3-A State Picks?

Earvin32

Freshman
Feb 15, 2013
Heelan - Why not
Waverly - Playing very well right now.
Xavier - Will be a beast in the tournament
Wahlert - How cant you pick them
Fort Madison - Just wait...sleeper to win it all!
Pella - Long and tough
Grinnell - Always seem to find a way

Champion - Xavier

Substate 1: Spirit Lake - They need to keep winning in regular season, otherwise their road to state might be Algona, MOC-FV, Lemars.
Substate 2: Waverly - I think they have a pretty good draw. Probably top 2 or 3 most likely to make it IMO.
Substate 3: Wahlert - Got a good draw as well. Probably most likely to make it. Would hate to be the high seed that has to play them 1st round.
Substate 4: Xavier. I think they'll win an extremely close game against Dewitt in the Substate final.
Substate 5: Fort Madison: What a tough road with probably Keokuk and Williamsburg.
Substate 6: Pella: This is probably my hardest to pick. Four or five teams in the substate have a legitimate shot.
Substate 7: Dallas Center-Grimes: Another substate where four or five teams wouldn't surprise me by winning out.
Substate 8: Carroll: Wow, the last 3 districts are all hard to choose. I'm saying Caroll beats Harlan on a buzzer beater.

Champion: Waverly in what will be an extremely close state tournament

Back-up picks after these fall apart.

Sub1: Lemars
Sub2: Humboldt
Sub3: West Delaware (Wouldn't that be crazy if Wahlert didn't even make substate?)
Sub4: Dewitt (As I said, Dewitt-Xavier closeness)
Sub5: Williamsburg
Sub6: Chariton
Sub7: Perry
Sub8: Harlan

Backup champion: West Delaware (If you beat Wahlert in districts, you must feel unstoppable, right?)

This post was edited on 1/20 6:32 AM by NeverReadTheTermsOfService

This post was edited on 1/20 8:34 AM by NeverReadTheTermsOfService

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT