ADVERTISEMENT

1A Boys

ValleyHawk22

Freshman
Nov 7, 2004
Very impressive run from Nodaway Valley at the Ballard meet. 5th guy ran 18:03, top 5 averaged 17:54. They're looking like a top five team. Not a single senior, either.

St. Ed's is running really well too. They beat Alta-Aurelia, Emmetsburg, Bishop Garrigan, Boyer Valley and Riverside (Oakland) at the Tim Thomas meet over the weekend without their top runner.

Un-ranked teams to watch...Alta-Aurelia finished 2nd at Tim Thomas ahead of four ranked teams. Ogden finished 2nd in both their meets (Greene County, Ballard). Wapello edged out Highland (Riverside) for 2nd at Fairfield last week.

What's happening in your area? Any teams performing significantly above or below their ranking?

This post was edited on 9/16 7:26 AM by ValleyHawk22

There not 1A school (I know the thread is 1A, but don't feel like starting a new thread for 2A), but Garner Hayfield Ventura was very impressive at Ballard beating Eagle Grove and North Polk, both ranked in 2A. Southeast Valley was the team that beat Ogden at Jefferson and was the 4th place team at Huxley behind GHV, EG and NPolk.

I saw a lot of impressive things at Ballard yesterday - Thomas Pollard, Abby Kohut-Jackson vs. Grace Gibbons, the Gilbert boys and girls teams in general. But Nodaway Valley boys might have been the most impressive thing I saw yesterday. Man did they look good.

In their first meet, they posted the best 1-5 average in Class 1A this season and only got ranked 11th. I'd hope after their performance at Ballard, they'll get the recognition they deserve and get ranked a little bit higher.

Good run from Garner-Hayfield tonight at Humboldt, taking 2nd out of 20 in a pretty strong field. Avg times from ranked 1A teams at the same race-

18:54 - St. Edmond (5th place)
19:11 - Ogden (7th)
20:25 - Bishop Garrigan (12th)
20:13 - Emmetsburg (14th, but missing #2 runner)

Several ranked 1A teams were in the field at Panorama last week. Avg times again -

18:36 - Nodaway Valley
19:21 - Ogden
19:57 - Tri-Center
19:58 - Boyer Valley
20:02 - Panorama

Looked like St. Albert finished well ahead of Riverside to win at AHST.

Alta-Aurelia won at Sioux Central.

West Fork, Denver, and Bellevue continue to impress.

Any good 1A showdowns coming up this week or next?

This post was edited on 9/23 12:23 AM by ValleyHawk22

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT