ADVERTISEMENT

2A Playoffs Thread

Pretty cool setup here. Only down side is that BC can be very unaccurate. NWIA seems to be having some crazy good games this postseason! BH seems to have an "easier" path to return to state as well as West Sioux got past who I'd say was the most talented team I'm their district.

Pretty cool setup here. Only down side is that BC can be very unaccurate. NWIA seems to be having some crazy good games this postseason! BH seems to have an "easier" path to return to state as well as West Sioux got past who I'd say was the most talented team I'm their district.
I made it mostly because I hate cycling through each district link on Iowa’s website to find matchups. I just added the rankings for fun.

I think Cherokee might give West Sioux a run for their money also.

I made it mostly because I hate cycling through each district link on Iowa’s website to find matchups. I just added the rankings for fun.

I think Cherokee might give West Sioux a run for their money also.
You have AP beating Hudson but Hudson won by two last night. Aaron Thomas got a technical in the last minute or two of the game and they lost by two points at the end.

Shocked they actually gave Aaron Thomas a technical, should probably have hundreds in his career, but he always get a pass because of his father.

I couldn’t agree more. Few years ago I saw him pick up a chair and slam it back down and nothing called. Mad props to the ref who treated the situation the way it should be regardless of the name of the coach and T’d him up for slamming his fist on the scorers table.

Was that Cascade blowout of IC Regina as bad as the score indicated? I know Regina has injuries but wow.

Not a good style matchup for Regina. Combined with a key injury to a Regina player who scored 20 in an earlier season win over Cascade. Road game in Cascade’s backyard, they shot 50% from 3 and 65% overall, and they did a good job keeping Miller under control.

Haven't seen Regina play (their best player transfered to Iowa City West a few years ago), but I would never take Cascade lightly. They won the 2A title a couple of years ago and are building back to being a very good team. Their girls' team is undefeated. They're not going to win state, but they will be a tough team to take out.

Tuesday could be filled with great district championship games. (all rankings I'm about to use were from before any postseason games just to keep things consistent)

District 1
#4 West Sioux vs #13 Cherokee - Cherokee doesn't match up against West Sioux as well as Sioux Center did with their height but I still think this will be a close game.

District 4
#24 Okoboji vs #20 West Lyon - West Lyon won the first game by 2. Okoboji came back and beat West Lyon by 15 the next time. Okoboji played a great game to knock off Western Christian so I'll give them the slight edge in this game.

District 8
#10 Monticello vs #25 Cascade - Monticello is 19-2 this year and have beat some very good teams already. Cascade's record is 15-8 but are coming off a win over a tough Regina squad. Monticello took both of the regular season match-ups but I'm going to take a chance on Cascade
getting an upset win. (it's always really hard to beat a team 3 time in a season)

District 9
#7 Camanche vs #18 Willliamsburg - Camanche seems like the safe pick here and are 10 point favorites on BC Moore. Williamsburg is no east out though. They started out the season rough with 4 straight losses (all to top 20 3A teams) but since then have only lost 2 games. I'm going to take Camanche in this game but I think it might be a close game.

District 12
#8 Van Meter vs #12 Woodward-Granger - Van Meter is 21-0 this year and no one gets this far without a loss if they aren't a good team. They won their only match-up against Woodward-Granger this year by 9 points. Van Meter is predicted to win by 3 points.

District 13
#9 Des Moines Christian vs #11 Pella Christian - DM Christian is 17-5. Two of their losses were to undefeated Van Meter by 3 and 4 points. Pella Chrsitian is 11-10 but their schedule is brutal including 3A #1 Norwalk and 3A #2 Pella. I'm going to take DM Christian just because the seem to be the more consistent squad but I know nothing about these 2 teams' rosters so the match-up could honestly go either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT