ADVERTISEMENT

State Second Round Pairings

DarkThunder#61

All State
Sep 28, 2005
Hinton (9-1) at Underwood (10-0)
Madrid (8-2) at Van Meter (9-1)
Pocahontas Area (8-2) at Western Christian, Hull (8-2)
Ridge View (8-2) at South Central Calhoun (9-1)

Hudson (8-2) at Iowa City Regina (9-1)
Panorama, Panora (9-1)at Dike-New Hartford (9-1)
Pella Christian (7-3) at West Branch (10-0)
South Winneshiek (8-2) at Saint Ansgar (9-1)

Panorama earns the distinction of traveling the longest distance in the second round for the second year in a row. Last year it was 154 miles to Regina. This year its 144 miles to Dike-New Hartford. The next longest travel distance in 1A is 110 miles.

Panorama earns the distinction of traveling the longest distance in the second round for the second year in a row. Last year it was 154 miles to Regina. This year its 144 miles to Dike-New Hartford. The next longest travel distance in 1A is 110 miles.
It's a rough deal for Panorama to have to go north so far, but the State wanted to avoid district rematches and unfortunately they drew the short straw in making that happen.

I think had say AHSTW or even E'burg won then you probably won't see Panorama travel to DNH. But having 3 teams from D2 changed things up a bit.

I'm intrigued to see Poky vs. WC I'm obviously slightly biased on that, but they match up on paper better then I figured paper and person are 2 way different things but depending on what Poky team shows up i look for an exciting game. I'm also interested in the Ridgeview SCC game and the SW vs. SA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT