ADVERTISEMENT

Championship games moved to Monday

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Never seen this before.

The IHSAA has decided to postpone Friday’s Championship Football games until Monday November 23. The decision was made based upon the National Weather Service forecast and the winter storm warning that has been issued for tomorrow.

Monday’s games will follow the same schedule. The welfare of teams traveling home on Friday in conjunction with the safety of fans traveling contributed to the decision.

Tickets sold for Friday’s games will be honored on Monday.

Never seen this before.

The IHSAA has decided to postpone Friday’s Championship Football games until Monday November 23. The decision was made based upon the National Weather Service forecast and the winter storm warning that has been issued for tomorrow.

Monday’s games will follow the same schedule. The welfare of teams traveling home on Friday in conjunction with the safety of fans traveling contributed to the decision.

Tickets sold for Friday’s games will be honored on Monday.

Must be a doozy of a storm.

With Western already in town and Regina not too far away this seems like a bad decision.

I hope the state covers Western's extra travel costs now.

Im sure they would of been able to make it back home before the snow hit. Why were they in town on Thursday Afternoon if they didnt play till Friday AM. Most teams don't come until after school lets out that day and then travels. Seems odd that they would of already been there?

I mean I remembering playing the early game on Saturday and our coach would have us arrive at the UNI Dome the night prior (7pm) to watch the 4A game and then we would head to our hotel.

Considering there was heavy snow coming down in Northwest Iowa before kickoff would have even happened and they are sitting at around 10" now, it was probably a good call for them to delay the games. Western and Spirit lake fans would have had some nasty roads to travel on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT