ADVERTISEMENT

2A in 2022

Apr 20, 2020
Congratulations to Southeast Valley on being the 2021 State Champs. Very talented and deserving team!!

With that being said, who are the top teams on paper for 2022? Anyone care to take a shot at a Way-Too-Early top 10? I think I'd have OABCIG at the top since it looks like they bring back almost everything!!

Dont know how many starters SEV brings back but 13 seniors with alot of talent to be replaced.OABCIG will probably be pre season #1. might have made dome this year if in a different pod!

Here goes nothing:

1) OABCIG- bring back a ton of starters from a Quarterfinal team, plus Dejean has a year under his belt now. Should be very good!!

2) CL/GLR- They have the pedigree and Lutmer might be the best overall player in the class.

3) Williamsburg- Return top 2 rushers and top 4 tacklers on defense. Seems like they're always in the hunt come playoff time.

4) Waukon- Seems like they always get to the dome!! Also return their QB.

5) West Lyon- They're West Lyon. They'll do what they do and be pretty darn successful!!

6) West Marshall- Return their QB and 2 of their top 3 tacklers. They're always really solid!!

7) North Fayette Valley- Return their top rusher and top 2 tacklers from Quarterfinal team.

8) Greene County- Return some good weapons and 4 of their top 6 tacklers. I think they'll get higher than this during the season but for pre-season this seemed like a good spot.

9) New Hampton- Return the McShane kid and 5 of their top 6 tacklers.

10) Spirit Lake- Seems like they never run out of athletes and always reload!!

Others to watch: Osage, Estherville-LC, PCM, Iowa Falls-Alden, Clarinda, Southeast Valley, and Unity Christian. Sorry that's a lot!!

Reactions: MsideChief
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT