ADVERTISEMENT

2017-18 3A predictions

EIH's Top 10 for 2017- 18: I haven't put out a ranking for a couple of years, it seems. This is a list of which 3A teams I think will be the best in the state, although some won't be ranked because of difficult schedules and will have a bunch of losses, although it seems every team on the list has beefed up their schedule the last few years. .

1. Mt. Pleasant. I think this is their year. A solid team with desire.
2. CR Xavier- Several really good players. If they finish over .500 in the MVC, watch out.
3. S.C. Heelan- Lots of players back. They've been quiet for a few years. Not this year.
4. Oskaloosa- a lot of people pulling for this team with HEIGHT.
5. Dub. Wahlert- Talent in every upcoming class for about the next ten years.
6. Waverly-Shell Rock- Just a solid, well-coached perennial power.
7. Pella- Are they ever not good?
8. West Delaware- Tall, experienced and athletic.
9. Dav. Assumption- Veteran team that will take their lumps in the MAC; then watch out.
10. Norwalk- Good guards and a pretty tough DM-area schedule.

Last edited:
Can someone give me some insight on Glenwood and Heelan? Don't know much about the western Iowa teams, must have a lot of guys back if they are ranked that high coming off seasons that they didn't get to state.

For Heelan, Hazekamp a D-1 recruit (UND, I believe). Really good supporting cast. Hopefully their last year in the "Pit".

EIH's Top 10 for 2017- 18: I haven't put out a ranking for a couple of years, it seems. This is a list of which 3A teams I think will be the best in the state, although some won't be ranked because of difficult schedules and will have a bunch of losses, although it seems every team on the list has beefed up their schedule the last few years. .

1. Mt. Pleasant. I think this is their year. A solid team with desire.
2. CR Xavier- Several really good players. If they finish over .500 in the MVC, watch out.
3. S.C. Heelan- Lots of players back. They've been quiet for a few years. Not this year.
4. Oskaloosa- a lot of people pulling for this team with HEIGHT.
5. Dub. Wahlert- Talent in every upcoming class for about the next ten years.
6. Waverly-Shell Rock- Just a solid, well-coached perennial power.
7. Pella- Are they ever not good?
8. West Delaware- Tall, experienced and athletic.
9. Dav. Assumption- Veteran team that will take their lumps in the MAC; then watch out.
10. Norwalk- Good guards and a pretty tough DM-area schedule.

The more I think about it, Oskaloosa should be the #1 team pre season. What other team can say they have 2 players that are over 6'8 that are legit D1 prospects? Normally, the teams that win at state have a top college prospect on their team...this 3A team has two! If they just get solid guard play, they should be tough for anyone in 3A to matchup with. Heelan is the next best team with their size and balanced roster...plus Foster is an elite coach for the Crusaders. Mt. Pleasant's shooting and experience definitely give them a shot as well.

Reactions: Bulldog198240
The team with the best guards will win most years (not always, of course). Last year's 4A and 3A winner had elite, Division 1- caliber guards. Otherwise, teams have trouble getting the ball to the bigs against the very strong teams defending them at state. The last four 3A state champs- Wahlert and Xavier- had really, really good guards. That's why I'm going with Mt. Pleasant or Xavier this year. College ball is a vertical game; high school basketball is more of a horizontal game, in my view. Ninety percent of the court is controlled by the guards, so they'd better be good.

Last edited:
The team with the best guards will win most years (not always, of course). Last year's 4A and 3A winner had elite, Division 1- caliber guards. Otherwise, teams have trouble getting the ball to the bigs against the very strong teams defending them at state. The last four 3A state champs- Wahlert and Xavier- had really, really good guards. That's why I'm going with Mt. Pleasant or Xavier this year. College ball is a vertical game; high school basketball is more of a horizontal game, in my view. Ninety percent of the court is controlled by the guards, so they'd better be good.
I think that is a good point but remember the best player on Wahlert those years was a 6'8 post player who is now at Iowa. His name escapes me:) They did have some guards who could shoot but they got open shots because everyone was concerned with Pemsl and they had another post transfer that could cause havoc as well. Guard play is crucial but I think the successful teams need a legit post to open things up on the perimeter. In my opinion, that is what has held Mt. Pleasant back, their guard play is arguably the best in the state but they don't have a solid post to take some heat off. They did have that Australian dude last year, but he really wasn't that solid of a player. Solid guard play and leadership will get you far, but I think you need that height, like Oskaloosa has to take it up a notch and be a title contender. Regardless, 3A is wide open this year, should be a lot of fun to watch it unfold.

Outside of Jared Walker the first year...what truly elite guard did Wahlert have? Those teams won two titles because of mainly Pemsl, Carter(big time athlete), Timp, and Till...their length and athleticism was unreal for 3A. Plus, their teams are always very well coached and disciplined. Their guards were solid shooters that defenses had to respect but they were not elite playmakers that led them to that success. That is why I believe if Oskaloosa just gets solid guard play(not great) they could be the team to beat. It's just like in college basketball where most teams that make the Final Four and win the title ultimately have guys that end of being future pros. Teams with Top D1 or D2 caliber players in HS normally win out over teams that lack that type of talent. Great conversation topic EIH...always love your insight as it generates healthy discussion/debate on this board!

All good points, but it is hard to win without good guards who will get withering pressure to keep them from getting the ball in to Foster and the other big. I think that Osky will have a lot of people pulling for them this year, and so will Mt. Pleasant. I'd love for those two to meet up in the title game, and it may well happen, unless they have to play somehow before state, which would be a tragedy. Somehow, the IHSAA has to keep the best teams separated and in different substates.

All good points, but it is hard to win without good guards who will get withering pressure to keep them from getting the ball in to Foster and the other big. I think that Osky will have a lot of people pulling for them this year, and so will Mt. Pleasant. I'd love for those two to meet up in the title game, and it may well happen, unless they have to play somehow before state, which would be a tragedy. Somehow, the IHSAA has to keep the best teams separated and in different substates.
If Osky and Mt. Pleasant were private schools they would meet in substate. Let's be honest, a private school has won the last 4 titles in 3A so the state is going to make it as easy as possible for solid public school programs to make it with the hopes of having a nonprivate school win it.

If Osky and Mt. Pleasant were private schools they would meet in substate. Let's be honest, a private school has won the last 4 titles in 3A so the state is going to make it as easy as possible for solid public school programs to make it with the hopes of having a nonprivate school win it.
True. I didn't realize the parochial schools had won 4 in a row. It will be interesting to see what the state does with Wahlert, Xavier, and Assumption this year. Could Assumption be sent south to play against Osky and Mt. P? Or will the state put all of the catholic schools in Eastern Iowa together again? The only two teams that consistently seem to get a pass to state are Pella and Waverly for the most part. That is taking nothing away from both programs as they are legit...just seems they rarely if ever have a challenging path to Des Moines.

The problem with substate pairings is that the good teams aren't geographically spread out evenly around the state. This happens in all classes. A team may get a walk to state one year, and the next year have to battle a powerhouse. Wahlert had one walk a few years ago, but almost every year has to go through CR Xavier or Waverly. This year the state could put Assumption in with Mt. Pleasant; Osky could go west, and Xavier and Wahlert will probably meet again, like they have so many years, or Wahlert could meet Waverly again. It is tough in the east for 3A, but it's probably even worse for 4A. I wish the state could at least attempt more balance, even if it means that one or two teams will have to travel farther. Maybe Oskaloosa or Xavier should be moved more to the center of the state in pairings. I think a shift from east to the west is necessary, except for the Sioux City area, where you also have a group of successful schools bunched together. And then there's northwest Iowa which always has a cadre of good teams.

Hopefully the state can use their heads this year and not lump teams like Mt Pleasant, Osky, Waverly, Xavier, Wahlert, Assumption in the same districts while West Deleware gets a cake walk through the wamac teams. I understand they had a good record last year, but everyone knew what the outcome was going to be.

Exactly, Hawki45. The big games should be at state. The top eight teams, whoever they turn out to be, should be spread around geographically, then the next eight added in a balanced fashion, etc. Some teams are always bunched together when they don't have to be. Traveling a little farther is better than two top teams meeting in a substate game. The state should realize this. Get the best teams at state and the crowds will follow.

Last edited:
Did anybody see the video of Foster's tip dunk at USA Basketball Camp this weekend? He shattered the backboard...I think Osky is the team to beat in 3A! This kid is a big time talent just starting to grow into his frame. Look out...he will be hosting block parties in Osky on Tuesday and Friday nights this Winter:) What are the odds he stays in state for college?

Did anybody see the video of Foster's tip dunk at USA Basketball Camp this weekend? He shattered the backboard...I think Osky is the team to beat in 3A! This kid is a big time talent just starting to grow into his frame. Look out...he will be hosting block parties in Osky on Tuesday and Friday nights this Winter:) What are the odds he stays in state for college?
It won't be long before the big time programs come calling.

Barnes stayed in State... I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred to a 4A school like Dowling though...

Barnes stayed in State... I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred to a 4A school like Dowling though...
He may transfer but he does have a decent supporting cast and he probs wouldn't transfer to Dowling. If he was a football player then sure but I could see him going to IC West or maybe Valley.

I think a good idea for basketball would be for the substate games or sweet 16 teams to be played at a big neutral site and if you qualify teams would be re-paired. I think it brings more excitement and more to play for. I mean the state tournament would maybe have a better chance of getting more of the better teams there. Could also mean one part of the state is better represented. There will be some pretty tough districts based off of what teams will be good in certain parts of the state this year.

Last edited:
Practice starts next week and scrimmages will be taking place soon...season is almost upon us. What are some of the matchups for the Pride Scrimmages anyone has heard about? It is a great time of year with playoff football and basketball about to get underway.

Can someone give me some insight on Glenwood and Heelan? Don't know much about the western Iowa teams, must have a lot of guys back if they are ranked that high coming off seasons that they didn't get to state.
Check out Quikstats and you will find out in a few minutes why people expect them to be good...

Glenwood was 18-6 with NO Seniors.
Heelan was 17-7 with 2 Seniors and they have Hazekamp.

Much like Mt. Pleasant, Glenwood lacks a big man. They will be a State contender, but Mt. Pleasant is a taller and better version of them.

I see a drop off for West Delaware this year. I saw them against Waterloo West the other night and they don't have any depth. Krogmann and Kelley are the extent of the depth. After that they have a significant drop in talent. Kelley would have been the 5-6th best player for Waterloo West.

Don't underestimate Assumption. If Peeters steps into the "give me the ball" he should have a big year and will not be someone any team can match up well against except Xavier with Joens. I also coached the group of seniors they have outside of Thrapp who played up and they scrap and fight harder than anyone if they are motivated to do it.

With that being said I am still calling for Xavier #1. They have the size advantage over Mt. Pleasant and that is what I will give the advantage.

Xavier
MP
Heelan
Assumption
Spirit Lake
CPU
West Delaware
Glenwood
Atlantic
Forest City
Ft Madison

Check out Quikstats and you will find out in a few minutes why people expect them to be good...

Much like Mt. Pleasant, Glenwood lacks a big man. They will be a State contender, but Mt. Pleasant is a taller and better version of them.

I see a drop off for West Delaware this year. I saw them against Waterloo West the other night and they don't have any depth. Krogmann and Kelley are the extent of the depth. After that they have a significant drop in talent. Kelley would have been the 5-6th best player for Waterloo West.

Don't underestimate Assumption. If Peeters steps into the "give me the ball" he should have a big year and will not be someone any team can match up well against except Xavier with Joens. I also coached the group of seniors they have outside of Thrapp who played up and they scrap and fight harder than anyone if they are motivated to do it.

With that being said I am still calling for Xavier #1. They have the size advantage over Mt. Pleasant and that is what I will give the advantage.

Xavier
MP
Heelan
Assumption
Spirit Lake
CPU
West Delaware
Glenwood
Atlantic
Forest City
Ft Madison

Xavier and MP play on the 28th so we will see if you are right...

Xavier and MP play on the 28th so we will see if you are right...
I wish this game was later in the season. I assume the football players at Xavier will take a few days off before starting basketball practice so I don't think they will be 100%, I look for Mt. Pleasant to win by 10 or so, if this game was played in Jan, different story. Both teams will be decent so I look for them to meet again in substate or Des Moines in March.

Xavier is the best team in 3-A. Period. A couple days off practice won't matter for them. Until they are beat by a 3-A school, they are the best team in this class.

1. Some teams can change dramatically over the course of a season.
2. Sometimes a close defeat early can change into a sound win later in the season.

Everyone talks about Mt Pleasants guard play and don’t get me wrong they’re no slouch but the best in the State? They put up really good stats in a weak conference. Am I missing something? I guess we’ll see if the guards can get it done this year. I still think if they run into a Xavier Foster on their way to state they’re in trouble.
Don’t sleep on Assumption either. They are going to be a solid all around team that’s hungry to get to Des Moines. Play tough competition during the year and will be tested.

Xavier
MP
Heelan
Assumption
Spirit Lake
CPU
West Delaware
Glenwood
Atlantic
Forest City
Ft Madison

What about Oskaloosa? They have top 25 2020 player in Xavier Foster at 6'10 and Cole Henry another D1 big man at 6'9. Gonna be hard for anyone to stop two post threats like that for most if not all 3A teams.

I think Xavier has to be the favorite again. They have a phenomenal backcourt and it's always smart to pick the big city private school over the small town kids. We'll see how they do without Techau (best post player from last year). They might have a weakness inside, but Mt. Pleasant (probably their biggest competition) is a guard-oriented team as well. Season opener at MP will be a fantastic backcourt battle. I have not heard of any 4A school kids transferring over to Xavier this year (which is unusual) but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some new faces we haven't heard about.

A ton of top 3A teams lost their top players (Pella, Waverly, SBL, etc..). I actually think the class might be a little down this year, compared to last year where there was a ton of high-end talent, at least for the state teams.

In theory, Oskaloosa would be the wild card because of their big guys, but I'd have to see some tape to see how refined their skills are this year. I only saw them play a few times last season but I didn't feel their posts did a lot (compared to what I had heard). That team had a couple of really downer games last year but they do bring back some back court guys to go along with their bigs.

I also have to believe that Wahlert and Assumption are in the running, because much like with Xavier, they often have kids who used to go to 4A schools appear on their b-ball roster when they have some soft spots.

As far as I know, Xavier doesn’t have any transfers. I know they still have Mims and Schulte in the back court, but everyone else will be guys seeing their first action at the varsity level. May be a learning curve for some guys.

Haven’t heard of any transfers at Wahlert or Assumption either, not sure where you get your information on that.

I know a lot of top teams lost their studs from last year, but there are a good number of teams that didn’t make state but were close that return a good number of guys, mainly Heelan and Glenwood. Did Glenwood get a recruit from Valley? Thought I saw someone mention that above. They could be scary good. Only a few days away from real games. Excited to see how the season plays out in all classes

As far as I know, Xavier doesn’t have any transfers. I know they still have Mims and Schulte in the back court, but everyone else will be guys seeing their first action at the varsity level. May be a learning curve for some guys.

Haven’t heard of any transfers at Wahlert or Assumption either, not sure where you get your information on that.

I know a lot of top teams lost their studs from last year, but there are a good number of teams that didn’t make state but were close that return a good number of guys, mainly Heelan and Glenwood. Did Glenwood get a recruit from Valley? Thought I saw someone mention that above. They could be scary good. Only a few days away from real games. Excited to see how the season plays out in all classes

Usually that is a big part of the big city private schools having success. This Xavier team has (or had) a lot of that. I think the starting 5 a couple years ago was made up of kids from 3 different schools.

Jackson Joens is the #2 Xavier kid. Schulte didn't score too much last year. So they'll have three starters back, although the two they lost were pretty important.

Usually that is a big part of the big city private schools having success. This Xavier team has (or had) a lot of that. I think the starting 5 a couple years ago was made up of kids from 3 different schools.

Jackson Joens is the #2 Xavier kid. Schulte didn't score too much last year. So they'll have three starters back, although the two they lost were pretty important.

Can you tell me the three transfers that started for them? I know the older Mims transferred in as well as the Techau kid who wasn’t playing at Kennedy. All the other kids that started or saw significant minutes are from catholic middle and elementary schools.

I am from Cedar Rapids and have been watching high school basketball for decades here...I always laugh at the people throwing out the catholic schools recruit excuse. In all actuality, there is more transferring going on with the public schools. About 5-6 years ago, 4 of the top 6 kids for Kennedy were all from Prairie! Yet nobody said anything about Fontana recruiting. Probably because he wasn't. At that time Prairie was down, Kennedy was up. Kids want to play for schools and coaches that win, PERIOD! And if their parents are willing to make the move they usually do and guess what, parents are more willing to do it if they don't have to pay $10 grand a year to send their kid to private school.

Reactions: Hawki45
Maybe Xavier is different than other private schools and don't offer scholarships to good players in certain sports(Sarcasm because we all know they do it like Assumption and Dowling).... I know Assumption gives scholarships to good wrestlers. I know that Assumption gives out at least 1 a year to basketball players. I am guessing they do it for football and baseball as well. Soccer may be another sport they do that for.

Dylan Peeters played in the North Scott club teams and was lured to Assumption over North Scott. I think much of that had to do with his cousin Billy Daniel being a legacy player at Assumption. Trent Fitzpatrick was a Bettendorf kid and Bettendorf made the mistake of not giving him a shot due to his size. He came into Assumption with a chip on his shoulder and has proved he has an unteachable work ethic. Daniel Powers was an Alleman kid(Sibling goes to Alleman). Trenton Wallace was an Illinois kid. Brody Harding considered Assumption due to his dad going there but stuck with his friends at Moline(He's a D1 baseball player committed to Illinois).

I'm not going to say it is a bad thing that Catholic schools "recruit" like most people say, but they do recruit so don't deny it.

The reason it isn't brought up for public schools is because they aren't paying money to send the kids there.

Marlon Stewart and the Seales brothers didn't just pick North Scott because they had friends there. Bailey Basala didn't pick North Scott for education purposes. Ty Anderson(Sophomore) did got to play with his friends. They all were recruited to North Scott and in Ty's case his dad was given a coaching position. He was a Garfield Middle School kid from Davenport.

Bettendorf has a laundry list of recruits for football and basketball. The reason Davenport schools rarely compete in football is because by Varsity time Bettendorf has the best kids. Ryan Fall, Darius Martin, Jackson brothers, and Jamal Winston are just a few of the basketball recruits. Moline, Chicago, and Davenport kids. Also, just got a kid from East Moline this year.

Jerry Miles was given chances at 3 or 4 area high schools before he was out of high school.

Maybe Xavier is different than other private schools and don't offer scholarships to good players in certain sports(Sarcasm because we all know they do it like Assumption and Dowling).... I know Assumption gives scholarships to good wrestlers. I know that Assumption gives out at least 1 a year to basketball players. I am guessing they do it for football and baseball as well. Soccer may be another sport they do that for.

Dylan Peeters played in the North Scott club teams and was lured to Assumption over North Scott. I think much of that had to do with his cousin Billy Daniel being a legacy player at Assumption. Trent Fitzpatrick was a Bettendorf kid and Bettendorf made the mistake of not giving him a shot due to his size. He came into Assumption with a chip on his shoulder and has proved he has an unteachable work ethic. Daniel Powers was an Alleman kid(Sibling goes to Alleman). Trenton Wallace was an Illinois kid. Brody Harding considered Assumption due to his dad going there but stuck with his friends at Moline(He's a D1 baseball player committed to Illinois).

I'm not going to say it is a bad thing that Catholic schools "recruit" like most people say, but they do recruit so don't deny it.

The reason it isn't brought up for public schools is because they aren't paying money to send the kids there.

Marlon Stewart and the Seales brothers didn't just pick North Scott because they had friends there. Bailey Basala didn't pick North Scott for education purposes. Ty Anderson(Sophomore) did got to play with his friends. They all were recruited to North Scott and in Ty's case his dad was given a coaching position. He was a Garfield Middle School kid from Davenport.

Bettendorf has a laundry list of recruits for football and basketball. The reason Davenport schools rarely compete in football is because by Varsity time Bettendorf has the best kids. Ryan Fall, Darius Martin, Jackson brothers, and Jamal Winston are just a few of the basketball recruits. Moline, Chicago, and Davenport kids. Also, just got a kid from East Moline this year.

Jerry Miles was given chances at 3 or 4 area high schools before he was out of high school.
Hi Max, it looks like you have quite an in depth knowledge of high school athletics in the Quad Cities area. That's fun, good for you. I need to hit you with some knowledge regarding Catholic schools and recruiting. First, since Catholic and all private schools for that matter are self-funded they all must 'recruit' all students to attend because without their tuition dollars the school can't function. So to say a Catholic school is recruiting athletes, while that may have some truth you also need to mention they are recruiting all students, not just the athletes. When you fail to mention that last piece it appears that Catholic and private schools are only trying to get athletes to attend those schools and that is simply not the case. The two schools I am most familiar with are Xavier and Regina. Both schools have high academic performances as well as strong fine arts programs to go with their respective athletic programs. So when you begin to discuss recruiting make sure you include all of the facts. Speaking of facts, Xavier nor Regina do not give out athletic scholarships. There is tuition assistance that is available for all of the students, not just the athletes. Dowling and Assumption may run their schools differently but you can't group all Catholic schools together because of the actions of a few. Hope this helps so we don't continue to spread false messages on this discussion board.

Hi Max, it looks like you have quite an in depth knowledge of high school athletics in the Quad Cities area. That's fun, good for you. I need to hit you with some knowledge regarding Catholic schools and recruiting. First, since Catholic and all private schools for that matter are self-funded they all must 'recruit' all students to attend because without their tuition dollars the school can't function. So to say a Catholic school is recruiting athletes, while that may have some truth you also need to mention they are recruiting all students, not just the athletes. When you fail to mention that last piece it appears that Catholic and private schools are only trying to get athletes to attend those schools and that is simply not the case. The two schools I am most familiar with are Xavier and Regina. Both schools have high academic performances as well as strong fine arts programs to go with their respective athletic programs. So when you begin to discuss recruiting make sure you include all of the facts. Speaking of facts, Xavier nor Regina do not give out athletic scholarships. There is tuition assistance that is available for all of the students, not just the athletes. Dowling and Assumption may run their schools differently but you can't group all Catholic schools together because of the actions of a few. Hope this helps so we don't continue to spread false messages on this discussion board.
Man, if Regina and Xavier gave out a couple "athletic scholarships" each year...would love to see how that would impact their programs. Doesn't surprise me to hear that Assumption and Dowling do. Quad Cities has always been a recruiting war between all of the schools. Assumption probably has to do it just to remain competitive in the MAC. Dowling is simply a well oiled machine in football

I am from Cedar Rapids and have been watching high school basketball for decades here...I always laugh at the people throwing out the catholic schools recruit excuse. In all actuality, there is more transferring going on with the public schools. About 5-6 years ago, 4 of the top 6 kids for Kennedy were all from Prairie! Yet nobody said anything about Fontana recruiting. Probably because he wasn't. At that time Prairie was down, Kennedy was up. Kids want to play for schools and coaches that win, PERIOD! And if their parents are willing to make the move they usually do and guess what, parents are more willing to do it if they don't have to pay $10 grand a year to send their kid to private school.

I think there is a fair amount of that from public schools as well. The private schools (namely Xavier, Wahlert, Regina and Assumption) just get looked at more because they are in 3A. I don't think anyone would care as much if they were in 4A, but when there is so much transferring and open-enrolling within the big cities of Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Iowa City and Davenport, it's kind of hard to sit there and watch some of these teams beat up on the little 3A towns (or worse in Regina's case).

It would be nice if the state was harsher on these kinds of things, but the IAHSAA doesn't really seem to care as long as they get their money.

Can you tell me the three transfers that started for them? I know the older Mims transferred in as well as the Techau kid who wasn’t playing at Kennedy. All the other kids that started or saw significant minutes are from catholic middle and elementary schools.

Did both Mims and Techau transfer in? If so, those are the two stars of the team (along with Burger the year before last). I know someone posted a story on here from the school's newspaper a couple years back that highlighted how kids from different schools had come together to play. (The story wasn't bashing them, it was just pointing out the camaraderie or whatever) I was thinking there were 3 starters, but it might have meant Mims from one school, Techau from a second school and then Xavier being the third school. I just remember that players from three different schools were combining.

Did both Mims and Techau transfer in? If so, those are the two stars of the team (along with Burger the year before last). I know someone posted a story on here from the school's newspaper a couple years back that highlighted how kids from different schools had come together to play. (The story wasn't bashing them, it was just pointing out the camaraderie or whatever) I was thinking there were 3 starters, but it might have meant Mims from one school, Techau from a second school and then Xavier being the third school. I just remember that players from three different schools were combining.
Easy to be confused with all the rumors and false info out there. The older Mims, Michael, transferred to Xavier his senior year. Techau transferred for his junior and senior years. But they actually never played together. Younger Mims, Matt, enrolled as a freshman at Xavier so he is not a transfer because he never attended Prairie High School. Burger came up through the Catholic school system, not a transfer. So the only two transfers that contributed are the older Mims and Techau. That story you refer to also talked about a kid from CPU (I think it was CPU, but could be wrong) who transferred but rarely saw the floor and didn't contribute much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT