Jacob Canright Davenport Central
Noel Medina - Urbandale
Nick Mimms Davenport Central
Tanner Schilling IC West
Scott Schleber CR Prairie
Isaac Sheffield IC West
Goalkeeper: Alex Clopton Cedar Falls
This post was edited on 7/21 7:56 AM by nhssoccer

That's all well and good, however Tanner Schlling of IC West, who scored twice in the State Championship game, is as good as ANY player on the first team there.

Originally posted by Rockeyes:
That's all well and good, however Tanner Schlling of IC West, who scored twice in the State Championship game, is as good as ANY player on the first team there.
Well at least it was a true All-State team in that each team had only 11 players. Nothing like an All-State First Team that features 20 players like some other All-State teams.
grin.gif

I completely agree regarding Tanner Schilling. If the all-state team truly consisted of the 11 best players, he'd have to be on the list.

I'm guessing he didn't get the recognition because he was only a sophomore. Bogus excuse but how else do you justify leaving him off? In my opinion, he is more deserving than two of his IC West teammates (Bedell & Sheffield) and they both garnered recognition.

A couple of other notable ommissions that are undoubtedly in the top 22 players would include:

Jackson Teeling - Dowling
Tim Van Der Bergh - Valley
Luke Aronow - Ankeny

The top 5 forwards that I saw play this past year were Autin Otto (IC West), Tanner Schilling (IC West), Noel Medina (Urbandale), Jackson Teeling (Dowling), and Tim Van Der Bergh (Valley). These were the most dangerous attacking players in the state last year. Of this group only 2 were named all-state. That is an injustice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT