ADVERTISEMENT

Moby is in the hospital.

Tell him fight death off one more time, damnit! He needs to enjoy the destruction of the Death Star. Saban leaving is the tip of the iceberg!

Reactions: dhetiger
Blood work shows he has cancer. Doctors think it's in his spine. They don't know how far along it is.
Sounds like what my dad went through.. he fought it off for 5 yrs with a cardiac efficiency of about 25% . Dialysis can extend that a good bit.. but the cancer prognosis worries me . Dad was a tough old coot like Moby. Hopefully he’ll pull through once again… tell him don’t make me come down there!

Hate to hear this. Prayers sent. When you have multi organ failure on top of a new cancer diagnosis it is a lot to deal with. Is he in the ICU and have they mentioned dialysis or CRRT?
45 year old buddy of mine went into UAB two weeks ago with advanced CHF and stage 4 renal failure. Left with a new heart.

It never ceases to amaze me how great the treatment and care is at UAB. @dhetiger not sure what moby’s plan is, nor do I think with his age that he’ll want treatment at UAB (if he even wants it at all), but if you need anything please let me help.

How is he doing?
He's still in the hospital. His son-in-law told me yesterday that they don't have the biopsy results back yet. The expectation is tomorrow. He's apparently barking orders to his daughters, so his mental faculties are there. Based on history, I'm assuming that he's treating the hospital staff like he does Gator.

He's still in the hospital. His son-in-law told me yesterday that they don't have the biopsy results back yet. The expectation is tomorrow. He's apparently barking orders to his daughters, so his mental faculties are there. Based on history, I'm assuming that he's treating the hospital staff like he does Gator.
I can hear it now.

Doc are you a bammer?

Yes.

Shit!

He's in acute kidney failure on top of already dealing with congestive heart failure. They are also testing him for some other stuff. Keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
God bless him. Will give prayers for him. . I am familiar with that, It is what finally got my Father. The medicine they used to treat one and get it right provoked the other.

I am kind of dumb about some things. What exactly is congestive heart failure? The word “congestive“ confused me.
It's when your heart has been damaged and enlarges. Makes it difficult to pump properly. Most people who get it die within 7 years of diagnosis. They usually die of pneumonia.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
It's when your heart has been damaged and enlarges. Makes it difficult to pump properly. Most people who get it die within 7 years of diagnosis. They usually die of pneumonia.
Fluid buildup in the lungs is the culprit from CHD. Heart can't push the blood fast enough to get filtered out by the kidneys... top it off with some kidney disease prevents them from removing water waste from the body even more. Double whammy. Praying for Ralph, David! 🙏

I am so sad to hear this . I just went through radical prostatectomy Oct. 3rd. it's hell. Friend went through some kind of freezing of prostate, he is 81 and doing well. I was just thinking why couldn't he have radiation ? My brother did the radiation with his prostate cancer and is doing well. he was late 70's at the time. I think he said he has 31 treatments and his PSA now is .01. Has it spread to any major organs ? Just throwing ideas out that might keep the old codger around a little longer. Hope they are keeping him comfortabe . I sure miss his wit when he is not around for a while. Will continue to send prayers up for him. Thanks for the update dhetiger.

Last edited:
For anyone who might be interested, I got Moby's oldest daughter's Venmo account information. Some people on an AU board were interested in helping with food and stuff, so I got his daughter's account info. Certainly no pressure. I'm not posting it here. Most of you have my email address if you're interested.

For anyone who might be interested, I got Moby's oldest daughter's Venmo account information. Some people on an AU board were interested in helping with food and stuff, so I got his daughter's account info. Certainly no pressure. I'm not posting it here. Most of you have my email address if you're interested.
I’ll be in Perdido 3/21 for several days. I’d love to get by there if he’d see me. I’ll take him a pic of my dad and the bahr.

Fluid buildup in the lungs is the culprit from CHD. Heart can't push the blood fast enough to get filtered out by the kidneys... top it off with some kidney disease prevents them from removing water waste from the body even more. Double whammy. Praying for Ralph, David! 🙏
I really have been lucky to get this old. I have health problems with HBP, Diabetes and kidney, but not heart to date. The last time I saw my cardiologist in December she told me I had a very strong heart, stronger than any other 92 year old guy she had as a patient. I just thank God for it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT