ADVERTISEMENT

BG, as I said

Yeah, this strikes close to home (literally). These butt ugly blights on the land have popped up all over my former home. Land owners are all too happy to receive government subsidized checks from energy companies knowing full well they produce a fraction of our energy demands. It’s just shortsighted, misguided and infuriating to witness this insanity.

Yeah, this strikes close to home (literally). These butt ugly blights on the land have popped up all over my former home. Land owners are all too happy to receive government subsidized checks from energy companies knowing full well they produce a fraction of our energy demands. It’s just shortsighted, misguided and infuriating to witness this insanity.

It's less reliable, more expensive, causes shortfalls in energy production and the government has to subsidize this crap to make it less crappy....even though it remains very crappy.

What's not to like?

I'm batting 1.000, right?

That’s not all you children of the corn are responsible for. That shittty ethanol your lobbies keep pimping is pure shite. Y’all should be ashamed.

I'm batting 1.000, right?
Read and weep
What’s your call Coach?? $3BILLION

“..Or do they have to dig it up and haul it away, to be buried in lined landfills, as is happening in many other states? Or maybe dig it out, line the ponds, and dump it all back in?..”

I say dig / pump them out ( remove water fraction)… make me a millionaire.

Read and weep
What’s your call Coach?? $3BILLION

“..Or do they have to dig it up and haul it away, to be buried in lined landfills, as is happening in many other states? Or maybe dig it out, line the ponds, and dump it all back in?..”

I say dig / pump them out ( remove water fraction)… make me a millionaire.

Leave it in place, of course. Moving it would be stupid and would cause MUCH more of an environmental issue than a possible seepage would. Moving forward require lined storage.

The great thing about coal, as compared to wind, is that you actually can generate a predictable and reliable amount of electricity. And that's a pretty cool feature for a power generation plant.

My dad managed gypsum ponds for 30 plus years as part of his responsibilities as a chemical plant manager and he says you're FOS with an agenda. According to him, people like you come up with solutions to problems that aren't actual problems and then those solutions end up causing actual problems...while simultaneously lining your own pockets.

He mentioned hexavalent chromium as an example. It was used in chemical plants to help reduce pollution but of course the hexavalent chromium itself caused HUGE issues and gave thousands of Americans cancer.

In short, get fvcked. Coal works...better now than ever.

My dad managed gypsum ponds for 30 plus years as part of his responsibilities as a chemical plant manager and he says you're FOS with an agenda. According to him, people like you come up with solutions to problems that aren't actual problems and then those solutions end up causing actual problems...while simultaneously lining your own pockets.
dbb46940d4fccf4d5cd5ad04209bf3cf.jpg

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Leave it in place, of course. Moving it would be stupid and would cause MUCH more of an environmental issue than a possible seepage would. Moving forward require lined storage.

The great thing about coal, as compared to wind, is that you actually can generate a predictable and reliable amount of electricity. And that's a pretty cool feature for a power generation plant.

He mentioned hexavalent chromium as an example. It was used in chemical plants to help reduce pollution but of course the hexavalent chromium itself caused HUGE issues and gave thousands of Americans cancer.

In short, get fvcked. Coal works...better now than ever.
Gypsum is naturally occurring environmentally inert with extreme low heavy metals concentrations . The main problem is safe containment . It can be remediated and converted to useful products. It is not in the same toxicity league as coal ash.

He’s exactly right on hex chromium. It was a problem 20 yrs ago ( used by most all Cr plating companies to provide a shiny finish) but that was easily and economically treated by reducing the pH and chemically cracking into safe trivalent Cr ( which is safe and actually a component in human lipid metabolism.)

So you support an industry that produces high volumes of untreatable and deadly mercury and lead ( long list of other toxins) ?

Gypsum is naturally occurring environmentally inert with extreme low heavy metals concentrations . The main problem is safe containment . It can be remediated and converted to useful products. It is not in the same toxicity league as coal ash.

He’s exactly right on hex chromium. It was a problem 20 yrs ago ( used by most all Cr plating companies to provide a shiny finish) but that was easily and economically treated by reducing the pH and chemically cracking into safe trivalent Cr ( which is safe and actually a component in human lipid metabolism.)

So you support an industry that produces high volumes of untreatable and deadly mercury and lead ( long list of other toxins) ?

Gypsum pond is a generic term. It had all sorts of crap in it...very little of which was naturally occurring. It could not be remediated and it could not be converted into other useful products, economically speaking.

In other countries, with different regs, everything that you said is true. And that is why these plants were shipped off overseas.

Hexavalent chromium was supposed to prevent rust, corrosion and leaks which would prevent pollution. It was the "pollution solution."

As it turned out, the medicine was far worse than the disease...sort of like moving gigantic ash piles. And that is why I mentioned it.

Gypsum pond is a generic term. It had all sorts of crap in it...very little of which was naturally occurring. It could not be remediated and it could not be converted into other useful products, economically speaking.

In other countries, with different regs, everything that you said is true. And that is why these plants were shipped off overseas.

Hexavalent chromium was supposed to prevent rust, corrosion and leaks which would prevent pollution. It was the "pollution solution."

As it turned out, the medicine was far worse than the disease...sort of like moving gigantic ash piles. And that is why I mentioned it.
Saban was only successful because he cheated. NIL fvcked him over.

Wrong thread?

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137

Yes, for a number of reasons....not least of which- large swaths of people will die and quality of life will plumet without reliable energy.

Also, we've gotten better at cleaner coal and with regards to its toxic disposal.

Finally, if we'd get off our ass with ACTUAL and LEGIT cleaner alternatives, like nuclear and gas, cleaner coal can be a stop gap. But hear me clearly...wind and solar are not viable solutions. They will waste our resources and strengthen our dependence on coal and other less desirable energy production. And anyone telling you otherwise is either an idiot or a thief who is likely to profit from the lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT