3. W.D.M. Valley
4. W.D.M. Dowling Catholic
5. Bettendorf
5. Cedar Rapids Kennedy
7. Pleasant Valley
8. Waukee
9. D.M. Hoover
10. Johnston

Also receiving votes: Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids Washington, Sioux City North.

CLASS 1-A
1. Cedar Rapids Xavier
2. Glenwood
3. Norwalk
4. Denison-Schleswig
5. Council Bluffs St. Albert
6. Fort Madison
7. Dubuque Wahlert
7. Waterloo Columbus
9. Decorah
10. Bondurant-Farrar

Also receiving votes: Centerville, Nevada.

Source: Iowa High School Soccer Coaches Association.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080409/SPORTS08/80409015/1019/PREP_INSIDER

-----------------
I agree with most of the rankings. Norwalk has a crazy tough schedule the rest of the year. they should have no issues in conference play. however, their non-conference play is tough [just like every year]. Coach Kralik believes in challenging the squad all year long to prepare them for state.
Norwalk plays: # WDM Valley, #10 Johnston, #1 Millard West [Nebraska], and the Norwalk Coed Invitational is bringing these teams:

Dallas Center-Grimes
#4 Denison Community High School
Lewis Central High School
Lincoln High School
Nevada High School
Perry High School
#8 Waukee High School

this could be a pretty crazy tournament. all of those teams can play and anything can happen on any given day out at the McAninch sports complex in Norwalk. The wind has just been horrendous for the past few years for any games played out there! And guess what, Norwalk has lost each time its been windy but resolved themselves in the consolation brackets. Enough about Norwalk... I think Glenwood should be ranked above Xavier for the sole purpose that Glenwood beat Xavier. Unless Glenwood has another loss that i dont know about... Keep an eye out for the Cook lead squad of Bondurant-Farrar as well.

Will be interesting to see how WDM Dowling Catholic and Waukee compete in the CIML. Hoover has already proven themselves as a tough team. They nearly beat Ankeny the other night.

Next year, Xavier will be going to Class 2-A. Thus, this year will be a key year for them to make a hard run at state plus they will be losing some solid seniors after this year.

i think that the rankings are perfect. West at number 1 just like they should be. the only problem is dowling should be ahead of valley because valley is still trying to recover from the anal pounding that they took from west.

Quick question here.....Didn't Valley lose to West in a shootout? Didn't that same West team lose to Dowling in a shootout? So, why isn't it West that is resting from the pounding?

The best team right now is one of these teams:

West Des Moines Dowling
West Des Moines Valley
Ankeny
Iowa City West

Just checking....isn't Dowling still undefeated? I thought they were, but one of the sites I saw said that they had lost.

anal pounding are u kidding me....i was there for the end of the valley west game......neither team looked dominate and neither team in my opinion looked like #1 in the state for sure....they both looked sloppy...which might have to do with it being early in the year..but compare the valley teams from the last few years to this one and they would get raped....and that being said that means west is way down too....i dont know maybe my expectations are just to high

In reply to the Hoover-Ankeny game...I happen to be able to catch this game while watching another game out at Cownie.

Hoover played outstanding despite playing in one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. They also played Ankeny 1-1 for almost 60 min a man down after a questionable red card. Even down a man, Hoover still continued to create opportunities. The goals other goals they gave were a PK off a flop and a offsides goal while they were pressuring and had only 3 defenders back. I would be very careful not to overlook Hoover, they are very fast and create very effectively.

I wasnt really watching too closely so i dont really know names. They look pretty even in most areas. They have a center mid that is very good and a forward that can jump out of his shoes. Both were getting hacked pretty well with no cards and hardly any fouls. The mid was crushed by two guys (looked like he cut open his lip)a couple times with no foul...Again, very poorly officiated game. I really hope the center in that game got some sort of lecture because it was horrible.

Yes, Huse Jupic is a good player and is a junior. He plays on DSM Menance U17 team. Hus is small (sometimes can be pushed off the ball) but active in the mid field. Just cannot give him much room but in HS, there is plenty of room to take a touch or two and then dribble around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT