ADVERTISEMENT

1A Playoff Pick ‘Em

i under-estimated van meter......they are very good......also impressed with the way west sioux manhanded underwood......the van meter and west sioux game should be a good one...

computer says-----
west sioux 31
van meter 28

Van Meter wins handily.

The combination of speed, power, and football acumen is something West Sioux cannot match. You could see it in the semifinal games. VM is a team that's on a different level from all 1A teams. They're a 2A/3A playing at 1A.

Reactions: GitRDone_51
Van Meter wins handily.

The combination of speed, power, and football acumen is something West Sioux cannot match. You could see it in the semifinal games. VM is a team that's on a different level from all 1A teams. They're a 2A/3A playing at 1A.
I thought the same thing last year and West Sioux gave them a heck of a game.

I thought the same thing last year and West Sioux gave them a heck of a game.
The funny thing is West Sioux has basically the same team. Van Meter has a nearly new cast of characters. THAT'S what isn't fair to other Class 1A programs.

What's not fair now? That Van Meter has a 'nearly new cast of characters'?
The irony is so thick you can almost taste it...

What's not fair now? That Van Meter has a 'nearly new cast of characters'?
The irony is so thick you can almost taste it...
By all means explain irony to me. Van Meter is just THAT good. It's not a fair fight. But by all means explain the definition of irony to me

Van Meter is that good. Was surprised to see 179 OE there with OE being closed. Will be interesting to see how they do when those, I am guessing legacies get through the system. Or if they will find a way to skirt the issue. Kids living with ‘Uncles’ in the district or other ways to establish residency.

By all means explain irony to me. Van Meter is just THAT good. It's not a fair fight. But by all means explain the definition of irony to me
First explain what you’re saying here:

”Van Meter has a nearly new cast of characters. THAT'S what isn't fair to other Class 1A programs.”

Van Meter is that good. Was surprised to see 179 OE there with OE being closed. Will be interesting to see how they do when those, I am guessing legacies get through the system. Or if they will find a way to skirt the issue. Kids living with ‘Uncles’ in the district or other ways to establish residency.
Is OE closed or capped?

First explain what you’re saying here:

”Van Meter has a nearly new cast of characters. THAT'S what isn't fair to other Class 1A programs.”
He means they just keep developing homegrown talent better than anyone else. With the numbers they have its a different playing field at 1A. Success will do that for ya.

Van Meter will be in 2A next time around. I'd bet on it.

West Sioux’s only loss was to Central Lyon. Van Meters only loss was to Williamsburg.
Central Lyon plays Williamsburg for the 2A championship this morning.

He means they just keep developing homegrown talent better than anyone else. With the numbers they have its a different playing field at 1A. Success will do that for ya.

Couldn't let him answer for himself?

If their buildings are full and OE is closed I don’t know how they can unless a building appears. If it was some other schools the ‘limiting their enrollment to stay in a class they dominate”

It sounds silly but it has been bandied about on this board before.

If their buildings are full and OE is closed I don’t know how they can unless a building appears. If it was some other schools the ‘limiting their enrollment to stay in a class they dominate”

It sounds silly but it has been bandied about on this board before.
Buildings fill up quickly. Mepo Admin announced this week we’re full and capping it. Although, I’ve been told we’ll be most likely moving up to 2A and staying for the foreseeable future.

@MsideChief wins. Congrats.

But let’s see who can pick the outright winner, vs the spread (roughly BC Moore) and O/U (my choice).

West Sioux (-3)
O/U: 45
Thanks MepoDawgs# for running the 1A pick ‘em.
Congrats to Van Meter!
Thank you to all the passionate High School Football fans that post here. Special thanks to 1A posters for the always entertaining threads/posts!
Until next season.
Winter is coming.

i should had known better to pick against van meter, my goof...van meter was very good this year, probably could have done very well in 3a this year....i watched some of the game, watched all the finals, segments of some, entire of others

underwood returns the majority of the defense, and skilled offense, though they lose qb ravlin.....they have a freshman qb that looks promising....passed 33 times in 2022, 200 yrs....53% and 2 td.....they have to get a lot better to compete with the top dogs in this class...

Van Meter to 2A, West Sioux graduates a ton, losing Wiggins, Bultman, and Lynott is a lot. I'm sure they'll figure it out and be right back up there. Those two programs were above and beyond the top dogs of the class.
agree......they were awfully good, a very powerful and dominate team in 1a...i was shocked west sioux could not do much , they were really good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT