ADVERTISEMENT

2014/2015 2a

Yes - Class 2A is going to be loaded with some very good teams next year in Girls Basketball. Possibly stronger than 3A?

No clue - that is going to be next to impossible next season with all the great teams up there.

Originally posted by Husker Dogg:
How would they even start to try to split up Northwest Iowa? It was difficult before this.
What have I been saying? NW Iowa fans don't have the answers either. Believe me, I've asked.

A stab at the top 10 now that beds are released:

1 - Western Christian
2 - Unity
3 - North Linn
4 - Pocahontas
5 - South Central Calhoun
6 - DM Christian
7 - IKM Manning
8 - Dike-NH
9 - Fort Dodge St Ed's
10 - Cascade

Don't Forget about MNW & L-B. MNW went to state without Herzberg And rumors have it if L-B's Binder would have played they would have had the best chance to make it to the tournament out of their region. L-B only had 1 senior and the rest were sophomores. Wubbs can concur.

I agree. I think L-B has a chance to make a move next year with what they return. I had them 12th because of what other teams return, but we'll see what the addition of Binder will do for the Eagles next season.

MNW is an interesting case. They always have good underclassmen ready to step in and they return many of their core group from last year, but it's gonna be a tough task in that TLC next year. Pocahontas and South Central Calhoun are probably the favorites. I'm also not sure what East Sac (3A) returns but they were a tough out last year as well. I know Newell-Fonda has an exceptional program, but with Larsen and Maneman gone, it'll be interesting to see if they reload or rebuild next year.

I don't doubt that Mr. Wubben and Coach Larson will have their girls ready to play as always, but there's gonna be a lot of good teams in that area (and on the schedule) next year.

And then you add in a Unity Christian team that was runner-up in 3A, and now you have a 2Aclass that will be extremely hard to stay ranked. What unbelievable teams that return a ton of players for next year. WOW!

I absolutely concur on LB....they will be a force next year assuming they are healthy.

I have never been shy when it comes to bragging about the TLC or MNW basketball.....and we have had some great years in that league....but next year might be the best ever. Poky is a top 5 team no matter how you slice it. SSC beat them twice this year and so you have to put them up there given all they return. Here at MNW....we have a chance to be very good. We split with SSC and lost twice to Poky although both were really good games- and all of those without Herzberg.
What is probably going to hurt our league next year is that you know they will separate Poky from HWC and Unity. And Unity will not have to play HWC....so where do teams go? I thought it was kind of the state to separate us all this year- can that happen two years in a row? Then you have St. Edmond in there- they will be very good again also. East Sac
was mentioned- always a very good team....remember- they beat SSC late in the season- but had a horrible draw in the tourney.
Another thing I have always bragged about is girls basketball west of I-35 and it is going to be great again.
So....will be interesting to see what the summer brings....I know our girls will put the time in. I like the team we bring back...as do a lot of coaches. Should be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT