonda would have to make in relation to the far east locations in district 2 that you have suggested. . For GTRA the difference in road trips is closer to a wash.

Two years ago I remember it was way early like 6 am, but in the past usually somewhere between 10-2

Per John Naughton at the Register the regular season will stay at 9 games with the same playoff format as they have had. The IAHSAA board tabled the 8 game regular season for now. Should be interesting to hear everyone's replies.

As we all know, it would be great to have there be 1 full week for each playoff games, but that is not the case. For them to think about taking 1 game/gate away from schools is absurd. Glad it didn't happen. If they say its about injuries and not money, then the only fair thing to do in that entire situation would be to let the schools in the playoffs keep the gate for that 1st round night. The schools that don't get in should get a smaller percentage from the schools in their district who make it.

Actually I just read that the Playoffs will change, as they will not be using the current "sister" district format. They will try to not have teams playing district opponents in the first 2 rounds if possible. If I am reading this correctly.

Yes you are correct they are going to focus on making travel easier, especially for the smaller schools. I would really like to see the quarterfinals played on Saturday which gives at least 4 days between each game.

1 Clay Central-Everly
1 GTRA, Graettinger
1 Harris-Lake Park
1 Kingsley-Pierson
1 Marcus-Meriden-Cleghorn
1 Remsen St Mary's
1 Remsen-Union
1 River Valley

2 CAL, Latimer
2 Laurens-Marathon
2 Newell-Fonda
2 North Iowa
2 Northeast Hamilton
2 Northwood-Kensett
2 Rockford
2 West Bend-Mallard

3 Central, Elkader
3 Clarksville
3 Janesville
3 Kee, Lansing
3 Riceville
3 Tripoli
3 Turkey Valley
3 West Central, Maynard

4 Cedar Valley Christian
4 Central City
4 Colo NESCO
4 Dunkerton
4 Gilbertville Don Bosco
4 Meskwaki Settlement School
4 Midland, Wyoming
4 Springville

5 English Valleys
5 Harmony, Farmington
5 HLV,Victor
5 Melcher-Dallas
5 Moravia
5 Seymour
5 Tri-County
5 Twin Cedars

6 East Union
6 Grandview Park Baptist
6 Iowa Christian Acadaemy
6 Lamoni
6 Lenox
6 Mormon Trail, Garden Grove
6 Murray
6 Wayne County

7 Adair-Casey
7 Ar-We-Va, Westside
7 Boyer Valley
7 CAM, Anita
7 Coon Rapids-Bayard
7 Elk Horn-Kimballton/Exira
7 Glidden-Ralston
7 Guthrie Center

8 East Mills
8 Essex
8 Fremont-Mills
8 Nishnabotna
8 Sidney
8 Stanton
8 West Harrison
8 Woodbine

I can tell you that Kee will NOT be playing any Wisconsin schools they only do 11 man and Minnesota is 9. They can do JV with Minnesota by adding 1 to defense and them dropping 1 for defense keeping offenses in tact.
the above districts 3 & 4 look how iwould hope to se them. Bosco will have a hay day though.
This post was edited on 1/23 7:28 PM by lalnx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT