ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best player in this class that no one is talking about?

Homer pick, but Louis Kriegel (HLV) is a monster and another strong showing defensively against a solid Don Bosco team.

Agree, that kid was all over the field tonight. HLV has a great team, and will be formidable come playoff time.

A week ago, I might have said Clayton Kiefer, but the whole "no one's talking about him" angle went out the window with his performance on Monday. Kriegel is definitely a good pick; that guy has been a stud for going on three years now. Strudthoff might be the guy I'd go with, especially after the way he played tonight.

Just got word that Kriegel had 12 solos and 11 assists last night to go along with the safety he had in the second quarter. Not sure on Strudthoff's stat line at this moment.

How bout Derek Erdman running back for MMC. He is averaging 100 yards a game while splitting carries in the MMC offense with Conner Holmes. Both are quality backs and bring a lot to the MMC team on both sides of the ball. Erdmlans numbers may not completely stand out but he has MMC sitting at 5-1 in a tough district 2.

Erick Rodriguez of Sidney is an underrated player i believe. Through 6 games he has 579 yards rushing 10 TD, 208 yards receiving 4 TD, 36.5 tackles, 10 total FFL, but arguably his best stat that nobody talks about is his 12 of 13 PAT, 1 of 2 FG, and he has 37 touchbacks out of 40 kicks, and averaged 34 yards per punt. Sidney rarely loses a field position battle because of him. I don't know if he is in the conversation for best player in the state, but certainly is for one nobody talks about.

I would say Kodi Ferguson for GTRA. There is really no stat for him, but when I went to watch him he blew holes open that semis could drive threw. He definitely leaves it all on the field and lead his team to a 5-1 start.

Let's try this.. Terrell Grant from Meskwaki. Leads district 5 in total offense with 2541 yards (1410 rushing and 1131 passing, 34 tds) and tackles with 103.5(91 solo, 12.5 assists). He is 9th in the state of ALL classes with total yards, and 10th in the state in tackles. Not too much is ever said about him, but he also does come from a small school, but he puts up the numbers and lead his team to another playoff spot. He also has the respect of many coaches within the district.

I would definitely put Grant in the discussion. He's a very nice player who's done a lot of good things despite being Meskwaki's only real offensive weapon.

Originally posted by Ron Burkley:
what about some of the players on the Don Bosco Defense??
To be fair it said best player nobody is talking about. Everybody is talking about Don Bosco right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT