ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quote Board - 9/16

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
The quote board is what athletes are saying specifically about their opponents this week on the football field. Find out what big games are included and who believes that they can pull off some big upsets this weekend now!

Quotes from games include:
Lewis Central vs. Council Bluffs Thomas Jefferson
Lenox vs. Sidney
Fort Dodge vs. Waterloo East
Davenport Assumption vs. Keokuk
Davis County vs. PCM-Monroe
Greene County vs. Creston
Sioux City North vs. Sioux City West
Sergeant Bluff-Luton vs. Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley

.............................................................................................

Lenox defensive end Spencer Brown
On Sidney
"They got beat by Fremont pretty good but we have a lot going into it. I have lost every single time I've played them in high school and I don't want to go 0-4 against them."

The Sidney players
"They have a lot of sophomores and a pretty decent running back. They got a receiver that is pretty good. Hopefully we can shut them down."

Keys to a victory
"It is who can play the most physical as a team. We have to get after it and go hard all four quarters. Hopefully they break down before we do."

.............................................................................................

Fort Dodge running back Sam Cook
On Waterloo East
"We know that they got some athletes and some speed but we haven't watched them much. I'll find out more."

The Waterloo East players
"No, I don't (know)."

Keys to a victory
"It is just executing and getting prepared throughout the week. Coaches will coach and we have to be able to execute it."

Lewis Central tight end Mitchell Brinkman
On Thomas Jefferson
"They put up a good fight last week against AL. It should be an exciting game. I am hoping we can bounce back from last week."

The Thomas Jefferson players
"I don't know anything about their players. They have a new coach this year so we have to come ready to take care of business.'

Keys to a victory
"On offense it is getting into a rhythm and on defense it is making plays."

Davenport Assumption wide receiver Will Ontiveros
On Keokuk
"We started to watch a little film on Keokuk. They have a couple of decent wide receivers and an alright running back. Besides that, we are still learning about them."

The Keokuk players
"Kolton Marlin is their biggest threat on offense. I am not sure who they have in terms of defense."

Keys to a victory
"I think it is coming out strong and staying with it. In the first two games, the biggest part was turnovers. We had maybe nine turnovers during those two games and that killed us."

Davis County lineman Ben Kincart
Areas to improve
"It is just stopping our mental mistakes and getting everything in place for practice. We want to get ready for camp this Friday."

On PCM
"I think the offensive line and defensive line matchups are pretty even. They are a passing team so hopefully we can put pressure on their quarterback and shut them down."

The PCM players
"Their quarterback has a good arm and they have some good wide receivers I know."

Keys to a victory
"It is putting some points on the board and shutting down their passing."

Greene County athlete Daric Whipple
On Creston
"They are 2-1 and I know they have Chase Shiltz and he is pretty good. He is someone we have to stop."

The Creston players
"I'm not exactly sure. They lost their quarterback and he was an stud. They had a pretty big tight end. I heard that they got a foreign exchange student at quarterback who some people have said is doing pretty good."

Keys to a victory
"It is definitely stopping their run and getting our pass game figured out. When we are passing, we usually are not going to be stopped."

Sioux City North athlete Deion Clayborne
Areas of improvement
"Basically we just need our line to improve. We got to know what we are doing and our assignments. We have to find the open receivers and be able to get them the ball."

On Sioux City West
"They had Noah McWell and he is pretty athletic. If we can stick to our game and play like we should, we should be able to get a win before district play."

The Sioux City West players
"They have a big wide receiver who is pretty good."

Keys to a victory
"We are just going to have to stop McWell. He is their best player. We have to contain him and then get the ball into the hands of our playmakers."

Sergeant Bluff-Luton running back Matt George
On Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley
"I haven't looked at the film on them yet but I know they have a pretty good record. Coach said that they'll be a tough opponent and we have to bring it to win."

The Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley players
"I don't really know anything about them individually."

Keys to a victory
"I think it is going to come down to our defensive ability. We have to be able to get stops. On offense, we have to execute and score."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News