ADVERTISEMENT

Your four teams that could win a title

The private killer (Pella) wins another title.

Xavier? Not if they have to play the Dutch.

Do you recall when Regina beat SOlon a few years back? Solon and Regina went on to win titles in their respective classes. Losses have 2 outcomes, you reel and fall back or you regroup and get better.
Vroom, I can see an offense making serious improvements over the course of the year, but I tend to think that defense is what it is. D will make some improvements, better calls, some get better at making reads and pass coverage, but I don't think overall you see the large steps fwd as you see in O, O is just so much more timing/execution that it takes a good part of the season to find the rhythm. Just my opinion, which is why Solon still is an enigma, to supposedly have a great defense, but gave up 34 to Regina, whom I still don't consider one of their better teams. I could be flat out wrong, just an analysis.

I was not stating that they were bad either. Im saying IMO I don't believe they are as good as last year and that is all it is. MY OPINION

Norwalk/PELLA district was actually pretty weak, for the most part. Norwalk has a nice team but not close to 2015. Are these the two best teams again in 3A? Time will tell!

Vroom, I can see an offense making serious improvements over the course of the year, but I tend to think that defense is what it is. D will make some improvements, better calls, some get better at making reads and pass coverage, but I don't think overall you see the large steps fwd as you see in O, O is just so much more timing/execution that it takes a good part of the season to find the rhythm. Just my opinion, which is why Solon still is an enigma, to supposedly have a great defense, but gave up 34 to Regina, whom I still don't consider one of their better teams. I could be flat out wrong, just an analysis.
Marv even stated that this was probably one of the best lines he has had.

Well then, Pella Christian probably will be your second favorite team in 4A, because they dethrone Regina this year. Regina is down, and Xavier's district way down, so not sure you have a good baseline.

Xavier's district is down? Yep, I can buy that argument. But I don't think you can bash Xavier's weak district and at the same time prop Pella up as their district was just as bad minus Norwalk. Using your argument I'd say Pella doesn't have a great "baseline" either.

Not bashing Pella, they have a great shot again and could take Xavier down. I'm just picking Xavier, that's all. Either way I think the 3 best teams are on the same side of the bracket (Xavier, Pella, W. Del....heck Assumption might be #4)

Xavier's district is down? Yep, I can buy that argument. But I don't think you can bash Xavier's weak district and at the same time prop Pella up as their district was just as bad minus Norwalk. Using your argument I'd say Pella doesn't have a great "baseline" either.

Not bashing Pella, they have a great shot again and could take Xavier down. I'm just picking Xavier, that's all. Either way I think the 3 best teams are on the same side of the bracket (Xavier, Pella, W. Del....heck Assumption might be #4)

OK, wasn't trying to elevate Pella over Xavier, although I would give them the edge, just trying to close the mythical "gap" that some view Xavier has talent-wise over the rest. That's the baseline. Although I do think that a 38-0 win over an "all season top 10 team" does give a little better baseline than Xavier's narro victory over Regina.

I am surprised at the significant separation of many districts where the District Champs have man-handled their way through. Are the competititve districts (like WD, or Webster City) all playing at Xavier/Pella level, or will the separation still exist. Should be an interesting Playoffs.

Would like to hear what happened in the Norwalk game. Did Brandsfield play? It would have been a big emotional swing if he did not, or had to come out of the game. Wasn't sure if the backup was cleared to play either. I didn't think WC would have won by that margin.

Webster City runs the football 60+ times per game and Norwalk wants to spread you out and throw. Lopsided scores are common if the spread team can't stop the run when playing defense. Looks like Brandsfield did play, but was injured again. Not sure.

Brandsfield played the first half, Garner (tailback) did not. Norwalk was up 14-13 after WCs first possession of the 2nd half. Brady's ankle was reinjured during Norwalk's first possession of the 2nd half. It was still 14-13 at the start of the 4th quarter. 3 interceptions later and it was a blow out late.
Webster City earned it, but if Norwalk was healthy .......

Reactions: El_Doce
Brandsfield played the first half, Garner (tailback) did not. Norwalk was up 14-13 after WCs first possession of the 2nd half. Brady's ankle was reinjured during Norwalk's first possession of the 2nd half. It was still 14-13 at the start of the 4th quarter. 3 interceptions later and it was a blow out late.
Webster City earned it, but if Norwalk was healthy .......
Tough way to go out, unfortunately its quite often how this game goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT