ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Game

The voters never ranked Regina ahead of either Grundy Center or St. Ansgar this season.

Final.
Regina 52
Grundy Center 28

Amazing season for the Regals, who claim their 8th State Championship!

It is, it looks like the seeding was off and St.Ansgar was clearly the #2 team and not Grundy. I hope for the sake of these kids they get it right next year! Gosh darnit boys in boone

You did notice that it was 10-7 when Opheim for Grundy went down??? A healthy Opheim makes a giant difference. Enough to win....no. Regina was best team, but Grundy was 2.

• Haha
Reactions: RichardFitzwel
And, now we've entered the part of the season where people complain about Regina.
People can relax. This was maybe the most skilled team they've ever had, and was filled with seniors.
I would anticipate they will be down a bit over the next couple of seasons.
That was some high level football though and a lot of fun to watch.

And, now we've entered the part of the season where people complain about Regina.
People can relax. This was maybe the most skilled team they've ever had, and was filled with seniors.
Don’t engage, people won’t be happy until they’re playing 3A or 4A.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Buddy.....people have been complaining about Regina being in Class A all season.

Also, based on the 1A title game:

Cooper DeJean by himself > Regina

Reactions: vikingfan13
Don’t engage, people won’t be happy until they’re playing 3A or 4A.
Actually, he's already, in the past, all but admitted that we are right about Regina and there's nothing we can do about it, so for me at this point, it's just poking fun at Pine to remind him of that fact. ;)

So he can engage all he wants, or not. Doesn't matter now.

But really though, Regina should go back to Class 1A..............:cool:

Celebrate the championship. Comparisons can wait

Reactions: Pinehawk
Implying the population of the combined communities of OABCIG as 3A. That's a different kind of stupid.

OABCIG: 3,879 with a majority coming from one community.

Iowa City: 76,290. Based on your implication the Regals should have been 4A
The point flew way over your head but that's not surprising given your intellect.

That comment aside. You should get over your hate for Regina. Typical small school success isn't based on public vs private. It's based on geographic location relative to population base. See Van Meter.

It's enjoyable that you still harbor resentment after

The point flew way over your head but that's not surprising given your intellect.

That comment aside. You should get over your hate for Regina. Typical small school success isn't based on public vs private. It's based on geographic location relative to population base. See Van Meter.

It's enjoyable that you still harbor resentment after
Regina is not a typical small private school..........

Deal with being wrong for Iowa high school football. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT