ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Basketball Rankings (1/19)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Agree/disagree? Post your thoughts now!

Class 1A
1 .) Bishop Garrigan 11-1 (Previous: # 3 )
2 .) Easton Valley 11-0 (Previous: # 4 )
3 .) WACO 12-0 (Previous: # 6 )
4 .) Montezuma 8-1 (Previous: # 1 )
5 .) Lake Mills 11-1 (Previous: # Not Rated )
6 .) West Fork 11-1 (Previous: # 5 )
7 .) Martensdale-St Marys 9-1 (Previous: # Not Rated )
8 .) Keota 9-1 (Previous: # Not Rated )
9 .) Madrid 10-2 (Previous: # Not Rated )
10 .) South O'Brien 10-2 (Previous: # Not Rated )

What other coverage am I missing by not subscribing?

In-Season Stock Risers

Class of 2020

Class of 2021

Class of 2022

Class of 2023

Basketball Player Rankings

Top 200 Players in 2020

Top 200 Players in 2021

Top Players by Position - 2023

Point Guards

Wing Guards

Wing Forwards

Power Forwards

Centers

Database

I noticed Keota has been dominating there schedule and have one of the best players in class 1A. Anyone know anything about them?

Rankings at Jan 5:

Class 1A
1.) Montezuma 6-0
2.) Remsen St. Mary's 7-0
3.) Bishop Garrigan 7-1
4.) Easton Valley 8-0
5.) West Fork 8-0
6.) WACO 9-0
7.) Don Bosco 5-0
8.) AHSTW 8-0
9.) MFL 8-1
10.) Gladbrook-Reinbeck 6-0

5 of these top 10 teams are no longer even this list. What an interesting year it is for class 1A

Keota has good guard play, but no size. Will be tested Tuesday night against Monte, will be a huge game for them.

This week, Last week, team, record, record vs top 30 opponents.

1 3 Bishop Garigan 11-1 (2-1)
2 4 Easton Valley 11-0 (2-0)
3 5 Lake Mills 11-1 (1-1)
4 8 South O’Brien 10-2 (3-2)
5 2 Remsen, St Mary’s 9-2 (3-2)
6 7 WACO 12-0 (3-0)
7 1 Montezuma 8-1 (0-0)
8 6 Martensdalle 9-1 (1-1)
9 10 West Fork 11-1 (2-1)
10 9 Madrid 10-2 (2-1)
11 14 Siouxland Christian 10-0 (1-0)
12 12 Gladbrook Reinbeck 10-1 (1-0)
13 11 Don Bosco 9-1 (0-0)
14 13 Mount Ayr 10-0 (0-0)
15 15 Newel Fonda 9-3 (2-3)

Receiving Votes-------
Springville 8-3 (0-3)
Nodaway Valley 7-3 (1-2)
Ankeny Christian 7-3 (1-2)
Anita, CAM 8-2 (1-1)
Meskwaki 7-2 (0-1)
Alburnett 8-3 (1-2)
/// DM Grand View 5-4 (1-2)
/// Hinton 8-4 (2-2)

This week, Last week, team, record, record vs top 30 opponents.

1 3 Bishop Garigan 11-1 (2-1)
2 4 Easton Valley 11-0 (2-0)
3 5 Lake Mills 11-1 (1-1)
4 8 South O’Brien 10-2 (3-2)
5 2 Remsen, St Mary’s 9-2 (3-2)
6 7 WACO 12-0 (3-0)
7 1 Montezuma 8-1 (0-0)
8 6 Martensdalle 9-1 (1-1)
9 10 West Fork 11-1 (2-1)
10 9 Madrid 10-2 (2-1)
11 14 Siouxland Christian 10-0 (1-0)
12 12 Gladbrook Reinbeck 10-1 (1-0)
13 11 Don Bosco 9-1 (0-0)
14 13 Mount Ayr 10-0 (0-0)
15 15 Newel Fonda 9-3 (2-3)

Receiving Votes-------
Springville 8-3 (0-3)
Nodaway Valley 7-3 (1-2)
Ankeny Christian 7-3 (1-2)
Anita, CAM 8-2 (1-1)
Meskwaki 7-2 (0-1)
Alburnett 8-3 (1-2)
/// DM Grand View 5-4 (1-2)
/// Hinton 8-4 (2-2)
These look to me like good rankings. I’m not sure if I agree with Siouxland Christian being up there I understand they are undefeated but..

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Monte wins 76-68. From what I understand Keota led in 3rd quarter and had a good shot at winning. Monte overrated or Keota underrated?

Lake Mills secured a huge win over Bishop Garrigan Tuesday night, by a score of 67 - 49. The Bulldogs now lead the Golden Bears by a half-game in the Top of Iowa - West Standings, with both having a single conference loss. There is an excellent chance these two squads meet up again in the post-season for a rubber match. Any predictions on that game if it would occur?

I’m gonna go with it depends on where it’s played... both teams have played the other well at home... if it’s a neutral site it’s a toss up. I’ve watched both games and to me Garrigan needs to stay out of foul trouble to be successful and lake mills need to be hot from the outside those have been key in both games.

Reactions: Anonymous500
Lake Mills secured a huge win over Bishop Garrigan Tuesday night, by a score of 67 - 49. The Bulldogs now lead the Golden Bears by a half-game in the Top of Iowa - West Standings, with both having a single conference loss. There is an excellent chance these two squads meet up again in the post-season for a rubber match. Any predictions on that game if it would occur?
I’ve actually been given indications coaches on both staffs that in all likelihood Garrigan will go west and lake mills will go east. Yes I like our chances in a 3rd rematch with that squad. If you have to shoot 50% from 3 to win that’s not a recipe for consistent success. We were down 5-6 with 1:45 to go and we just kept fouling and giving up wide open layups in an attempt to get back in the game which obviously fell short. Credit to lake mills however as they are a very good team and a top 5 team for sure. They have a pretty tough game tonight against Osage. This is pretty much there only tough non conference game

Anonymous111 said:

iahssportsfan said:

Lake Mills secured a huge win over Bishop Garrigan Tuesday night, by a score of 67 - 49. The Bulldogs now lead the Golden Bears by a half-game in the Top of Iowa - West Standings, with both having a single conference loss. There is an excellent chance these two squads meet up again in the post-season for a rubber match. Any predictions on that game if it would occur?[/quote]

I’ve actually been given indications coaches on both staffs that in all likelihood Garrigan will go west and lake mills will go east. Yes I like our chances in a 3rd rematch with that squad. If you have to shoot 50% from 3 to win that’s not a recipe for consistent success. We were down 5-6 with 1:45 to go and we just kept fouling and giving up wide open layups in an attempt to get back in the game which obviously fell short. Credit to lake mills however as they are a very good team and a top 5 team for sure. They have a pretty tough game tonight against Osage. This is pretty much there only tough non conference game
[/quote]

If your going to comment on a specific game, please use accurate numbers. The numbers used in the LM - BG game are not accurate. Quik stats shows they shot 41% from 3. And 5-6 was not the score difference at 1:45 left. Would be tough to get to +18. It was a 7 point spread around the 5 min mark and increased from there.

Last edited:
Anonymous111 said:

iahssportsfan said:

[/quote]

If your going to comment on a specific game, please use accurate numbers. The numbers used in the LM - BG game are not accurate. Quik stats shows they shot 41% from 3. And 5-6 was not the score difference at 1:45 left. Would be tough to get to +18. It was a 7 point spread around the 5 min mark and increased from there.[/QUOTE]
You realise shooting 40% from 3 is very very good. And that it was a 5-7 point game with roughly 2 minutes to go. That helming kid hit a 3 then it was over. It’s not hard to score 12 points in 2 minutes when the other team is fouling and pressing

Soloforloss said:

Anonymous111 said:

iahssportsfan said:

[/quote]

If your going to comment on a specific game, please use accurate numbers. The numbers used in the LM - BG game are not accurate. Quik stats shows they shot 41% from 3. And 5-6 was not the score difference at 1:45 left. Would be tough to get to +18. It was a 7 point spread around the 5 min mark and increased from there.[/QUOTE]
You realise shooting 40% from 3 is very very good. And that it was a 5-7 point game with roughly 2 minutes to go. That helming kid hit a 3 then it was over. It’s not hard to score 12 points in 2 minutes when the other team is fouling and pressing
[/quote]
I’m aware 40% is good for 3 pt percentage, but not the reason LM won. It was 54-47 with 5:15 left in the game, and I’m sure you know BG ended up with 49 for the game. Seems to me that the outcome of the game was decided from good defense.

Also, LM was 12-21 free throws on the night and they did not all come in the 4th quarter. And another FYI, BG allowed LM to dribble out the last full minute of the game.

It was a good, clean, fun game to watch. Just pointing out some of your stats and reasoning for the outcome are not accurate. Good luck to BG at your districts.

[/quote]
I’m aware 40% is good for 3 pt percentage, but not the reason LM won. It was 54-47 with 5:15 left in the game, and I’m sure you know BG ended up with 49 for the game. Seems to me that the outcome of the game was decided from good defense.

Also, LM was 12-21 free throws on the night and they did not all come in the 4th quarter. And another FYI, BG allowed LM to dribble out the last full minute of the game.

It was a good, clean, fun game to watch. Just pointing out some of your stats and reasoning for the outcome are not accurate. Good luck to BG at your districts.[/QUOTE]
The outcome of the game was decided from good defense in the final quarter. But no lake mills defense isn’t the greatest bishop garrigan could not buy a bucket in the final quarter. Both are evenly matched teams. IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT