ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Week 6

MepoDawg#

Varsity
Oct 29, 2012
Mediapolis
Mepo @ Wilton
WB @ Durant (essentially the district championship with Mepo’s loss to WB)

What other games are there this Friday?

DNH at AP
Beckman at Waterloo Columbus
Cascade at Sumner-Fred
Treynor at Underwood

WB faces another one-dimensional team. Can they shut down Durants rb?

Mepo @ Wilton
WB @ Durant (essentially the district championship with Mepo’s loss to WB)

What other games are there this Friday?
If Regina wins out, and WB finishes 2-1 (loss to Regina), it could be a 3 way tie. If WB were to lose by less than 10, they would be the DC by tiebreaker rules.

If Durant wins out, they're your DC. There are a few more scenarios but let's allow Week 6 to happen first.

Here's to WB making it a moot point

Last edited:
Reactions: gdkid2010
but let's allow Week 6 to happen first.
Yep, too much football left in order to deem WB @ Durant the championship. Winner has the large upper hand, however. Both teams have to make it through Regina — that program knows how to win and cannot rule out a run from them when it matters.

Reactions: BlameIt
Yep, too much football left in order to deem WB @ Durant the championship. Winner has the large upper hand, however. Both teams have to make it through Regina — that program knows how to win and cannot rule out a run from them when it matters.
THIS ^^^ right here. Most of the current team wasn't even born the last time WB beat Regina. It'll be an uphill climb

Reactions: MsideChief
THIS ^^^ right here. Most of the current team wasn't even born the last time WB beat Regina. It'll be an uphill climb
Animated GIF

cal preps had it this way-

west branch 31 duranat 21
west branch 34 Regina 21
durant 21 regina 19

DNH at AP
Cascade at Sumner-Fred
Treynor at Underwood

Lots of good games this week. Looking forward to Friday, wish I could watch them all.

Beckman @ Columbus should be interesting. Columbus handled Cascade last week after a 20 pt loss to MFL. Beckman is down a couple players, lineman Burlage and WR/DB Schieltz didn't play the last couple weeks, anyone know their status?

Last edited:
Beckman is down a couple players, lineman Burlage and WR/DB Schieltz didn't play the last couple weeks, anyone know their status?
Columbus DL65 Knipp will eat them alive with backups in place. He would anyway. The best DL I've seen this year. Last week he was a freaking menace!!!!

Columbus DL65 Knipp will eat them alive with backups in place. He would anyway. The best DL I've seen this year. Last week he was a freaking menace!!!!
Totally agree. #65 Knipp from Columbus is the best D-lineman I've seen this year also. (and he's just a junior)

Last edited:
cal preps had it this way-

west branch 31 duranat 21
west branch 34 Regina 21
durant 21 regina 19
WB wins by 3-4 TD over Durant
AP wins a classic vs DNH
Cascade beats SF
Columbus knocks off Beckman
Mepo will be hot and roll Wilton
Underwood will drop 40+ vs Treynor

DNH at AP
Cascade at Sumner-Fred
Treynor at Underwood

My guess is they will really slow him down but they will not shut down De Long. He is to good to completely stop but his yards will be limited this week.

You can bet that WB is focused on stopping DeLong. He is a special player. He'll probably break one run but is gonna have to earn every yard. At the same time, the Bears are gonna be tested. They held Anthony Isley to 14 carries, 30 yards a week ago. If they do that this week it would be impressive. DeLong averages about 290 yards a game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT