ADVERTISEMENT

Beavers behaving badly

giphy.gif

Love the quota comments. I usually feed that beast..."thank you sir, I was getting worried that I'd come up short before you came along."
Let’s face it. Local cops know where to set up to get speeders when they are running short on the month. It’s just a matter of knowing where and when, setting up shop, catching a few and you’re done. In most cases it’s not like it’s not warranted. I’ve earned every speeding ticket I’ve ever gotten.

Even when I’ve gotten caught I wasn’t anti-cop. Maybe I was anti-that-cop for catching me, but c’est la vi. Never understood why people up the ante and get shitty with a cop when they already have you stopped and under scrutiny.

Let’s face it. Local cops know where to set up to get speeders when they are running short on the month. It’s just a matter of knowing where and when, setting up shop, catching a few and you’re done. In most cases it’s not like it’s not warranted. I’ve earned every speeding ticket I’ve ever gotten.

Even when I’ve gotten caught I wasn’t anti-cop. Maybe I was anti-that-cop for catching me, but c’est la vi. Never understood why people up the ante and get shitty with a cop when they already have you stopped and under scrutiny.

City cops in most places. I can count on one hand how many tickets I've written that didn't involve an arrest.

For the most part, city cops and highway patrol (state troopers in AL) are measured based on activity level, or interactions with the public...not actual ticket writing. I'm sure some municipalities have "quotas" but they are a tiny minority.

If these kinds of police aren't going from call to call, they do traffic enforcement. The vast majority of Sheriff's Department's don't do that kind of work because our call activity level is so high comparatively and even in our down time, we should be looking for felony offenses. Different mandates.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Another reason that we don't do a lot of traffic enforcement is that we serve a LOT of warrants. I spend at least 90% of my free time trying to find people to serve warrants, especially felony warrants.

City cops in most places. I can count on one hand how many tickets I've written that didn't involve an arrest.

For the most part, city cops and highway patrol (state troopers in AL) are measured based on activity level, or interactions with the public...not actual ticket writing. I'm sure some municipalities have "quotas" but they are a tiny minority.

If these kinds of police aren't going from call to call, they do traffic enforcement. The vast majority of Sheriff's Department's don't do that kind of work because our call activity level is so high comparatively and even in our down time, we should be looking for felony offenses. Different mandates.
Fair enough. I just know if any quota issue cropped up it would just take a cop spending an afternoon in a known trouble spot to get whatever they needed. We all know where those places are.

Fair enough. I just know if any quota issue cropped up it would just take a cop spending an afternoon in a known trouble spot to get whatever they needed. We all know where those places are.

Sometimes we will get a lot of calls from people complaining about the speeding or reckless driving in an area so the low man on the totem pole will have to park his cruiser in that area for a few hours...or maybe a few hours for a few days. That is AWFUL. But Sheriff's are elected officials so...

Don’t you cotton wankers have speed cameras doing the dirty work for you or is it just we pitiful yankees that get the pleasure of being fleeced under the guise of “traffic safety.”

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Don’t you cotton wankers have speed cameras doing the dirty work for you or is it just we pitiful yankees that get the pleasure of being fleeced under the guise of “traffic safety.”

Montgomery is godawful.

@BamaFan1137 I got several tickets in college between 231 and I-85 on Taylor Road. Of course, the real fūckery of it all is since I was driving a truck that was registered to my parents, the city would mail the ticket to their address.

Lots of grass cutting and weed pulling ensued.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Must just be you pitiful Yankees - the only cameras I’ve seen south of mason-dixon are those to collect tolls

Montgomery is godawful.

@BamaFan1137 I got several tickets in college between 231 and I-85 on Taylor Road. Of course, the real fūckery of it all is since I was driving a truck that was registered to my parents, the city would mail the ticket to their address.

That sounds awfully familiar. I guess that’s also why we are working steady jobs instead of being shiftless layabout commie flag waving do nothing misfits in some shit filled Antifa commune somewhere throwing rocks at cops while trying to tear down a statue of Booker T Washington because of racism.

Montgomery is godawful.

That's Montgomery County and MPD. Mostly MPD I think. Way out of my jurisdiction, thank God.

Montgomery has red light cameras. There may be speed cameras somewhere in Alabama but I've never seen one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT