ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone care to predict Class A round by round results?

I don't get why people need to come on here and bash East Buc, first of all it is a bunch of high school kids. Secondly if you look at the pods when they came out after the first round of games I think the state did a nice job of balancing out the top four teams in each of the pods, and probably did the same with the top 8 overall as well. In one pod there were upsets, and I don't know if Wapsie had an injured player or not, but that is not the fault of East Buc. They played and won the games required of them to get to the dome, don't hate on a team for doing that.

Reactions: IGo42
I don't get why people need to come on here and bash East Buc, first of all it is a bunch of high school kids. Secondly if you look at the pods when they came out after the first round of games I think the state did a nice job of balancing out the top four teams in each of the pods, and probably did the same with the top 8 overall as well. In one pod there were upsets, and I don't know if Wapsie had an injured player or not, but that is not the fault of East Buc. They played and won the games required of them to get to the dome, don't hate on a team for doing that.
Saying a team didn't deserve to be at the dome isn't hating on them.

You do realize chedder That Mason City Newman was the 3rd place team in Britts district and EB steamrolled them in the first rd right? Also the second place team in that district was North Butler who sqeaked by a 3-6 starmont team in the 1st rd. Dont tell me their were two other better teams. So your saying that Newman was not good, Lisbon was not good and wapsie Valley was not good three teams they had to beat just to get to the dome. I love it when people rip other teams when their team is sitting at home watching. I suppose Solon in 3A was overated also as they got beat by 42 in the dome.
North butler was better than East Buchanan. That's not even debatable.

North butler was better than East Buchanan. That's not even debatable.
Wait Chedd you said their were 2 better teams in that district and you never answered my question, were Mason City Newman, Lisbon and Wapsie valley all bad teams that should have never made the playoffs? Your like a politician you tell alot of stories but avoid the questions asked because you know your wrong. Were all so glad you are playing Thursday in the championship game that's quite the honor hopefully you respect your opponent win or lose but I have a feeling if you lose its because something happened not because the other team was better on that one single day. As for Bc Moore thats a joke just ask teams like Regina and Solon in other classes, a computer cant pick winners the teams do that. Look back at bc moores preseason and first couple weeks predictions for proof how big a joke it is. The games are won on the field and whoever plays the best that day and that day only will win.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst
West Hancock beat North Butler 36-0 and East Buc 37-0 can we say for sure that North Butler is the better team?

Class A has been headed for a West Hancock vs Grundy Center final all year long, those two are better than everyone else, but after those two I think that there are about 10 teams that could have made the semis depending on match up and thing like injuries.

In no particular order

Woodbury Central
East Buc
LoMa
HMS
North Butler
Wapsie
North Tama
North Linn
Lisbon

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
West Hancock beat North Butler 36-0 and East Buc 37-0 can we say for sure that North Butler is the better team?

Class A has been headed for a West Hancock vs Grundy Center final all year long, those two are better than everyone else, but after those two I think that there are about 10 teams that could have made the semis depending on match up and thing like injuries.

In no particular order

Woodbury Central
East Buc
LoMa
HMS
North Butler
Wapsie
North Tama
North Linn
Lisbon
PNation....what is your prediction for WH vs. GC?

Whoever wins the turnover battle will win, if I have to choose I would take Grundy Center in a low scoring game, but I wouldn't put any money on it, to me this is probably the best title game of the weekend.

In no particular order

Woodbury Central
East Buc
LoMa
HMS
North Butler
Wapsie
North Tama
North Linn
Lisbon
Thats to much common sense P Ched wouldn't understand that.

Whoever wins the turnover battle will win, if I have to choose I would take Grundy Center in a low scoring game, but I wouldn't put any money on it, to me this is probably the best title game of the weekend.
I agree turnovers but field position and who wins that battle will be key. I think these two teams are very evenly matched and are the two best class A teams as we all saw the matchup clear back when the season started and we didnt even need bc moore to tell us that. I think Grundy has a weapon or two more on offense that I think they will sustain a few more drives than WH. Both offenses want and will run the fb, last week WH struggled in the first half against EB but then found their rhythm in the second half. I think this an an 18-8 ballgame with the winning team getting a big play early to set the momentum. I like WH defense and defense win championships but I am leaning Grundy ever so slighlty.

Wait Chedd you said their were 2 better teams in that district and you never answered my question, were Mason City Newman, Lisbon and Wapsie valley all bad teams that should have never made the playoffs? Your like a politician you tell alot of stories but avoid the questions asked because you know your wrong. Were all so glad you are playing Thursday in the championship game that's quite the honor hopefully you respect your opponent win or lose but I have a feeling if you lose its because something happened not because the other team was better on that one single day. As for Bc Moore thats a joke just ask teams like Regina and Solon in other classes, a computer cant pick winners the teams do that. Look back at bc moores preseason and first couple weeks predictions for proof how big a joke it is. The games are won on the field and whoever plays the best that day and that day only will win.
LOL

I was watching on mute, and they had a tight shot of the formation -- did everyone on Grundy Center get back and set when they spiked the ball on that last play? If so, I can't believe they didn't put a second back on the clock to give them a play. That's tough. Seemed like they snapped as soon as they could, and it didn't take two seconds.

Reactions: IGo42 and sstark46
Just an absolutely atrocious way to end that game. I really don't follow why there is not any video replay at the dome.

I was watching on mute, and they had a tight shot of the formation -- did everyone on Grundy Center get back and set when they spiked the ball on that last play? If so, I can't believe they didn't put a second back on the clock to give them a play. That's tough. Seemed like they snapped as soon as they could, and it didn't take two seconds.
They were definitely not set when they snapped it.

I just paused it, and there were 2 seconds on the clock when the ball was spiked. I didn't see a ref actually even make the signal to wind the clock.
No way they should have just ended the game like that. Terrible.

Just watched again. Everyone that you could see on the screen was set prior to the snap. No flags for motion.

None of the players even seemed to question that there would be another play. They are preparing for another play, asking for a flag, etc. But, no one celebrates or indicates that time had run out until the refs surprise them all.

Reactions: NWIowaSioux
There were also 3 seconds that ran off the clock earlier in the drive that shouldn’t have ran off.

The team bus just rolled into town!
Huge procession!
We ARE the Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its great to be Fearsome Eagle Beasts!!!!!

Reactions: cheddarwurst
Was at the game. There was 2 seconds left on the clock before the snap. It seemed like they snapped the ball before the ref even wound the clock. Not sure what to say. Those refs were the fastest on the field today though. They tossed the ball towards the sideline and sprinted off. I wondered why they didn’t just run a play instead of risking that.

Also, as someone mentioned previously there was a time earlier where several seconds went off the clock when it shouldn’t have if I’m remembering the right game. It was a long day. Stayed until half of the 4A game. Glad we didn’t stay for the OT’s and light issue.

Why didn't you reply to my post about you not knowing the rules of HS football?
I said it SHOULD have been. Its ridiculous they don't have a rule to keep teams from cheating at the end of games like that. Either way, should have been a flag, and they weren't gonna score anyway. Sorry guy.

Why didn't you reply to my post about you not knowing the rules of HS football?
You should know by now Ched never answers questions because he knows he would put his foot in his mouth. You go back thru all the posts he never answers anything.

You should know by now Ched never answers questions because he knows he would put his foot in his mouth. You go back thru all the posts he never answers anything.

Lol …… thought I would throw that in before ched uses go to response when asked a question

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT