ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Season Outlook

It's great to read some banter on here. I thought maybe everyone had left. Obviously Dike is considerably better than SF and WB, we'll see how MFL does against Dike next week and see how WB does against Wilton & Regina as a measuring stick to see if anyone in eastern Iowa is competitive with DNH and Grundy.

Agreed on Dike over WB no argument over here. I have not been able to see Wilton or Regina play this year due to work. Unsure of how a young WB team will measure up against them.

Reactions: IGo42
Why is everyone calling West Branch young? Sounds like an excuse. They are currently playing a senior QB and their top running back is a junior. Most of their offense appears to be juniors and seniors with sophomores only playing a small role according to the stats.

Regina must be really young then. Out of the 9 players who have carried the ball this year, only one is a senior.
The QB is a junior. The leading receiver is a sophomore. The leading rusher is a sophomore.

https://www.gobound.com/ia/ihsaa/football/2024-25/regina/v/stats

Why is everyone calling West Branch young? Sounds like an excuse. They are currently playing a senior QB and their top running back is a junior. Most of their offense appears to be juniors and seniors with sophomores only playing a small role according to the stats.

Regina must be really young then. Out of the 9 players who have carried the ball this year, only one is a senior.
The QB is a junior. The leading receiver is a sophomore. The leading rusher is a sophomore.

Ok then Regina can be really young if that makes you feel better.

Bait GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BlameIt
We will have to see how a really young Regal team matches up with upper class heavy rosters of both Wilton and West Branch.
Going to be tough.

Ok now that you have got your obsession with West Branch over for the day. Go back to yelling at kids on your lawn old man

Reactions: BlameIt
That was the most discussion this board has seen in year, and you're ready to shut it down again.

• Love
Reactions: ISUfan00
It wouldn't be a 1A message board without an ongoing WB vs Regina argument. This reminds me of the good ole days! 😆

Reactions: Pinehawk
Did I miss the debate? Bummer
Blame how has the new coach being received? Tough following a legend like Butch. Did he retain coaches? Traditions?

(Disclaimer this is not a WB bash) Anyone at the game of WB and Beckman? How good is Beckman? Big turn around so far from last year.

(Disclaimer this is not a WB bash) Anyone at the game of WB and Beckman? How good is Beckman? Big turn around so far from last year.
Obviously I’m a WB guy. WB is a young team(not to be confused with the REALLY young Regina team ;) ). WB is just an average team from my perspective. Defensive secondary is prone to lapses. Beckman is definitely an improved team from last year, can they hang with Wilton and Regina? I have no clue as I haven’t seen them play. Beckman does have the size up front, and they pass the ball well. But I also saw Beckham prone to lapses in the secondary just as bad as WB.

Beckman runs what WB ran for 30 years: the good ol Wing-T

Only 10-15 core plays, and you only run about 6-8 of those.

When you have BIG beef up front who can set the edge, and lay people down up the middle, it is almost unstoppable.

Wilton is a similar team to DB, but with more mature/experienced kids. Hence the reason they won 35-7. They capitalized on mistakes and turnovers. Scoreboard didn't truly tell the story of that game.

ICR and DB could be a very good football game in Week 7.

Last edited:
updated rankings: Should be a good matchup between South Hardin and Grundy this week.
1. Grundy Center (5) 5-0 58 1

2. Wilton (1) 5-0 51 2

3. Dike-New Hartford 4-1 45 3

4. Emmetsburg 5-0 42 4

5. South Hardin 5-0 35 5

6. Iowa City Regina 5-0 33 6

7. Ida Grove OABCIG 4-1 30 7

T-8. Sigourney-Keota 4-1 10 —

T-8. Treynor 4-1 10 —

10. MFL MarMac 4-1 8 —

My thoughts after week 5, not a ton of changes but a few

District 1
1. OABCIG
2. Ridge View
3. West Sioux
4. Hinton

District 2
1. Emmetsburg
2. Sioux Central
3. NW Webster
4. East Sac

District 3
1. DNH
2. MFL Mar-Mac
3. Sumner Fred
4. Aplington Parkersburg

District 4
1. Grundy Center
2. South Hardin
3. Alburnett
4. Hudson

District 5
1. Wilton
2. Regina
3. Beckman
4. West Branch

District 6
1. Sigourney Keota
2. Pleasantville
3. Pella Christian
4. EBF

District 7
1. Woodward Granger
2. South Hamilton
3. Ogden
4. Grandview Christian

District 8
1. Treynor
2. AHSTW
3. Underwood
4. Shenandoah

Matchups

OABCIG vs Shenandoah
Emmetsburg vs Hinton
DNH vs Hudson
Grundy Center vs EBF
Wilton vs Aplington Parkersburg
Sigourney Keota vs West Branch
Woodward Granger vs East Sac
Treynor vs Grandview Christian

Ridge View vs. Underwood
Sioux Central vs. West Sioux
MFL MarMac vs. Beckman
South Hardin vs. Sumner Fredricksburg
Regina vs Pella Christian
Pleasantville vs Alburnett
South Hamilton vs NW Webster
AHSTW vs. Ogden

Predicted Top 4
Grundy Center
Wilton
DNH
Emmetsburg

My thoughts after week 6, not a ton of changes but a few

District 1
1. OABCIG
2. West Sioux
3. Ridge View
4. Hinton

I keep going back and forth for who will get second place in this district, that will be decided this week.

District 2
1. Emmetsburg
2. NW Webster
3. Sioux Central
4. East Sac

Manson NW Webster seems to have taken the 2nd spot with the win over Sioux Central, East Sac and Sioux Central need to play yet to determine 3/4

District 3
1. DNH
2. MFL Mar-Mac
3. Sumner Fred
4. Aplington Parkersburg

I don't see there being any way that this isn't the final standings.

District 4
1. Grundy Center
2. South Hardin
3. Alburnett
4. Hudson

Same with District 4, I think this is all but wrapped up, I thought that South Hardin might have given Grundy a better game then they did, but Grundy is just a machine. I also heard on KWWL that Hudson had a few kids suspended.

District 5
1. Wilton
2. Regina
3. Beckman
4. West Branch

This district is very much still in play, West Branch is probably locked into the 4 spot, but Beckman Regina I am interested in this week, then Regina vs Wilton the next week.

District 6
1. Sigourney Keota
2. Pleasantville
3. Pella Christian
4. EBF

I believe that this is more or less set for how teams will finish barring a major upset.

District 7
1. Woodward Granger
2. South Hamilton
3. Ogden
4. Grandview Christian

W-G vs SH for the district title this week, I think that it is truly a toss up, West Central Valley could make 3/4 a 3 way tie with a win over Ogden.

District 8
1. Treynor
2. AHSTW
3. Underwood
4. Shenandoah

Barring an upset this is the way things will finish, Underwood will be a very good 3 seed, they have played a brutal schedule.

First Round Matchups

OABCIG vs Shenandoah
Emmetsburg vs Hinton
DNH vs EBF
Grundy Center vs Grandview Christian
Wilton vs Hudson
Sigourney Keota vs West Branch
Woodward Granger vs Aplington Parkersburg
Treynor vs East Sac

West Sioux vs Sioux Central
NW Webster vs Ridge View
MFL Mar Mac vs Beckman
South Hardin vs Sumner Fredericksburg
Regina vs Pella Christian
Pleasantville vs Alburnett
South Hamilton vs Underwood
AHSTW vs Ogden

Predicted Top 4 at the End of the Season
1. Grundy Center
2. Dike New Hartford
3. Emmetsburg
4. Wilton

Which if it is these four (or Regina in place of Wilton) you would probably have pods with some travel for teams from the SW part of the state.

Reactions: IAROY
If Wilton defeats West Branch this week, then the West Branch at Durant game in the final week of the season will be for the 4th and final playoff spot in District 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT