ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone care to predict Class A round by round results?

Iron Doc

All Conference
Nov 5, 2005
While I am of the opinion that the West Hancock Fearsome Eagle Beasts will prevail this year, I don't know enough about many of the Southern teams to make semi-educated guesses.
Therefore, feel free to post your guesses as to who wins round by round. Thanks in advance.

Grundy center over earlham
Lisbon over east buch
North tama over L-S
L-M over mount ayr
HMS over north butler
North linn over wapsie
West H over south O
WC over SWV

not a ton of surprises here but I’m on the board at least! Would love to see a rematch of the 2019 state championship between GC and WH

I would go with

Grundy over Earlham
North Tama over Lynnville Sully

North Linn over Wapsie
Lisbon over East Buc

Logan Magnolia over Mount Ayr
Woodbury Central over Southwest Valley

West Hancock over South O'Brien
HMS over North Butler

Then in quarterfinals

Grundy over North Tama
North Linn over Lisbon
Logan Magnolia over Woodbury Central
West Hancock over HMS

I don't know necessarily how they would pair them up in the semis with those 4 teams but I think you would probably get

West Hancock vs Logan Magnolia
Grundy Center vs. North Linn

I would take West Hancock and Grundy Center

If I had to pick a champion I would take Grundy Center, if the game was outside I might take West Hanock, but with no impact from the elements I think Grundy is a touchdown better. I just don't hope that they don't get paired up in the semis, nothing against the other teams left, but I think these two teams are the best ones left.

A Logan-Magnolia West Hancock game might the the fastest game in dome history if that happened!

Class A getting no love on the boards. Anyone feel like throwing some predictions out for the quarters or any insight with any teams left

Two toss up games and two games that have a favorite. I’ll take

LoMa
West Hancock
Grundy Center
Wapsie

WV - Just too much Firepower on offense for East Buch to keep up with
WH - I think this will be closer than you think
WC - WC looks to be rolling but it will be close too
GC - GC defense looks too stout for NT to score much

Ok dome games are going to be great. Iron Docs team plays east buch. Old school smash mouth foootball. Grundy plays Woodbury central. And I have no idea who wins that one.
im going Britt over EB
And GC over WC by one point

Continuous clock in WH-EB game? That’s not gonna happen. EB’s defense has played very well this season while the offense is capable of controlling the tempo with their rushing attack.

Britt will have a continuous clock on East Buc, no joke.
Grundy over Woodbury, can’t go against that dome experience.
I think Britt wins but no running clock. EB is big and physical and also runs the ball. This game will go fast with a total of probably 6 passes between both teams.

Britt WH 20
EB 0

Last edited:
I don't see West Hancock getting to continuous clock mainly because I am not sure their will be enough possessions to do it, his game may be over in an hour and a half.

EB hung with WH for a half. Couple of costly penalties hurt their scoring chances. WH wore EB down. Give WH credit, good luck in the finals.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst
We have now. Shouldn't have been in the dome, that's for sure.
Why should they have not been in the dome because they were beat by a better team in the 2nd half today? Their road to the dome was probably as tough as anyone to get there Beating Newman, Lisbon and Wapsie. I can tell you for a fact they had the respect of Britt and by your comment that really takes away the quality of win Britt got.

• Haha
If it wasn’t for a injury last week they wouldn’t have 🤷‍♂️
Spoken by a true Wapsie fan playing the Penn State game that if their QB didnt get hurt they would have beat Iowa. You got shut out by EB and if I read the stats correctly your small RB would not of stopped EB from rushing for over 300 yds against you but maybe you forgot that stat. Typical Wapsie smack talk and by the way you shouldnt have even been in that spot if North Linn didn't decide to play their worst game of the year and even at that still should have won as they moved the ball at will all night. Oh and also you must have forgot you would have finished 3rd in your district had North Tama not had two of their best players suspended when you squeaked by them in the season also. Always tough to remember those little things.

Last edited:
Spoken by a true Wapsie fan playing the Penn State game that if their QB didnt get hurt they would have beat Iowa. You got shut out by EB and if I read the stats correctly your small RB would not of stopped EB from rushing for over 300 yds against you but maybe you forgot that stat. Typical Wapsie smack talk and by the way you shouldnt have even been in that spot if North Linn didn't decide to play their worst game of the year and even at that still should have won as they moved the ball at will all night. Oh and also you must have forgot you would have finished 3rd in your district had North Tama not had two of their best players suspended when you squeaked by them in the season also. Always tough to remember those little things.

Good thing you are here to remind us all of the woulda, coulda beens of the season. Glad it only happened to teams that were playing that team.

Why should they have not been in the dome because they were beat by a better team in the 2nd half today? Their road to the dome was probably as tough as anyone to get there Beating Newman, Lisbon and Wapsie. I can tell you for a fact they had the respect of Britt and by your comment that really takes away the quality of win Britt got.
No, they shouldn't have been there because they're not even one of the top 8 teams, let alone top 4. Above average team.

Heck, there were 2 other teams from west Hancock's district better than EB.

No, they shouldn't have been there because they're not even one of the top 8 teams, let alone top 4. Above average team.

Heck, there were 2 other teams from west Hancock's district better than EB.
You do realize chedder That Mason City Newman was the 3rd place team in Britts district and EB steamrolled them in the first rd right? Also the second place team in that district was North Butler who sqeaked by a 3-6 starmont team in the 1st rd. Dont tell me their were two other better teams. So your saying that Newman was not good, Lisbon was not good and wapsie Valley was not good three teams they had to beat just to get to the dome. I love it when people rip other teams when their team is sitting at home watching. I suppose Solon in 3A was overated also as they got beat by 42 in the dome.

Reactions: IGo42
You do realize chedder That Mason City Newman was the 3rd place team in Britts district and EB steamrolled them in the first rd right? Also the second place team in that district was North Butler who sqeaked by a 3-6 starmont team in the 1st rd. Dont tell me their were two other better teams. So your saying that Newman was not good, Lisbon was not good and wapsie Valley was not good three teams they had to beat just to get to the dome. I love it when people rip other teams when their team is sitting at home watching. I suppose Solon in 3A was overated also as they got beat by 42 in the dome.
My team isn't sitting at home watching. They're playing Thursday.

East Buchanan was not good at all and bcmoore backs that up.

My team isn't sitting at home watching. They're playing Thursday.

East Buchanan was not good at all and bcmoore backs that up.

Well if bcmoore says it then it’s definitely fact. Odd that they even chose to play the games to get to the dome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT