ADVERTISEMENT

1A Long Jump

Yeah he got second last year I believe. He will have some strong competition coming back as well. Nick Efkamp from Madrid and Brian Green.

Green from So. Cal had the best season but a bad state meet. I would pick him as the fav.
Mechaelsen NE Ham
Klein Sig
Kerscher CC
All had a good season with Klein having a great state meet.
Efkamp is the best track athlete in 1a and maybe the state this year so never count him out.

So far, Logan Klein from Sigourney and Nick Efkamp of Madrid are the top jumpers in 1A. Who would win if it came down to their final jumps at the state meet? Any ideas?

Let me be the first to tell you, don't look too deeply into what kids are leading coming into the state, because jumping at Drake is WAY different that jumping at a high school rubber track.

But, as i say that i will also say the guys who do come in with the best jumps SHOULD be considered favorites, i know i crossed myself a little there, but its true.

I would definitely have to agree with hsmanhunt15; when it comes down to the state meet, or like now Drake Relays, yeah the kids with the best jumps are looked as the favorite, but when it's game time, the past doesn't matter. It's about showing you got it and deserve where you are then and there. Like for instance, Nick Efkamp from Madrid and Brian Green from So. Cal. were looked at as the favorite but neither made it into the finals for long jump. I think it just comes right down to who wants it more and has the most determination. It should be a great battle for the #1 spot in 1A this year. Can't wait.

Originally posted by Clone2011:
I would definitely have to agree with hsmanhunt15; when it comes down to the state meet, or like now Drake Relays, yeah the kids with the best jumps are looked as the favorite, but when it's game time, the past doesn't matter. It's about showing you got it and deserve where you are then and there. Like for instance, Nick Efkamp from Madrid and Brian Green from So. Cal. were looked at as the favorite but neither made it into the finals for long jump. I think it just comes right down to who wants it more and has the most determination. It should be a great battle for the #1 spot in 1A this year. Can't wait.

You cannot NOT consider the number of events that some participants have to compete in in addition to an event -- in this case long jump. It is a different situation when you are talking about competing in just the long jump or having to compete in 3 to 4 events in a weekend. It is not fair to label someone as a gamer and someone as a non-gamer when the so-called gamer is in one event and the non-gamer has the mental and phsysical challenges of competing in 4 events.

my pick is:
Green and Klein fighting it out.
Efkamp does not seem to perform well long jumping at Drake. He is the best track athlete in the state all classes,better than Dunn. Maybe this event is not high on his list.

Originally posted by dowjones1:
my pick is:
Efkamp does not seem to perform well long jumping at Drake. He is the best track athlete in the state all classes,better than Dunn. Maybe this event is not high on his list.

Well, I wonder if breaking the state meet record would qualify as "performing well at Drake"...
wink.gif

Originally posted by carbear54:
my pick is:

Well, I wonder if breaking the state meet record would qualify as "performing well at Drake"...
wink.gif
Originally posted by carbear54:
my pick is:

wink.gif

I believe that silences all the critics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT