ADVERTISEMENT

Class a district 3

Nov 5, 2015
west Hancock vs grundy center . Winner of this game will prolly be in the drivers seat to a playoff spot .i got grundy center winning this one 28-20 should be a good one

I can see Nashua-Plainfield giving teams troubles this year. Already did with St. Ansgar. Much improved team.

Now Grundy Center has to win out to make it. That starts with beating St. Ansgar this week or it looks like West Hancock and St. Ansgar will be the playoff teams again. Newman Catholic and Nashua Plainfield could be in the mix.

IRON DOC wishes the Fearsome Eagle Beasts good luck against the good folks of Newman this Friday.

Go Beasts! Go UAB!

Big games Friday night in this district. St. Ansgar vs grundy center. I got st.ansgar winning 28-20
West Hancock vs Newman. I got west Hancock winning 41-21

I'm not sure if this would be an upset or not, but I'm picking Grundy Center to beat St. Ansgar. This Grundy senior class has been no stranger to success, and it seems like their linemen have been playing there forever. I think the senior leadership and line play will be enough to push them past an always well-coached St. Ansgar team.

Reactions: golden eagle52
Ted.....Just curious on what you call success lol. 14-15 in 3 years n 1 playoff appearance in the old system when a third place team gets in doesn't say success to me.
St ansgar and west Hancock both roll in these games. Ready to see that match up this year

Reactions: golden eagle52
Their record is a casualty of their districts the past three seasons. Grundy Center has been a good Class A football team each of the past three years. Maybe success wasn't the word I was looking for, but I will stand by my prediction.

Not to tough of a district imo. That running back was grundys whole team. I will predict them to finish 3rd or 4th in this district this year.

Saint Ansgar with a pretty good statement tonight, down 21-7 in the second quarter and scored 35 unanswered points to Win 42-21.

I was there. Grundy center looked great 1st half . Up 21-7 I think late in 2nd qtr. I honestly thought they had this game. But the saints were not phased and scored 35 unanswered. Fun game game to watch. Saints just know how to win. Very well coached

I was there. Grundy center looked great 1st half . Up 21-7 I think late in 2nd qtr. I honestly thought they had this game. But the saints were not phased and scored 35 unanswered. Fun game game to watch. Saints just know how to win. Very well coached
Sounds like my bold prediction almost fulfilled itself. Scoring 35 unanswered is a very Saint Ansgar thing to do, though. They've been well coached for a very long time.

Who does everyone think will win the St Ansgar West Hancock game. As has been stated should be a great game.

I'm gonna go ahead and pick the Saints in this one. Does anyone know if either of these schools stream their games online? I'd love to watch, but can't make a trip to Britt.

I will take st ansgar by a score but what I hope happens is west Hancock wins and then loses against Nashua lol. Just in case my warriors see any of you in the playoffs in the quarters then we will get the home game :)

It kind of depends on who the two wildcard teams are, last year West Hancock technically was in the west bracket even though they played Hudson in the 1st round, I'm guessing you will see a matchup with Garrigan at some point to get to the dome.

St. Ansgar beats West Hancock in a great game 21-20

Nashua beats Newman in a close one. I think the final was 29-27.

Sets up a big game next week with Nashua and West Hancock. Winner makes the playoffs.

I was at saint ansgar vs. west Hancock game. Just a classic game. Both great teams battling it out for 48 mins. saints win 21-20. I could see west Hancock going deep in the playoffs if they can get by the much improved huskies next week

Iron Doc just got back to the Midwest. By all accounts, Golden's account is accurate.
With that said, I hope to see The Beasts face the Saintly Ones again this season.

Trivia: 50 years ago this year, the team I was a 3rd string OT on opened the season with (at that time) Nashua HS. Obviously (6-2) they are solid again. With that said, Beasts by 10.

Who do u think the beasts will have first round iron doc?

I would like to give you a solid guess, but I don't know which direction the State will send us. Maybe there is someone on here who is more up to date on how the State does things these days.

Really. Cause if you think it’s CBSA don’t bet the farm. That ain’t happening. I have seen Hudson has a good team maybe they have a chance

Toughest district in the state is hands down District 1.

-West Sioux is the best class A team I've seen this year.
-Westwood had a bad draw to CBSA. They would have beat SW Valley as well. I think they would have beat Garrigan/Sioux Central/West Hancock if they were on that side of the bracket.
-Gehlen showed their muscle against SW Valley, and had CBSA on the ropes in the 4th quarter. Not bad for the 3rd best team in the district. They too would have beat those other 3 teams above.
-There was never a bye week in this district. Tough battle every week for those top teams (Westwood, Gehlen). West Sioux has blown everyone out this year, they are on a different level.

And, honestly, it's not even close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT