ADVERTISEMENT

D1 Playoff Outlook

usfhawk

All District
Jul 13, 2006
1.) West Lyon

- Notes:
- Currently, WL has locked up the 1 spot.

- Playoff Predictions:
-1st Round: Newman Catholic D2 #4 @ West Lyon
-2nd Round: Bishop Garrigan/Hinton/Lawton Bronson @ West Lyon
-Quarterfinals: West Lyon @ AGWSR or Lawton Bronson/Hinton @ West Lyon
-I see AGWSR having a tough time in Round 2 against Hinton/Lawton Bronson vs. D2 #3 winner.
-Semifinals: vs. AHST
-Finals: vs. BGM

2.) Hinton/Lawton Bronson Prediction (Lawton Bronson)

- Notes:
-I see Lawton Bronson as more talented and Hinton with a better coaching staff.
-Their game in week 9 will decide who is #2 and who is #3

- Playoff Prediction:
-1st Round: Prairie Valley D2 #3 @ Hinton/Lawton Bronson
-2nd Round: Hinton/Lawton Bronson @ AGWSR
-Quarterfinals: Hinton/Lawton Bronson @ West Lyon or done
-Semis:.............
-Finals...........

3.) Hinton/Lawton Bronson Prediction (Hinton)

-Notes
-Loser of week 9 contest between Hinton and Lawton will get #3

-Playoff Prediction:
-Round 1: Hinton/Lawton Bronson @ Prairie Valley
-Round 2: Hinton/Lawton Bronson @ West Lyon
-Quarterfinals: ...............
-Semis:...............
-Finals:..............

4.) Alta Aurelia/West Sioux Prediction (West Sioux)

-Notes
-Winner of week 9 game Alta vs. West Sioux will determine 4 spot
-West Sioux lacks depth but does have some good athletes. Alta lacks athletes but play hard.

-Playoff Prediction:
-Round 1: Alta Aurlia/West Sioux @ AGWSR
-Round 2: ..................

Your predictions look pretty solid for the District and the playoffs but one can still hope

Best Case
1. WL 7-0
2. LB 6-1
3. A-A 4-3
4.Hinton 4-3

Worst Case
1.WL 7-0
2.Hnton 6-1
3. LB 5-2
4. A-A 3-4 I know a lot of people don't care for a team with a losing record to make the playoffs

Should be a fun couple of weeks. A lot of teams still have something to play for.

Definitely a lot to play for still.

The West Sioux/Alta game will decide the 4 spot. (I'd guess WS)

L-B could still win the district if WL loses both the last 2 games and we win out. Odds of that happening are 1 in 1 million as Woodbury sucks something terrible and Akron is struggling this year but we do still have some hope here to get a district title, not expecting it but just saying.

I think that District 1 will have better teams in their playoff qualifiers it would not surprise be at all to see D2 get two teams through to the 2nd round and have AGSWR make the quarters. The travel between these two districts give the home teams an advantage, sitting on a bus for 4 hours can easily take the edge off of a team.

AGSWR will be a tough out for any team, I don't see them really blasting any teams but at the same time I really don't see any team including WL blowing them out due to their style.

D1
1. west Lyon
2.. Hinton
3. Lawton Bronson
4. West Sioux

West Lyon is as good as most teams in the top 10 in any class. Hinton I pick second only because Lawton Bronson looked bad against Akron. They have no leader except for the hot heads. West Sioux plays tuff they can beat Alta because of the defense of ends.

PNation have you seen the WL team in person? If they don't win by 21 points on on any team in D1 or D2 I will be surprised. They have what it takes to make it to the Dome this year and I see them winning the whole thing in class A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT