ADVERTISEMENT

Best goalkeeper in the state

Kunze is one of 2 goalies on the Menace.. the other one (boersma) is going to Trinity Christian in Illinois. I believe Kadlec is on the Regional Team? Or was at least.. By far the best in the state.

Kadlec graduated early and is already at Lousville that's what i heard so not sure what the crsa u18 team is going to do for a goalie

Kyle Zobeck, West High goalie more athletic, quicker, bigger reach than Kadlec. He plays for CRSA & ODP as well.

Michael Smith of Iowa City High goes about 6'5" has been All Conference a couple of years.

Your absolutely crazy if you think zobeck is more athletic, let alone quicker and better than kadlec. zobeck might be the best in the state now just becuase kadlec is gone but if he wasnt at college than kadlec would hold the title best keeper in the state hands down.

Ross Jennings is a good goalie however the pois that he shows in the goal is minimal. He makes tremendous saves just like any other great keeper, however when times come that one happens to get through, i've never seen him bounce back from being down. I think it's more of a mental block for ross, but none the less i will agree he is a great keeper.

kadlec played for a very good team. That may have made him look good, but Zobeck is more athletic, quicker, actually cat quick and probably bigger as well. Eagles97 must be kadlec's girlfriend.

You do not have to be Kadlec's girl friend to weigh in on this. No question... Kadlec over Zobeck.

Kadlec will always be better than Zobeck, i trained with Kadlec for over a year and there won't be a better keeper from Iowa for quite sometime, including Zobeck, as for the person who brought up the iowa city high keeper, he is a joke, i watched my friend chip him from 30 yards, hes absolute garbage

The two Menace keepers are decent, but I've seen them make their share of mistakes in goal. Such as almost giving up a goal because he was talking to our coach who was trying to distract him, etc. Ross Jennings is very athletic and has a good reach, but has given up some really trashy goals such as passing to the other team right in front of the goal and getting chipped from quite a ways away. I started the rest of the games after that. (mostly because we had him play field and needed more field players) I'm not the best in state, so I really can't decided who is best.

first game of the year fisher posts a shutout against east... not sure how many saves tho so hands down this kid is god at goalkeeper

A shutout really doesn't tell you a whole lot about a keeper. You could have a team with a great defense that gets about 1 shot a game and has 3/4 the games being shutouts while a great keeper could be on a terrible team that leaves him out to dry and has no shutouts.

Sioux City North lost to East in the SO. Yes it was 0-0 through 2 overtimes but i believe gave up 3 during the SO.

curtis howard from clinton might be one of the best in the state. He is very athletic and pounds on people in the goal.

Hey Fisher stop trying to talk yourself up. What are you the JV goalie because the Sioux City Journal said "Sophomore Mike Davenport posted the 2 shutouts from this weekend at Roosevelt." And if Fisher played in their first game against East than he gave up 3 pks in the shootout, which North lost 3-1. Dont get on here to talk yourself or a friend up especially if you arent even the Varsity Keeper.
This post was edited on 4/17 3:55 PM by SLP-O-8if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Kadlec doesnt have the physical presence to be a great goalkeeper. He isnt fearless if he gets challenged in the air.

big game tomorrow for the sophmore goalkeeper justin fisher against west... come watch the action game starts at 6 at hoover

Utterback-I dont know why you continue to get on here and talk about a guy who isnt even the varsity goalie. He must be pretty bad if he is in fact the JV goalie cuz in the game against West they brought in a guy, Lee Miller, who has never played in goal. Just let it rest man

Brian Medinger(dinger) from Bellevue Marquette is a great goalie not letting any team score on him yet this season, is a great canidate for best goalkeeper in the state.

I dont think it matters how many blank sheets you have bcuz if you have a terrible defense and an alright offense it doesnt matter a goalie can have 20+ saves a game and it not mean a thing if they lose 3 4 or 5 to 1, so i think it is tough to tell who are the best goalies in the state

michael smith of IC CITY hasn't allowed a goal the whole year at home (this does not include PK's because the WEST game went to a shootout....AGAIN.)

Kyle Zobeck, West High goalie more athletic, quicker, bigger reach than Kadlec. He plays for CRSA & ODP as well.

As Frosty said a LONG, LONG, LONG time ago, Kyle Zobeck is the Best Keeper in the State of Iowa. That is why he was named 2A ALL STATE GOALIE.

Kyle Zobeck is easily the best returning goalkeeper. whoever said kadlec was quicker than zobeck, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Zobeck is a great keeper and im not taking anything away from him but Kadlec has proved time in and time out why he was the best keeper in the state and one of the best in the region. I would have Kadlec over Zobeck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT