ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quote Board - 9/9

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
The quote board is what athletes are saying specifically about their opponents this week on the football field. Find out what big games are included and who believes that they can pull off some big upsets this weekend now!

Quotes from games include:
Pleasant Valley vs. Bettendorf
Muscatine vs. Davenport Central
Bishop Heelan vs. Denison
AHSTW vs. Clarinda
Cedar Rapids Kennedy vs. North Scott
Dubuque Senior vs. Cedar Rapids Prairie
Southeast Polk vs. West Des Moines Valley
Anamosa vs. Tipton

.............................................................................................

Cedar Rapids Kennedy tight end Shaun Beyer
On North Scott
"Coach just put film out but I don’t know a lot. They seem pretty big up front and they have some guys off the edges that can make plays. They have a pretty good running back. I know that they are 0-2 but they are still a good team."

The North Scott players
"I haven't heard of any big time players but we haven't had any meetings about them yet. In watching film, their running back runs down hill and seems like a fast kid. One of their receivers is pretty tall and he can go up and get the ball."

Keys to a victory
"I think it all starts up front. If we can control the line and get the backers all blocked, we can get our running game going. I think that sets up everything else. That is what our defense feeds off of too. It starts up front."

.............................................................................................

AHSTW athlete R.J. Harris
On Clarinda
"They are a big school and they have a lot of big kids. We have to match their physicality and play well.

The Clarinda players
"Not too much. I have heard that they are big and physical."

Keys to a victory
"Our three keys are always win the big play, cause turnovers, and take care of the ball. We also want to have fun together. Those are the big keys."

Bishop Heelan quarterback Mekhi Bianchini
On Denison
"I have never had any experience playing them since I didn’t play varsity last year. We'll watch film and focus on them."

The Denison players
"I really don’t know. I'm sure we'll know all about them soon."

Keys to a victory
"It is definitely avoiding the mental mistakes like penalties. If we do that, it will be a lot better for us."

Muscatine running back Alphonso Soko
On Davenport Central
"So far, they got some good players that can make plays in 1-on-1 situations. They are fast and they got some talented guys. We got to lock them down and do what we do."

The Davenport Central players
"I don’t remember his name but they got a good defensive lineman. He is big and physical."

Keys to a victory
"The keys for us is ball security, defense, playing fast, and keeping the ball."

Pleasant Valley athlete Arthur Braden
On Bettendorf
"They lost a lot of seniors last year so they are young but they are very talented. They are good. We got to execute and play hard. It will still be a good game."

The Bettendorf players
"I do not know."

Keys to a victory
"It is no turnovers and executing. We have to execute every play. We have to drive when we have the ball and hold their offense to a minimum of scores."

Anamosa athlete Kyle Schepanski
On Tipton
"They are supposed to be really good and I am excited to play against them. It is an old rivalry game and they are bringing the trophy back. They wouldn't play us in anything over the summer so I am excited to finally have a chance to play that game."

The Tipton players
"Their quarterback, Adam Hermsen, has improved a lot. He was good last year and supposed to be the real deal this year. We are looking to contain him. Their receivers are big. We have been looking at their defense and what they do."

Keys to a victory
"It is turnovers and holding onto the ball for sure. We can’t afford penalties like we had. We have to be able to get first downs and limit their pass game."

Southeast Polk athlete Garrett Northway
On West Des Moines Valley
"That should be a tough one for sure. We are going into it with big hopes of trying to show the things that we can do. We are working to move the ball."

The West Des Moines Valley players
"They have a beast at running back and quarterback. Carlo Marble is a wire receiver so they are stacked. We have to contain them. With Mason, we have to break our feet down and keep him insider. They also have a really good lineman that is going DI."

Keys to a victory
"I think we have just been struggling with a lot of three and outs. Once we improve that and can get into it, we'll be alright. We will put points up."

Cedar Rapids Prairie athlete Jalen Rima
On Dubuque Senior
"I know they have a good quarterback but I haven't heard much else. I know they lost a lot of guys from last year but we'll see how they are."

The Dubuque Senior players
"No, we haven't really gone over them yet but we will."

Keys to a victory
"It is our defense really. We need to work a lot on our defense and our linemen need to step up a little bit. I think that has been our issue with our line."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News