ADVERTISEMENT

Davis County/Wapello

Unfortunately, I feel you have no shot of getting this prediction right. You must play at least the top of the 4th if the home team is ahead by 15+ and a complete 4 if the visitors are ahead by 15+.

Hmmmm, the Davis County / Eddyville,Blakesburgs game in hindsight might have been the state title game being played in a district final.

Shame EB cant be in the field, but with Hadaway on the mound NP is a very strong competitor for a state title. Thatd be quite a championship pitching match-up Mathews vs Hadaway.

Originally posted by Who Are You:
20 after 3? Not in Iowa High School baseball. Softball perhaps, but not in baseball.
Last year the North Tama Meskwaki game won by NT 21-0 was only 3 innings, so yes it is, does it happen very often, no, but it is a rule.

A high school baseball MUST go 4 innings by rule. If a game is ended after 3, it's not an official game and does not count. That's straight from Roger Barr at a rules meeting. He even said that a district game a couple of years ago ended in 3 innings and the teams had to get off the bus to play the 4th. Now, maybe Meskwaki forfeited, etc. but it's not over by run rule.

For those who went to the game - give me an idea of what this Carpentar (sp?) kid was/is? My understanding was he threw a TON of innings, therefore his stats were inflated compared to others. Did DC hit him fairly easily? All I heard/read this summer was how many K's this kid had and I had no idea what the competition was like he played against and then when I heard he pitched about twice as much as any other pitcher in the area I lost faith. Someone fill me in on their thoughts...

Wow - just read an article about the game online. How does a team give up 14 in one inning, in a substate?! Why was Wapello's ace pulled? From what I read he give up a bomb and a couple hits then a couple walks - did he lose his cool? He was their only chance and he was pulled in the 2nd so early? Sounds like the guy they brought in got shelled? Questionable coaching or not? Not that it mattered, as it sounds like the Indians were looking at way too many strikes all night - the article I read made it sound they took a lot of pitches and got behind in a lot of counts. Was Wapello's district that weak? You usually there are a couple decent teams down there in SE Iowa, but from the way this sounds - Wapello didn't belong on the same field, let alone have a prayer of winning? Yikes...

This post was edited on 7/18 12:24 PM by BandGetsToPlay

i saw the same thing last night in the Hudson NP game. I was not very impressed with Henke. his stats seem to be very inflated due to the weak schedule Hudson has played.

Henke couldnt have been too bad, he held the #3 team in 2A to 2 runs. He also beat 2nd rated {at the time} Grinnell in 3A. Sure his Ks get inflatted, but the kid can still pitch.

A college buddy of mine lives in Hudson, and he said that Henke threw softer and softer as the tournament went on and that he wasn't even throwing 80 last night and was not hitting spots like normal and got hit hard, despite only giving up 2 runs. Says, though, that they didn't have any choice but to throw him. They have no one else.

yeah he was definitely not throwing above 80 last night. and while the score was only 2-0 NP left either 7 or 8 runners in scoring position. the game could have gotten out of hand, but Hudson's defense made some really really good plays to save a few runs and get out of innings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT