ADVERTISEMENT

1-A Scores

FANattic06

Freshman
Jan 23, 2005
Iowa City Regina 1, Fort Madison Holy Trinity 0

Nevada 2, Western Christian 0

Council Bluff St. Albert 3, Bondurant-Farrar 2 (The last 20 minutes were crazy. B-F was down 2-0, came back and tied it at 2. CBSA scored the game winner with 5 seconds left on the clock off a free kick rebound)

Gladbrook-Reinbeck 2, Center Point 1

FANattic can you give more detail about the CBSA vs Bondurant Farrer game. How did the late goal take place? Who controlled the game? Which players stood out for each team(if you don't know names then numbers) Thanks

First half was dominated by CBSA. I believe the total number of shots after 40 minutes was 16 to 1 in favor of the Falcons. Their first goal came late on a bit of a scramble play with Bondurant unable to get the ball cleared, their goalie getting a bit out of position, and CBSA were able to get a good foot on it and buried it. 2nd half B-F showed a bit more urgency and weren't back on their heels the entire time. The goal that put CBSA up 2-0 came on a good counter attack as B-F was pushing some guys forward..

Bondurant's first goal, which came with about 10 minutes to go in the game. Was off a bit of a boot ball from around half field, maybe a little bit in front. The ball took a bounce, CBSA's keeper didn't make it in time, and Ryley Pruismann from B-F, who has some good height, got his head on the ball from about the 18 yard marker and the ball once bounced into the goal. The second goal for B-F came with just over 3 minutes to go in regulation. The foul was a little suspect, didn't look like a whole lot. But B-F's Dalton Dolash took a brilliant free kick from 35 yards out and just dropped into the net.

It might be safe to say that the keeper for CBSA potentially has some trouble with balls in the air? From where the free kick came from the sun wouldn't have been in his eyes.

Finally, with under a minute, the ref calls another questionable call, only this time on B-F. Blake Fostvedt for CBSA took a line drive free kick from about 40 yards out. He had just enough power on the shot that B-F's keeper couldn't keep it in his hands, and the ball fell directly into the foot of CBSA's Matt Waters who got his 2nd goal of the game with literally 5 seconds left on the clock.

Obviously, very heartbreaking way for it to end for the Bluejays. Who fought back to tie it at 2 within the final 10 minutes of the game. I do feel as though the better team won. According to my program, Bondurant-Farrar has only 2 seniors on the team, and will be returning 9 starters for next year.

Second half shot total was 9-7 in favor of CBSA. It was a fun second half to watch. Especially that final 15 minutes.

I'm looking forward to watching the semi-final games later this afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT