ADVERTISEMENT

3A District 4 Predictions

loco60

Freshman
Sep 15, 2010
Assumption, Davenport at Wahlert, Dubuque ( (ND))
[/I]Two teams with something to prove and both have Hail Mary's in their playbook. I'm picking the Knights by two touchdowns with Wahlert perhaps having a chance for special plays to pull them through.

Epworth, Western Dubuque at Xavier, Cedar Rapids
[/I]Homecoming for the Saints. Will it be 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter or 4th quarter for the first first down for Western Dubuque?
Last week was an overtime game win, this week won't reach overtime. Saints march in, Saints march out, Saints march on.

Marion at Maquoketa
[/I]The Indians make the bus trip for a very good reason, to pick up that W that coach needs! The Cardinals didn't travel well to Xavier last week, but road food and the game would've made for plenty upset stomachs had more fans came to Cedar Rapids.

Solon at Central Clinton, DeWitt
Solon might be getting an itch for a rematch with Xavier, but they'll have to take care of business first. Birney Field will welcome the Spartans with an overcharged group of Sabers. This will be a very close match, but the bounces will go Solon's way for some timely scores to keep the home team at bay.

Calling a 35 point clock at Loras is pretty bold. Assumption must have Christ coming down off the Cross for that one. I've never heard of an injured diety.

Originally posted by loco60:
Calling a 35 point clock at Loras is pretty bold. Assumption must have Christ coming down off the Cross for that one. I've never heard of an injured diety.
Well given they are both christian schools - I am guessing Christ might be the Head Official.

200.gif

My picks:
Assumption
Xavier (in a whipping)
Marion
DeWitt in the upset. Bad weather helps out a not-as-bad-as-their-record Dewitt.

Vroom,
I agree that calling 35 point clock in the Assumption-Wahlert game is gusty bordering on slander. Assumption is 3-2 and has beaten 3 teams with a combined 3 wins (see Quik Stats). Wahlert is 2-3 and has beaten teams with a combined total of ...... 3 wins. Basically, we do not know which team is pretty good and which is weak. Neither is going to the final 8. My belief is that Assumption is better, but honestly, given the Quad-city football quality......who the heck knows? Do they not understand the rules down there or what? I know Bettendorf us very, very good. But the Davenport teams....what the heck?

MLNW

Originally posted by makelovenotwarud:
My picks:
Assumption
Xavier (in a whipping)
Marion
DeWitt in the upset. Bad weather helps out a not-as-bad-as-their-record Dewitt.

Vroom,
I agree that calling 35 point clock in the Assumption-Wahlert game is gusty bordering on slander. Assumption is 3-2 and has beaten 3 teams with a combined 3 wins (see Quik Stats). Wahlert is 2-3 and has beaten teams with a combined total of ...... 3 wins. Basically, we do not know which team is pretty good and which is weak. Neither is going to the final 8. My belief is that Assumption is better, but honestly, given the Quad-city football quality......who the heck knows? Do they not understand the rules down there or what? I know Bettendorf us very, very good. But the Davenport teams....what the heck?

MLNW
Assumptions losses came to 4A...errr 3A #1 Xavier and #1 4A Bettendorf .

Yeah, the Dav teams are suspect... always seems to be Bett and Ass dominating.

Assumption all over Wahlert, if they are healthy
Xavier wont lose anymore, including the title.
Marion will pull it together
DeWitt. Solon not that impressive on either side of the ball.

Originally posted by thinkpad1:
Assumption all over Wahlert, if they are healthy
Xavier wont lose anymore, including the title.
Marion will pull it together
DeWitt. Solon not that impressive on either side of the ball.
Solon not that impressive - they gave up 28 pts to Xavier vs DeWitt's giving up 59...

Good point. Hard to assess though as Xavier's deep bench was inserted early in the 2nd 1/2 against both teams. Probably could have hung up more points if they wanted.

Originally posted by thinkpad1:

Good point. Hard to assess though as Xavier's deep bench was inserted early in the 2nd 1/2 against both teams. Probably could have hung up more points if they wanted.
Xavier\Solon had subs in mid 4th, not early 2nd half. Solon was also missing their starting RB\LB andhad a few kids recouping from the flu.

Xavier still wins 3A and makes the semi's in 4A.

47-7 Solon in the 3rd...
7-6 West Dub 4th!!!!
Ass 34 Wah 7 half

This post was edited on 10/3 8:54 PM by Vroom_C14

This post was edited on 10/3 9:07 PM by Vroom_C14

This post was edited on 10/3 9:12 PM by Vroom_C14

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT