ADVERTISEMENT

What A Joke

I would replace #3 with those wondering if NFV could become the first state championship team to go the entire season without a touchdown pass. How many other teams haven't thrown one...and what are their records? Quick stats is down, so can't look it up. Amazing. Not only a win last week but kept their consecutive games without a TD pass intact...yawn.

I would replace #3 with those wondering if NFV could become the first state championship team to go the entire season without a touchdown pass. How many other teams haven't thrown one...and what are their records? Quick stats is down, so can't look it up. Amazing. Not only a win last week but kept their consecutive games without a TD pass intact...yawn.

I'm confused.... why would you replace #3 rather than just adding yours to the list?

It would be pretty remarkable to go an entire season without a single TD pass. Is that true?

My kids go to a good school, non turf school, old school building, where funding is an ongoing challenge. Schools nearby have all of the things you talk about. Poor kids have gone 70-4 with 5 championships. Guess there are different ways to be a 'winner'
Comparing apples to oranges with this argument being made. But do carry on.

Comparing apples to oranges with this argument being made. But do carry on.

I'd love to carry on with this argument.... here we go.

APPLES VS. ORANGES
GROWN ON FRUIT TREE Yes , Yes
COLOR OF FRUIT Depends on variety Orange
FRUIT SKIN TEXTURE smooth, knobby
VISIBLE SEEDS IN FRUIT Yes , Depends on variety
MEAN CIRCUMFERENCE OF FRUIT (cm) 25.6, 24.4
MEAN DIAMETER OF FRUIT (cm) 7.9, 7.6
MEAN WEIGHT OF FRUIT (g) 340 , 357
CAN BE EATEN Yes, Yes
SWEETNESS 2+ , 2+
FIBER IN A LARGE FRUIT (g) 4.5, 2.4
CAN BE JUICED Yes, Yes
CALORIES (per 8 oz. serving juice) 117, 112
POTASSIUM (mg, per 8 oz. serving juice) 295, 496
VITAMIN C (mg, per 8 oz. serving juice) 103, 124
FOLATE (mcg, per 8 oz. serving juice) 0, 74

As we can see from this list, it is quite easy to compare apples and oranges. And they are remarkably similar in many ways. Although they may look and feel very different, the two fruits have a similar size and weight, and their juices have a similar caloric content and levels of vitamin C.

There is no "I" in team, and it would appear you would be living through your kid, not with them. This mentality will set little Johnny up to rely on dad to fix everything for when things are not going his way. Big problem with America these days and ends with 30 year olds living at home demanding meatloaf.
I love meatloaf...dude can sing

Kids move to communities for all kinds of reasons however I am against them being recruited or parents given jobs in order to accommodate them. There were rumors of this going on at a private school near us. College football has rules to try and keep the competition equal as it makes for a better product. The largest schools in each class district already has some advantages and it shows up in the W column. 1 good player can make a huge difference on a team, especially at the lower class levels. I don't think it a major problem around the state but we don't want HS football to become what college is and having recruiting going on all over. It would be a very unhealthy thing for High School sports.
You need to look at California, Texas, Florida. It's a way of life...period

The job-school analogy is absurd. And Jeffy should maybe look past the "facilities" and look for, I know this is crazy, but a school that has the best academics and get his son "there". Maybe his grammar and use of the word "there" or "their" would sharpen up. Need a name and number for the kid playing Thursday... or totally not buying the story.
Great education in Iowa? In high school? Hmm, colleges taking the best of the best from high schools? Not quite sure about this but I would bet that kids in the Ivy league are not there because their high school provided a good education

JUST TRIED TO GO TO QUIKSTATS AND HERE IS WHAT I FOUND:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_10_at_11_15_00_PM.png

Nobody really believes that? "Multiple hard drives have failed"? Riiiiight, that's what they always say. So.... What REALLY happened to Quikstats? Glad you asked.

Here is a "Top Eight" list of what happened to Quikstats. Drumroll please.....

8. The real "job" that was created for the Spirit Lake transfer parents was... 'internet hacker'. It turns out that code name 'Mom' blew up Quikstats to get rid of any evidence that these transfers ever existed.

7. Al Gore is claiming that, even though he invented the internet, global warming is responsible for melting the Quikstats servers.

6. IC Regina decided to start all the talk about Spirit Lake. Then asked for divine intervention to crash the Quikstats servers. This will surely divert attention away from the annual "king of the transfers' talk after they win another title.

5. Former President Bush knew of the impending attack on the Quikstats servers and allowed it to happen. I mean... C'mon man! Everyone knows that jet fuel can't melt servers. Duh....

4. There was a second server on the grassy knoll, but the IAHSAA will not admit it.

3. The flood of tears from the Waukon players, fans, and cheerleaders crying foul after their loss Friday night shorted out the servers.

2. Little known fact: Barack Obama's REAL birth certificate was stored on the same server as Quikstats.. so... ahem.... it had to go.

1. Two. Words. JUAN HARRIS. (Don't worry though... he may change his mind and bring Quikstats back.)

(Sorry, I can't pay my writers enough for a top ten list, all I could afford was eight.)
Holy crap man, you 2A guys are hilarious. I am staying here from now on

Holy Jesus h Christ. I just got this. Are you saying kids are transferring to 2a programs for the potential? Potential what? I wasnt aware colleges were looking for those elite 2a players. Holy crap those 3 kids must be flooded with recruiting trips.

Holy Jesus h Christ. I just got this. Are you saying kids are transferring to 2a programs for the potential? Potential what? I wasnt aware colleges were looking for those elite 2a players. Holy crap those 3 kids must be flooded with recruiting trips.
I know it's shocking that kids other than 4A kids would think they could go to college and play.

4 of the 11 seniors from last years team at my son's HS (yes, a 2A school) are playing football on scholarship this year. Another 2 are playing at the D3 level.

I get your overall point, but don't think that kids at that level aren't getting looked at. It may not be at the Power 5 D1 level, but they are definitely fighting for scholarships. If they can step up from a prospective NAIA or D3 recruit to a D2 or FCS recruit, they may well transfer from a bad A/1A/2A school to a good nearby 2A school.

I took a quick look at Iowa roster: Marshall Koehn, Jay Scheel, Colton Rastetter, Drew Cook, Jake Gervase, Bo Bower, Jacob Sobotka, Jackson Subbert, Garret Jansen, Jake Newborg, Jacob Giese, Kyle Terlouw, Austin Blythe, Levi Paulsen, Brett Waechter, Brant Gressel, Dalton Ferguson, Daniel, Gaffey, Henry Krieger-Coble, Sam Brinks, Matt Nelson, Josey Jewell. = 22 Non 4A players on Iowa's roster. There are 18 4A guys on roster. I don't think the class matters as much as you think. Think about the homegrown Iowa guys that went to the NFL from small schools. If you are a good player it doesn't matter what class you are in.

Reactions: Common Man
I took a quick look at Iowa roster: Marshall Koehn, Jay Scheel, Colton Rastetter, Drew Cook, Jake Gervase, Bo Bower, Jacob Sobotka, Jackson Subbert, Garret Jansen, Jake Newborg, Jacob Giese, Kyle Terlouw, Austin Blythe, Levi Paulsen, Brett Waechter, Brant Gressel, Dalton Ferguson, Daniel, Gaffey, Henry Krieger-Coble, Sam Brinks, Matt Nelson, Josey Jewell. = 22 Non 4A players on Iowa's roster. There are 18 4A guys on roster. I don't think the class matters as much as you think. Think about the homegrown Iowa guys that went to the NFL from small schools. If you are a good player it doesn't matter what class you are in.

Add Landon Paulsen in there as well so 23

I think maybe Nate Meier, Brandon Snyder, and Parker Hesse also on that list of small school players. And what really shut down Quick Stats was Center Point-Urbana overloading it with individual tackle numbers.

Reactions: Chow22
I've heard specifically that they have got transfers from Rock Valley and Okoboji over the last couple years. Any truth to this?

I just don't get this. NFV had a 4 star lineman move to town & apparently living with the head coach to keep him there. Maybe someone from NFV can clarify? I have no problem with this! But don't call out other schools for recruiting. I am shutting off the lights & locking the doors on 2A football. Bring on hoops and wrestling!

His dad had lived in West Union for a number of years before he moved.. He moved from a different state, not a nearby school in Iowa for sports purposes..

Add Landon Paulsen in there as well so 23

Add #83 Rily McCarron was a Walert Grad. 4A when he played but really a medium to small 3A school.

I was getting that exposure in 2012 too when they got to 9-0 and people were comparing them to the top teams and well the team after that sure didn't seem to benefit any from it. Also as it was shown during an Iowa game on the BIG10 at the same time LSU, Oregon, USC, Stanford, and other big names were playing not sure it got quite as much exposure as you would hope..

Um. what'ts the point? that iowa wouldn't beat any of those other 4 teams with their mediocre recruiting?
Sorry, should have been more clear. Wasn't trying to make this a 'Look how good Iowa is' argument.
Being as a majority of the Iowa football players are from the state of Iowa and they are in the top 5 with those 4 powerhouses, I would say their recruiting is better than mediocre.. Its not always about the stars next to a name. So I guess my point was maybe high school kids in Iowa don't get the recognition they might deserve. They seem to be very moldable.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Wasn't trying to make this a 'Look how good Iowa is' argument.
Being as a majority of the Iowa football players are from the state of Iowa and they are in the top 5 with those 4 powerhouses, I would say their recruiting is better than mediocre.. Its not always about the stars next to a name. So I guess my point was maybe high school kids in Iowa don't get the recognition they might deserve. They seem to be very moldable.

Stealing a quote from Liar, Liar...

My teacher says beauty is on the inside.....that's just what ugly people say.

It is nice that they put that up but mediocre...yes. 40 something so far this year....50 something last year...40 something the year before....yup mediocre. Now I agree that the stars don't mean much....in some cases....but if you want to be in the top 10 or even 20 look at recruiting rankings for the past few years.

Here's your recent national champs....

Ohio state - top 10 recruiting class consistently
Florida State - top 5 for the most part
Alabama - nuff said
LSU top 20 that year but consistently top 10...

Funny how people were calling for Ferentz's head the past few years....we can't fire him it's going to cost too much....blah blah blah....

Remember Hawkeye fan you have two wins against ranked teams....of which they haven't beat anyone either....So I agree with the kid from Alabama.....

Reactions: Kakiyosata
NFV is out of it, so no more 2A HS Football talk. Where is there another forum to discuss Iowa HS football, not related to NFV?

If I was the coach for them and saw this thread I would be ashamed of people bashing on his plays. He's done nothing but build a program that kids want to go to. I can't blame a kid for wanting to win a state championship. That's what Spirit Lakes going to do monday. I'm from the east side of the state by CF and I've watched many highlight films from Spirit Lake and I'm utterly impressed. Final 35-7 Spirit Lake

Reactions: 86_90
Did anyone notice who won the game? Yes, Spirit lake throttled them in the state championship, by transferring and going to a different school to play football caused them to win a state championship. Transferring does work. They did just win another state title. More college scouts went to watch spirit lake because their school already offers a college level feel. The transition from high school to college will be easier for the student athletes who attend high caliber high schools. People get jealous when others have success. Losers sit there and complain about the lack of success there school has. If you want to win, go make it happen. Congradulation Indians on yet ANOTHER state title.

I've heard specifically that they have got transfers from Rock Valley and Okoboji over the last couple years. Any truth to this?
The kid from Rock Valley is now in his third year at SL. He's been out of the lineup a good part of the season. He did not come to play football. He came because his parents moved to SL. I think the QB might have moved in about nine years ago. He too didn't come to play football. The kid from Okoboji wasn't in starting lineup until late in season. Got hurt and did not play in championship game. Not a huge diffenece maker but decent player.

Did anyone notice who won the game? Yes, Spirit lake throttled them in the state championship, by transferring and going to a different school to play football caused them to win a state championship. Transferring does work. They did just win another state title. More college scouts went to watch spirit lake because their school already offers a college level feel. The transition from high school to college will be easier for the student athletes who attend high caliber high schools. People get jealous when others have success. Losers sit there and complain about the lack of success there school has. If you want to win, go make it happen. Congradulation Indians on yet ANOTHER state title.
Are you delusional?

Definitely congradulation on another title, how many is that?

Jeffy I've looked at your posts on many threads in all classes, I've come to the conclusion that you're an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT