ADVERTISEMENT

BCMoore Rankings: Final

Originally posted by ghost80:
CID,

He wouldn't have a chance against me in the Octagon.

You forget that I'm a ghost. Unless ECTO-1 was sitting ringside I'd slime C3P0 at will until he shorted out and his golden hide lit up like a Christmas Tree.

I have learned something from CP. If I coddled my "underlings" the way he apparently does, I'd be able to sit at my desk too at 9:59AM and post a temper tantrum on Iowa Preps. Word of warning CP... if your "associates" find out what you are doing while they are busting their hump to try and make you look good....you'll have someone ripping harder on you than I have.
Interesting, weren't you just lecturing me about ASSumptions? At 9:59AM most of my "associates" would be sleeping or off shift. I mentioned previously I went to LSE for their short program in Decision Sciences. My primary degree is a Pharm.D. I'm a director for a remote pharmacy service. We cover off hours shifts for hospitals in a handful of states after their pharmacies close for the nights and weekends with some day coverage for peak hours or onsite staffing. We employ pharmacists that work from home and handle order entry for hospital clients. I'll staff shifts myself in addition to general administrative work (e.g. hiring, scheduling, client relations and some other employee HR related issues). Quite frankly my staff wouldn't care how my time is utilized because they watch TV, movies, read the news, etc., during their shifts depending on the order quantity in the queue. We have no problem with that as long as they complete their work in a high quality and timely fashion. I'm basically working off and on 24/7 as it is and plugged into the computer for long durations. Ask any pharmacist doing remote order work, it would be quite boring if you were only looking at the hospital system all day. So the benefit of working in this field is the ability to work from home, although I also have an office at the facility, and not having to work 5 days a week due to longer shifts while the downside is having varying shifts and long hours online. That's a little bit about me so I hope that eases your concern for my employment well being.
This post was edited on 12/11 8:41 PM by CP84

Wow CP,

It takes a lot to shock me but I've gotta admit that I am shocked over your thread. Not kidding anymore. Done joking. Things just got scary.

As highly computerized as the pharmacy and drug dispersion world has gotten and we have someone within that industry who becomes infatuated with a computer application that can only boast 82% accuracy. Makes me glad that I'm one of those few people in my age group that takes zero prescriptions. (While you are playing fantasy football.. I'm in the weight room).

Here is the thing I find scary. We have an individual who works within the pharmaceutical world which probably includes prescription narcotics and when he talks about these sport predictive computer programs what does he see in them? Gambling applications and openly talking about their value using them for gambling and how much money can be made using them.

I think you are right CP84. Maybe your underlings could care less what you do in your spare time but I'd bet your superiors, clients, and even others within your governing body would be surprised and probably interested in some of the things you have revealed in this thread.

You catching any of this Stick?

You win CP. I'm walking away from this one.

1) "As highly computerized as the pharmacy and drug dispersion world has
gotten and we have someone within that industry who becomes infatuated
with a computer application that can only boast 82% accuracy. Makes me
glad that I'm one of those few people in my age group that takes zero
prescriptions."

I won't waste my time repeating the point made again and again about different sectors having differing expected probability success outcomes. It apparently didn't sink in the first time. You must have missed my previous comment contrasting sports to evidence based medicine.

2) "While you are playing fantasy football.. I'm in the weight room"

You must be strong. I didn't realize you spent so much time in there you are incapable of anything as simple as ffb or that the two are mutually exclusive.

3) "Here is the thing I find scary. We have an individual who works within
the pharmaceutical world which probably includes prescription narcotics
and when he talks about these sport predictive computer programs what
does he see in them? Gambling applications and openly talking about
their value using them for gambling and how much money can be made using
them."

Yawn... My interest lies in prediction analysis hence my reasoning for doing a program in decision sciences. I must have missed where I advocated using BCMoore as a "gambling application" for the massive amount of betting that occurs in high school sports in Iowa (I'd better point out that's sarcasm).

4) "within the pharmaceutical world which probably includes prescription narcotics"

Is this meant to be funny because it has me laughing?

5) "I think you are right CP84. Maybe your underlings could care less what
you do in your spare time but I'd bet your superiors, clients, and even
others within your governing body would be surprised and probably
interested in some of the things you have revealed in this thread."

They'd be horrified to find out that I'm interested in prediction analysis, some years I play fantasy football and I compared BCMoore's model to those used by BCS, March Madness and (gasp) Vegas. I suppose that somehow makes me a poor pharmacist and gambling addict?

This thread is just becoming bizarre but you do provide the humor.

This post was edited on 12/13 10:53 AM by CP84

Brent,

I appreciate a good comic or a joke but you might want to put your efforts where they are needed since football is done.

In basketball I think your rankings might need some data integrity attention. Carroll beat B-F in the first game of the season. The computer shows Carroll losing this game. I realize your early ratings are first based solely on last year and then blend in last year and this year but showing Carroll at 1-1 in week one and 3-1 after week two are clearly an error when Carroll records were 2-0 and 4-0.

If you find one needle in a haystack there are bound to be more.

Please try to develope more controls going forward for CP84s sake. It could be hard for CP84 to keep his betting lines (and consequently his pharmaceutical integrity) straight if he is given bad betting lines from a computer that has a corrupt database.

It's one thing to have debates on a forum with some name calling, joking, etc., but another to continue to fabricate lies about someone's professional ethics (e.g. gambling, drugs, etc...). It doesn't matter even when posting from anonymous handles. I'm all for interesting debate even with a little poking fun but if you want to make libelous claims then you'd better be able to stand behind it.

This post was edited on 12/15 4:46 PM by CP84

Libel? Maybe in the FLL (Fantasy Legal League). CP, do you play there as well?

First. Does CP84 have damages? Is CP84 real? If I checked would I find a SS number, address, phone number, anything for CP 84?

Secondly. Even if there were damages sustained by a real person you would have a very hard sell. Who is the person who began talking about gambling and began expressing their knowledge of how these applications are used in gambling and millions have been made using them. You mocked my distain for even talking about gambling on a high school sport thread. You EVEN claimed that the pharmacy boards would LAUGH over the thought of gambling being a potential conflict of interest to someone having access to dispensing prescription drugs including narcotics. How would you be damaged if your alleged governing body would find this amusing? Come to think of it how do we even know that CP84 is a pharmacist? He claims to be one but there is no evidence. (In this thread he has actually demonstrated and shared more knowledge of the relationship of sport predictive computer applications to gambling than the actual profession where he claims employment).

Laughable.

Last night I wrote a response that would have only continued the back and forth vitriol. I've decided to edit it and just put an end to this. In my opinion you took some of my analogies out of context but it is what it is and not worth continuing to squable about. There's not really any point in continuing this discussion. We disagree with each other's opinions regarding this topic but it isn't worth continuing to have back and forth replies for another 2 pages. I'm done debating this because it doesn't serve either one of us with any purpose.
This post was edited on 12/16 1:43 PM by CP84

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT