ADVERTISEMENT

DOWLING

se xc1

Varsity
Oct 20, 2007
Does anyone have insight as to how much weight Rohwedder cuts? I believe he wrestled at 90 lbs last year. My point is: can he make 106 next year? If so, where does that leave Nolan Hellickson? Will he not get a varsity spot until his junior year? Would love to see a spot for him. Thanks for any info.

Tanner cuts some weight. I don't know how much though. I'm told that the plan for next year with the coach, wrestlers and parents is 106-Hellickson, 113-Rohweder, 120-Jonah Eide, 126-Jonathon Eide. For the betterment of the team they need to get all four in the line-up. Also to keep all four wrestling for Dowling they need to get all four in the line-up.

Glad to hear they are working on a plan. Also, with the many transfers and such, it is refreshing that none of the four are jumping the gun and going elsewhere. I commend them and their families!!

So it's ok for kids to go to Dowling from another school, but if they leave thats not ok? Sounds like the Dowling way!!

Do you know how to read, then comprehend what you read?? That was never said. This is not a private/public issue. I commend ALL students who stay where they are at and don't transfer just to be on a better team or to crack a line-up. They are dealt a hand and accept it! Obviously there are very good reasons to change schools, but leaving because you can't get a spot isn't one of them in my opinion. However, you do what you got to do. What about the Valley way and their bball team. You going after them too, I will check the 4A bball thread to read your post. C ya!

Didn't mean to stir the pot, sorry. I just read you "commend them and their families". I would commend at least one of them for not jumping ship in the first place.

Sorry, got a little excited, I tend to do that. I agree with you 100% on the jumping ship statement. Instead of instant gratification, I think what may get lost is that you may not get a spot now, but wrestling those guys in practice everyday will probably be more beneficial in the long run. I think we are on the same page.

I dont know about Hellickson, but I do know that Rohwedder transferred there. If Hellickson was there before high school and then Rohwedder comes in and takes his spot. I know I would be mad and I know for a fact se xc1 would be too because I have talked to him about this issue before.
This post was edited on 1/27 3:02 PM by Jako18

I go back and forth on it actually. If they do it, coming into hs, I guess it was never anyone's spot. But if I am his parents, I guess part of me would be a little sore.

There is no such thing as recruiting at a Private school...there are no physical address boundaries and that is the only way to get students. It isn't like it is free either at Dowling, it cost quite a chunk of cash, unlike the transferring/recruiting at Public HS's...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT