9. Montezuma
10. Nodaway Valley
11. West Fork
12. Ankeny Christian
13. Mount Ayr
14. Martensdale
15. St. Albert
16. Remsen
I notice you have no upsets picked. Don’t know why but I have a gut feeling there will be a lot this year... hopefully it’s not us!;)

I have Ankeny Christian beating Madrid, Alburnett bearing Gladbrook, obviously it’s extremely hard to pick upsets especially this early because nobody anticipates them. I’m pretty confident that the actual district winners will look a little different than this but it’s fun to make predictions.

I have Ankeny Christian beating Madrid, Alburnett bearing Gladbrook, obviously it’s extremely hard to pick upsets especially this early because nobody anticipates them. I’m pretty confident that the actual district winners will look a little different than this but it’s fun to make predictions.
True my bad didn’t know that Gladbrook was in that district. I actually find all the district this year balanced besides 1 or two. However the substates aren’t. But geographically that’s just how it is this year

I was browsing through BcMoore, and was impressed with some of the teams that Newell-Fonda had beaten, includ Western Christian. I’m not from that area but I didn’t know if you guys had any thoughts on them. They could definitely give Garrigan a run for their money in a potential district final.

They are a nice squad, got Western very early in the year and I don't think they'd come close today. They will give them a tough time and if are shooting well could upset but Garrigan has a nice size advantage.

District 7 is a tough one.
Cal-Wheat 7-7
Highland 13-2
Hillcrest Academy 6-6
Lisbon 7-7
Lone Tree 10-4
Midland 3-11
Morningstar 8-1
North Cedar 8-5
Springville 12-3

Only one team below .500

Seeding will be interesting. The rankings have been a little slower this year updating. Some districts the Wins and Loses by teams make it hard to seed based off who they beat and lost to. How can this be corrected? Would it be easier if they made districts like football?

Substate 1 has 4 of the top 15 teams on BCMoore that is by far going to be the toughest substate in 1A

St Albert's will win that game...bad draw for Remsen. Score will be like 38-32.
Hardly call it a bad draw. Playing one good team to get to state is the best you can really ask for. And Remsen is damn good this year. I know St Alberts has been beating up on southwest iowa the past decade, but they will have there hands full. Wouldn’t be surprised if St Mary’s won by double digits

Hardly call it a bad draw. Playing one good team to get to state is the best you can really ask for. And Remsen is damn good this year. I know St Alberts has been beating up on southwest iowa the past decade, but they will have there hands full. Wouldn’t be surprised if St Mary’s won by double digits
I would say that both are very good teams and probably both Top 5 in 1A IMO. Should be a very good game, barring any upsets.

Lake mills will not have a game within 20 points all the way to state. They do not have to play a good team

On paper, maybe. This is why the games are played. Remember, we are talking about 15-18 year old kids here. There is nothing predictable in that scenario!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT