ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Relays 3000 & 3200

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
Wow! I missed two record setting races.

3200 - Three runners under 9:05! Meier from Boone winning in 8:58. Any word on if he's looking to run in college next year?

3000 - Jenks definitely did not disappoint with a 9:26. No one is surprised she broke the record, but more so she ran most of the race by herself.

It looks like Meier has committed to running at a Junior College in Texas for next year.

Originally posted by mtdew_fever:
Wow! I missed two record setting races.

3200 - Three runners under 9:05! Meier from Boone winning in 8:58. Any word on if he's looking to run in college next year?

3000 - Jenks definitely did not disappoint with a 9:26. No one is surprised she broke the record, but more so she ran most of the race by herself.
I would have been far more surprised if someone thought they could go with Jenks and I think that was the case for most of the stadium. Anything else would have been race suicide. Everyone knows Steph is in a class of her own. Run the race for 2nd, which is exactly what they did.

Meier committed to run cross country and track at South Plains College in Levelland, Texas. He plans to transfer to Oklahoma State University following his sophomore season, joining teammate and fellow state champion Chandler Austin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT