ADVERTISEMENT

2A brackets

any upsets tonight? Only one I saw that would be an upset was N Tama over Iowa Valley.

Nope-looked like everything fell into place from what I saw.....maybe round 2 will be different.
Love the matchup where AGWSR has to go to Dike- Bruce DAll against his former team- adds a little interest.

The only close one I saw was MVAO only down 3 at half to Missouri Valley. But Missouri Valley pulled away in the second half.

I agree that OABCIG losing at home was a surprise in 3 A...didn't see that one coming....and yes husker dogg I will bring the red bull per your request:)

Just got done looking at 2 A results. 2 games of interest as upsets. West Monona beat Woodbury Central according to the girls union website. Score was listed as 79-44. That is about opposite of what I would expect. Serious upset and is an example of why they play the games. West Monona was 9-14 and averaged 37.9 pts a a game. Woodbury Central was 16-5 and averaged 61.9 pts. West Monona must have come to play. I checked the union twice to make sure I didn't read it wrong.

I see Kuemper beat St. Eds. Not sure how huge of an upset this is, but I was giving the nod to St Eds with playing at home. Kuemper won by 10. Anyone have any info on how this game went down.

Round 2 on Friday!

Dike-New Hartford 45, AGWSR 23
Aplington-Parkersburg 56, Jesup 35

Big showdown Friday between AP and DNH in Parkersburg. Will AP be able to beat the Wolverines 3 times in a season?

Originally posted by VikeFan28:
Just got done looking at 2 A results. 2 games of interest as upsets. West Monona beat Woodbury Central according to the girls union website. Score was listed as 79-44. That is about opposite of what I would expect. Serious upset and is an example of why they play the games. West Monona was 9-14 and averaged 37.9 pts a a game. Woodbury Central was 16-5 and averaged 61.9 pts. West Monona must have come to play. I checked the union twice to make sure I didn't read it wrong.

I see Kuemper beat St. Eds. Not sure how huge of an upset this is, but I was giving the nod to St Eds with playing at home. Kuemper won by 10. Anyone have any info on how this game went down.

Round 2 on Friday!
3-win Emmetsburg beat 14-win North Union in OT.

That West Monona score is crazy though.

Kuemper was favored in BCMoore's rankings to win, not to mention they were ranked ahead of SE (#9 vs #14). It wasn't the toughest draw like last year, but few other 2A teams drew a solid 15-win team (that they had played and beat by 3 earlier in the year) like SE did for their 2nd rd game.

Ha. I typed up a big post on point differentials, most points each team had scored and given up and what a shccking upset this was.......

Thought this sounded too odd to be true!

This post was edited on 2/12 10:19 PM by icu81222

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT