ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Tournament

Somebody make a stinking free throw!! I’ve never seen a team so good shoot so lousy from the line... Made the game closer than it was. Gonna need to make them down the stretch.. Made for a rough game to watch, but I don’t necessarily disagree with fouling Henderson with 5 minutes to go... Win and advance

Great 2A tournament so far. Semis should be fun. I would agree Treynor looks the best so far.

Last edited:
So where has the outrage been lately with the parochial schools dominating?

How can these schools compete? All the disadvantages..... so talent, hard work and coaching are important? Hogwash I say!!!!!

Reactions: Kevin7216
I think every school that has open enrollment should have a multiplier applied if there are successful. It essentially makes them as if they have no district boundary.

Reactions: Pinehawk
How can these schools compete? All the disadvantages..... so talent, hard work and coaching are important? Hogwash I say!!!!!

One year private schools don't do well at state. 1/8 of the 2A field was private schools....which is how it should be because that is about the ratio of private to public schools.

One year private schools don't do well at state. 1/8 of the 2A field was private schools....which is how it should be because that is about the ratio of private to public schools.
Last year there wasn't a semi-final team in 2a, 3a, or 4a that was a parochial school. 3 total parochial schools is 2a, 3a, and 4a.

Last year there wasn't a semi-final team in 2a, 3a, or 4a that was a parochial school. 3 total parochial schools is 2a, 3a, and 4a.

Never had a big issue with parochial schools... Most of them do things the right way..... Just like most public schools do.... There seems to be lots of kids moving around ... Almost every school has somebody open in or out... Seems some just happen to get stud athletes in the deal.... More power to them, I guess... Such is life

2A is gonna be harder to call for the semis. I think Camanche is way more gifted but Boyden Hulls experience and coaching carry them to a close win.

North Linn is way overmatched physically but I think they keep this game closer than people think. Still going with Treynor is another close one.

Boyden Hull vs Treynor in Finals!

Camanche with tenacious defense, but both teams also a little sloppy on the offensive end so far in the 1st Qtr.

Just 7-4 after the 1st.

Dominant victory for Boyden-Hull over Camanche with their 6th man stepping up to score 27! They are just such a complete and deep squad with anyone capable of going off. Camanche did themselves no favors missing 18 free throws. You can't win games shooting like that. Boyden-Hull returns to the title game for the second year in a row. If they can play another game like these first two they just might win it.

Treynor out there looking like they have never seen a trap before. Just throwing the ball away every possession.

Reactions: LAK26
2A is gonna be harder to call for the semis. I think Camanche is way more gifted but Boyden Hulls experience and coaching carry them to a close win.

North Linn is way overmatched physically but I think they keep this game closer than people think. Still going with Treynor is another close one.

Boyden Hull vs Treynor in Finals!

It is surprising that North Linn has kept it that close. Good thing Hilmer sat for a good chunk of the first half otherwise they would be up by 30.

I’ve seen Treynor in person 3 times this year, they are freaking good. It’s the most athletic 2A team I’ve seen. North Linn is just ridiculous.

You have to give credit to North Linn, they play aggressive swarming defense, but Treynor looked entirely unprepared for it. I mean we just saw West Sioux handle it pretty well on Monday. Treynor didn't show up tonight and you can't do that against good teams. North Linn is a very good team, no doubt. They came out to prove something and they did just that. Amazing performance from them.

Treynor was trying to make a run in the second half. Could have been a much different game if they only played a half during the regular season.

Did not see that coming at all. Gotta give credit to North Linn on their game plan and effort, that was amazing.

Rematch from last years Title Game.

Did not see that coming at all. Gotta give credit to North Linn on their game plan and effort, that was amazing.

Rematch from last years Title Game.

BH stayed close last year for a half before NL exploded to outscore them 39-21 in the second half. I hope it is competitive this year. If NL gets on a roll, look out!

Posters have been critical of the schedule NL plays -- it is a 1-A conference. NL is 2 students away from being a 1-A school this year. The past few years they have went out and scrimmaged big schools with quality programs and while scrimmages are not games, it has given them the confidence they need to compete. Good coaches know the game is always between their team and their own team's potential, it not about opponents -- NL has practiced this to perfection the past few years. The fact that they are doing this with one senior and 4 sophomores is remarkable. I hope BH can give them a game, but my money is on NL -- they have a chip on their shoulder, even the CR Gazette picked them to lose their first game at state and for the last two years they have been told that they can't play with the 2-A schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: IowaMan24
You have to give credit to North Linn, they play aggressive swarming defense, but Treynor looked entirely unprepared for it. I mean we just saw West Sioux handle it pretty well on Monday. Treynor didn't show up tonight and you can't do that against good teams. North Linn is a very good team, no doubt. They came out to prove something and they did just that. Amazing performance from them.

I agree. They hit Treynor hard with an aggressive full court trapping press and Treynor was not prepared. Just curious, does NL normally press all game? The reason I ask is the conference Treynor is in, almost nobody presses full court. Not many have the athletes to do so and especially not against Treynor. I’m willing to bet that Treynor did it see many full court presses all season.

Treynor is a very confident team, cocky team. That all disappeared in the first 2 minutes of the game. They lost their swagger and were rattled for most of the game.

I agree. They hit Treynor hard with an aggressive full court trapping press and Treynor was not prepared. Just curious, does NL normally press all game? The reason I ask is the conference Treynor is in, almost nobody presses full court. Not many have the athletes to do so and especially not against Treynor. I’m willing to bet that Treynor did it see many full court presses all season.

Treynor is a very confident team, cocky team. That all disappeared in the first 2 minutes of the game. They lost their swagger and were rattled for most of the game.
NL presses every game. My take on the game was Treynor's coaches didn't think NL could play with them and didn't game-plan and prepare much for them.

Reactions: Sarge-82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT