ADVERTISEMENT

Your four teams that could win a title

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
I'm asking this to every board, in 1A mine in order are (and choosing just four is hard)

1. Regina
2. Pella Christian
3. Van Meter
4. Denver

Regina (SE)
Denver (NE)
Pella Christian (SW)
Western Christian (NW)

I see Pella Christian as your state champ in 2016. They were the best team WB faced in 2015 and return pretty much the whole squad. They will be extremely difficult to slow down on offense.

Reactions: cyard31
Regina (SE)
Denver (NE)
Pella Christian (SW)
Western Christian (NW)

I see Pella Christian as your state champ in 2016. They were the best team WB faced in 2015 and return pretty much the whole squad. They will be extremely difficult to slow down on offense.

I would ask to make a bet on that but it seems difficult to get paid when things are settled :D

Reactions: Pinehawk
USF- It sounds like West Lyon is healthy again? We were fortunate tonight that Van Wye didn't play. CLGLR has improved a ton since game 1. Good luck to the Wildcats. It would have been a shame if they didn't get in.

Regina (SE)
Denver (NE)
Pella Christian (SW)
Western Christian (NW)

How is this so? West Branch beats Pella Christian by 15 and a week later loses to Regina? Regina beats Pella Christian in a district game by 17. And Pella Christian is the better team than Regina? I understand matchups change things but this doesn't make sense.

Regina
Pella Christian
Western Christian
Van Meter

Those are my top 4. However, with the pairings now released, this will not occur. I would now have to replace Pella Christian with Denver.

I believe Pella Christian will match up very favorably with Regina, should that come to pass. I would put a couple sheckles on that game

I believe Pella Christian will match up very favorably with Regina, should that come to pass. I would put a couple sheckles on that game
Someone on the board mentioned this under the "First Round Upsets" post, everything for PC will go through the QB. Jungling dangerous and it looks like they will try to get him some touches running the ball but I think he is getting like 8 touches a game. Unless Jungling breaks some big ones, it will be tough to beat Regina. I believe the key for Regina is to make Kacmarinski uncomfortable and not allow him to effectively run the ball.

Issue for PC against Regina will be pass protection. Regina's strength is up front and I seriously doubt PC has seen a front 4 like Regina will bring to the table. I think that will help make up for Jungling in the secondary. Kac won't have time to sit in the pocket or let Jungling get open.
I think if PC wins that game, it is going to be because they were able to shut Regina down defensively, and I just don't see that happening. I think Regina still moves the ball with their RPO and committee of backs, and controls the flow of the game. PC gets some big ones, but I don't know if it's enough to win. Regina by a TD.

Also, heard a rumor this morning at #15 (moore) for SK didn't practice all week and is questionable to go tonight... so if that is the case, I see it as highly unlikely that SK pulls the upset...

Issue for PC against Regina will be pass protection. Regina's strength is up front and I seriously doubt PC has seen a front 4 like Regina will bring to the table. I think that will help make up for Jungling in the secondary. Kac won't have time to sit in the pocket or let Jungling get open.
I think if PC wins that game, it is going to be because they were able to shut Regina down defensively, and I just don't see that happening. I think Regina still moves the ball with their RPO and committee of backs, and controls the flow of the game. PC gets some big ones, but I don't know if it's enough to win. Regina by a TD.

Also, heard a rumor this morning at #15 (moore) for SK didn't practice all week and is questionable to go tonight... so if that is the case, I see it as highly unlikely that SK pulls the upset...
No Avery Moore would be a dagger for SK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT