ADVERTISEMENT

What A Joke

HuskerPower78

Freshman
Sep 26, 2008
Congrats to the Spirit Lake-Boyden-Hull-Rock Valley-Okoboji-Alta Aurelia-HMS Indians on their semi final berth.

Best team money can buy.

Got an athlete? Give the Spirit Lake Public School a call. They'll find a job for ya and a home to make that transfer seamless.

Gotta be proud.

Congrats to the Spirit Lake-Boyden-Hull-Rock Valley-Okoboji-Alta Aurelia-HMS Indians on their semi final berth.

Best team money can buy.

Got an athlete? Give the Spirit Lake Public School a call. They'll find a job for ya and a home to make that transfer seamless.

Gotta be proud.

How about some more specific details? Like to know what this post means. Does Spirit Lake have a bunch of transfers this year?

Best team money can buy.

Gotta be proud.
I read the posts related to 2A teams for the last year. This is the first post other than rankings and scores where Spirit Lake was even mentioned. If this was an issue why is this the FIRST mention?

Crying in public only works for cheats, liars and some politicians. For the rest of us, it's just pathetically sad.

How about some more specific details? Like to know what this post means. Does Spirit Lake have a bunch of transfers this year?
don__t_feed_the_troll.jpg

And now Spirit Lake plays NFV, which by the way had a 4-star OL/DT who moved in. Sounds fair enough to me.

I've heard the stories about their basketball team bringing in ringers but didn't know it was a football thing too.
Maybe it's a Lakes Conference prerequisite?

Best team money can buy.

Gotta be proud.
You should have spelled out Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn. Would have made it much longer and more impressive.

Kids and family's want to win. If you're school isn't winning, go somewhere that is. Winners find ways to win. Losers will lose if they don't adjust. If you want to be a part of a 0-8 season so be it. But if you want to be a champion and get noticed, go to a winning school. It's not hard to figure that one out.

Kids and family's want to win. If you're school isn't winning, go somewhere that is. Winners find ways to win. Losers will lose if they don't adjust. If you want to be a part of a 0-8 season so be it. But if you want to be a champion and get noticed, go to a winning school. It's not hard to figure that one out.

That is easy, no need to worry about wasting time in getting better, don't worry about building a program, making lifetime friends, sharing memories good and bad, just transfer and gravy train on what the other school has built. Makes sense to me.

@ Codhawkeye Go play at a bad school with a bad field, old school building, non turf field and low funding. Or you could send your child to a great school with extra money, great athletics facilities, winning programs. I want the best for my kid. If I was near spirit lake my I would send my kids their.

@ Codhawkeye Go play at a bad school with a bad field, old school building, non turf field and low funding. Or you could send your child to a great school with extra money, great athletics facilities, winning programs. I want the best for my kid. If I was near spirit lake my I would send my kids their.

My kids go to a good school, non turf school, old school building, where funding is an ongoing challenge. Schools nearby have all of the things you talk about. Poor kids have gone 70-4 with 5 championships. Guess there are different ways to be a 'winner'

Reactions: cyard31 and DJinIA

Best team money can buy.

Gotta be proud.

Are these public schools or private?

Go start funding for a new turf field. Go get involved in the school board and push for renovation or add ons to you current school. Complaining about it on Preps isn't going to solve your problems for you. I'm going to send my kids to the best school with the best facility's. I wish I was by spirit lake

If a school can maintain a nice natural grass field that is better than a field turf field. As for Spirit Lake, they have caught some criticism for having players move in from other districts, including supposedly creating a new position within the district for a star basketball players mom. I have no problem with parents wanting the best for their kids but I think moving for their kids to be on a better football team I feel will cause more problems for them later on in life, never having to work for anything doesn't teach anything.

Yawn so once again we have to deal with some ticked off parent, student, coach whatever whining because it's not fair they are better than us. Will someone please post the stats that all these transfers had from the playoffs and what year they transferred in? NWiafbfan I would assume you have a list of them with how you are calling them out so please list the kids, the year they transfer and their stats so we can see just how much of a difference they are making for SLP.

Spirit Lake has no worries about funding I would like to know the tax payer dollars that school takes in every year. They have chosen to invest that money in their kids both athletics and academics. I have no idea about any sort of transfers or anything like that. If a family of one of the above mentioned schools happened to move to Spirit Lake because they found a job there I cant blame them one bit. Congrats you guys have controlled NW IA in football for a long time now. I am a CL-GLR supporter and know for a fact the coaches work hard every year to take that control back. Congrats on another great season good luck this wknd.

If a school can maintain a nice natural grass field that is better than a field turf field. As for Spirit Lake, they have caught some criticism for having players move in from other districts, including supposedly creating a new position within the district for a star basketball players mom. I have no problem with parents wanting the best for their kids but I think moving for their kids to be on a better football team I feel will cause more problems for them later on in life, never having to work for anything doesn't teach anything.
I've heard the same thing from someone that actually went to school with the kid at SP and said his mother got the job at the school. He also mentioned that it wasn't unknown for someone in the community/school district to try and lure kids to come play for SP. Didn't know it was like that for football, so it shall be interesting to see if NW ever comes out with some information on this!

He won't and can't come out with any info. In reality the students that were open enrolling from Okoboji are now going back to Okoboji. There is an isolated situation with the basketball player, but the facts are not always what people like to hear.

Reactions: 86_90
There is no "I" in team, and it would appear you would be living through your kid, not with them. This mentality will set little Johnny up to rely on dad to fix everything for when things are not going his way. Big problem with America these days and ends with 30 year olds living at home demanding meatloaf.

Last edited:
Kids move to communities for all kinds of reasons however I am against them being recruited or parents given jobs in order to accommodate them. There were rumors of this going on at a private school near us. College football has rules to try and keep the competition equal as it makes for a better product. The largest schools in each class district already has some advantages and it shows up in the W column. 1 good player can make a huge difference on a team, especially at the lower class levels. I don't think it a major problem around the state but we don't want HS football to become what college is and having recruiting going on all over. It would be a very unhealthy thing for High School sports.

@ Vroom_c14 my kid tells me he doesn't want to be on a losing team. So I worked my magic to put him a winning team. And guess what? He's playing football in Novemebr AND he's playing this Thursday at the UNI Dome. Hard work and great players makes scary teams.

@ Vroom_c14 my kid tells me he doesn't want to be on a losing team. So I worked my magic to put him a winning team. And guess what? He's playing football in Novemebr AND he's playing this Thursday at the UNI Dome. Hard work and great players makes scary teams.

Watched a kid transfer to a school last year, win a championship then leave the week after winning. Do you think he enjoyed it as much as the kids that started in kindergarten together, had the life stories and bonding? My guess is probably not. Enjoy your November football.

In the last two years we've seen 3 top players go from:
Wilton to West Branch
Regina to West Branch
West Liberty to West Branch.

And, it's almost paid off in a trip to the Dome...

Glad you could "fix" it for him - hopefully you haven't set the precedence for him the remainder of his life where daddy will "fix" all things he doesn't like.

My kids tell me they want a lot of things, I tell them to earn their stripes. If you don't like the direction of the team you are on, be a leader and do everything in your power to lead them, empower them, motivate them. Even if they fail, they will learn more and become more versus having it handed to them.

Go start funding for a new turf field. Go get involved in the school board and push for renovation or add ons to you current school. Complaining about it on Preps isn't going to solve your problems for you. I'm going to send my kids to the best school with the best facility's. I wish I was by spirit lake

If you're going to blast or bad mouth another school/district and bring up how great the schools are, at least proofread and get your grammar right.

Glad you could "fix" it for him - hopefully you haven't set the precedence for him the remainder of his life where daddy will "fix" all things he doesn't like.

My kids tell me they want a lot of things, I tell them to earn their stripes. If you don't like the direction of the team you are on, be a leader and do everything in your power to lead them, empower them, motivate them. Even if they fail, they will learn more and become more versus having it handed to them.

So because a kid transfers to a different school they haven't worked for something. Well I guess that all you have to do is just go to a good team and you win no hard work involved with it because it will just be handed to them. Tell me something if you have to opportunity to go work for an outstanding business or stay working somewhere that is looked at and laughed at by others which one are you going to take? Let me guess you would stay and lead that bottom level going no where business back to the top because you know it's just that easy to say hey everyone we can make ourselves the best. Why is it ok for us to change jobs to better our situation and give ourselves better opportunities but if a kid changes schools it's wrong because that's not fair that they got better players. So I guess the fortune 500 businesses shouldn't be allowed to have the best employees there because it's not fair to those of us who aren't working for them.

Also, I am still waiting for someone to show me the stats for all these transfers that are making teams unbeatable.

So because a kid transfers to a different school they haven't worked for something. Well I guess that all you have to do is just go to a good team and you win no hard work involved with it because it will just be handed to them. Tell me something if you have to opportunity to go work for an outstanding business or stay working somewhere that is looked at and laughed at by others which one are you going to take? Let me guess you would stay and lead that bottom level going no where business back to the top because you know it's just that easy to say hey everyone we can make ourselves the best. Why is it ok for us to change jobs to better our situation and give ourselves better opportunities but if a kid changes schools it's wrong because that's not fair that they got better players. So I guess the fortune 500 businesses shouldn't be allowed to have the best employees there because it's not fair to those of us who aren't working for them.

Also, I am still waiting for someone to show me the stats for all these transfers that are making teams unbeatable.

They won't provide the facts because it doesn't support their position. As far as the job-school analogy that one doesn't match up the best.

The job-school analogy is absurd. And Jeffy should maybe look past the "facilities" and look for, I know this is crazy, but a school that has the best academics and get his son "there". Maybe his grammar and use of the word "there" or "their" would sharpen up. Need a name and number for the kid playing Thursday... or totally not buying the story.

Reactions: Vroom_C14

The West Branch QB that transferred in for his senior season set the all-time WB single season passing record this year. Also, broke the long jump record at the school. Pretty big addition..

Don't buy into Jeffy's game fellas. He's nothing more than an immature person stirring the pot through a fake account. He has been nothing but a troll from day 1 in the 8-man forums claiming Don Bosco is the greatest school to ever exist. Everyone knows he isn't who he claims to be. Don't let him infiltrate the 2A boards with any of his lame tactics.

JUST TRIED TO GO TO QUIKSTATS AND HERE IS WHAT I FOUND:

Screen_Shot_2015_11_10_at_11_15_00_PM.png

Nobody really believes that? "Multiple hard drives have failed"? Riiiiight, that's what they always say. So.... What REALLY happened to Quikstats? Glad you asked.

Here is a "Top Eight" list of what happened to Quikstats. Drumroll please.....

8. The real "job" that was created for the Spirit Lake transfer parents was... 'internet hacker'. It turns out that code name 'Mom' blew up Quikstats to get rid of any evidence that these transfers ever existed.

7. Al Gore is claiming that, even though he invented the internet, global warming is responsible for melting the Quikstats servers.

6. IC Regina decided to start all the talk about Spirit Lake. Then asked for divine intervention to crash the Quikstats servers. This will surely divert attention away from the annual "king of the transfers' talk after they win another title.

5. Former President Bush knew of the impending attack on the Quikstats servers and allowed it to happen. I mean... C'mon man! Everyone knows that jet fuel can't melt servers. Duh....

4. There was a second server on the grassy knoll, but the IAHSAA will not admit it.

3. The flood of tears from the Waukon players, fans, and cheerleaders crying foul after their loss Friday night shorted out the servers.

2. Little known fact: Barack Obama's REAL birth certificate was stored on the same server as Quikstats.. so... ahem.... it had to go.

1. Two. Words. JUAN HARRIS. (Don't worry though... he may change his mind and bring Quikstats back.)

(Sorry, I can't pay my writers enough for a top ten list, all I could afford was eight.)

Missed one..... West Branch coach can't stand to put in the score of the Regina game so after getting districts re aligned and the playoff structure changed and it STILL not working decides to crash Quickstats.

Reactions: cyard31
They won't provide the facts because it doesn't support their position. As far as the job-school analogy that one doesn't match up the best.
Yeah, I was going to make the same conclusion on the job\play comparison.

School is a place to build your character, not buy it.

Reactions: cyard31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT