ADVERTISEMENT

2A - Week Three

EIHC_Fan

Freshman
Oct 13, 2004
Now that we have some games under the belt. Any comments on how the top teams like Xavier look? Some of the teams making the top 15 I have not seen and heard much about like Keokuk, South Tama, and De Witt.

Here is a question, how can a losing team (e.g. South Tama, 1-2) be ranked when an undefeated team (e.g. Mount Vernon, 6-0) not be ranked?

I am hoping that Boone uses records to seed the Sub-States vs. Rankings such as these.

A little about Norwalk:

Norwalk beat Xavier in pk's after controlling much of the game.
Norwalk beat ADM in pk's
Norwalk beat Ames in pk's
Norwalk beat Pella Christian 4-0
Norwalk lost to WDM Valley
Norwalk lost to DM Hoover

Seem to be having a few issues offensively. Seems like Norwalk's loss in Kyle Cummings to Tulsa is hurting the possession on the offensive side of things.

alright so Norwalk never beat never beat ADM in PKS because it was a scrimmage that happened at the beginning of the season and they only took 5 PKs and it ended in a tie 3-3 in PKs. 0-0 in regulation.

Thanks for correcting me. Here are all of the scores so far posted on the Union's site. You can select to see the scores by week.

http://www.iahsaa.org/soccer/09_scores.html

Current Rankings in 2A as of April 20th:

1. Norwalk 6-2
2. Spencer 4-0
3. Cedar Rapids Xavier 4-1
4. Decorah 3-0
5. Hudson 9-1-1
6. ADM 7-1
7. Dubuque Wahlert 0-3
8. Keokuk 2-0
9. Glenwood 4-2
10. Harlan 5-0
11. Denison-Schleswig 3-0
12-T. Perry 4-2
12-T. Knoxville 4-1
14. Sioux City Bishop Heelan Catholic 1-1
15-T. South Tama 1-2
15-T. DC-G 2-1

Interesting to see some of the teams in there as they are. More will fan out here in the next week or so as many of these teams meet each other in conference play. Looks like Dubuque Wahlert is having a fun time in that really tough conference out east being 0-3. Would like to see more about this Hudson team. Also, looks as if Spenser is scoring LOTS of goals so far this season!

CRX update

Xavier has won all of their games except for the Norwalk game, which 41a21v points out was easily "controlled" by Norwalk, who then won on PK's.

CRX is solid on defense, but seems to allow 1 breakdown per game. Their offense has the ball on their end of the field much of the time but doesn't cash in well.

Two away games Saturday against LinnMar and CR Kennedy will tell us a lot.

Re: CRX update

Norwalk has had troubles scoring this year. Games can be controlled and won in PK's. Xavier controlled the game in 2007 versus Norwalk but Xavier lost in PK's. I wasn't at the game, just going off of hearsay at this point for reference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT