ADVERTISEMENT

After the 3A first round, who do

I am not a fan of the multiplier, but it makes more sense in BBall than Football. Last night Wahlert is playing Chariton. DW has a population of 100,000 to draw from, Chariton maybe 4000. It is easier by the numbers to get put together a great basketball team with a couple of "recruits" than it is to manage that on a football numbers level. Meier is a transfer for DW, and I find it odd that Josh Carter's brother plays for Senior. There is just too much flexibility. But it can also be done in Public schools. Last year BillyBurg's team benefitted from an open enrollment from ICWest. Solid bench player for ICWest and he makes first team all state in 3A. The open enrollment is a little tougher to pull off unless you have some close smaller schools for the trip to school, but can be done.

So you are saying public schools do it as well? That's crazy talk. Don't dare suggest closing open enrollment!!

I believe that sports was a primary reason for Beyer but certainly not the only reason similar to why Mims and Techau went to Xavier.

Transferring while in HS vs MS is a bit different. Question, did Mims and Techau have to pay tuition or did their athletic prowess result in a scholarship?

Reactions: Vroom_C14
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT