ADVERTISEMENT

Collins Maxwell 6/1/2020 12:01AM Practice....

stickman80

Varsity
Feb 26, 2009
Good thing or a bit too much?

Even though the field is located in Story County you do have part of the school district (and maybe some open enrollments) in Polk County. Polk County was under a county wide curfew at that time due to rioting. I would think this being on WHO could give it the kind of attention that the Girls State Athletic Union might have to look at.

If there were any girls there from Polk County and they had traveled from their home after 9pm would that be a Code of Conduct Violation? During a shortened season a CoC violation could be nasty.

Even if everything is in the clear is it really a good idea to have kids out after midnight for softball practice? Doesn't seem like good judgement.

Excellent question. Who does care about the safety of these girls? Clearly not the coaches nor parents of the kids who went to practice.

They have proven they care more about a 3peat state title than their kids.

First off, I would assume these were voluntary. Many baseball/softball teams did this midnight practice. Twitter was littered with pictures of them.

Second, I dont think there was any viable threat in Maxwell freaking Iowa

Sounds like you might just have an ax to grind with their success. One practice wont decide a state title. Those are typically won in the off-season anyway. I would assume coaches did this for FUN.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Wonder what changed.........;)
Nothing has changed.....girls athletics have always been lame. ;)

If parents and coaches want their kids out during a high risk time of the day for bad things to happen.....that is their business. While I wish no one harm, there will be no sympathy from me either if something unfortunate happens anywhere during one of these foolish stunts.

Why is that foolish but the protests and riots are not? Maybe these kids wanted to have fun after 2.5 months of being told to stay home, yes? I mean the protesters are having fun with no care for the pandemic in which we are in. I enjoy your enthusiasm for calling out someone doing wrong cause others are doing wrong. My guess is they wouldn’t want sympathy coming from someone sitting behind a keyboard calling there sport lame in a girls sports forum in which you entered... lame.

Why is that foolish but the protests and riots are not? Maybe these kids wanted to have fun after 2.5 months of being told to stay home, yes? I mean the protesters are having fun with no care for the pandemic in which we are in. I enjoy your enthusiasm for calling out someone doing wrong cause others are doing wrong. My guess is they wouldn’t want sympathy coming from someone sitting behind a keyboard calling there sport lame in a girls sports forum in which you entered... lame.

Strike 1. I never commented my thoughts on the protests and riots if they are foolish or not. You are the only one rendering an opinion on them.

Strike 2. In your final sentence it should be "their" and not "there".

Strike 3. I never called "there" sport lame. I didn't single out any sport to be lame. I stated that girls athletics are lame. If you have a different opinion...good for you...knock yourself out supporting them but I don't feel my position is alone.....otherwise they wouldn't need their programs supported by the athletic programs which make money.

Sorry Kevin but as far as I'm concerned... You're out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT