ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreboard

wow that janesville score really surprises me. Everyone talking them up and then they lay an egg vs WBM

I am shocked by it also, watched the West Bend NK game Wednesday and they were pretty even matched, NK losing with no time left by missing a 2 point conversion. NK lost to Janesville pretty good. Wasnt expecting this. Coaching goes a long ways.

wow that janesville score really surprises me. Everyone talking them up and then they lay an egg vs WBM
As I said, after watching them last week, I was not impressed with their offense and felt that if there was even slight pressure on Dodd, it can cause trouble. Losing Nelson didn't help their cause, but they were already in a deep hole when he was injured. Also, turnovers never help a team win. Still wondering, did their starting QB and lineman play tonight or not? Hopefully someone can provide that answer.

As I said, after watching them last week, I was not impressed with their offense and felt that if there was even slight pressure on Dodd, it can cause trouble. Losing Nelson didn't help their cause, but they were already in a deep hole when he was injured. Also, turnovers never help a team win. Still wondering, did their starting QB and lineman play tonight or not? Hopefully someone can provide that answer.
Sounds like the QB didn't play but the lineman did. Not 100% sure on that tho

If the state sends Bosco to Elkader and they are both 1 seeds, is dumb. Colo to Elkader is only 153 miles. West Bend to Bosco is closer than NF was to Bosco last year isn't it?

It would be an absolute crime to have (2) 1 seeds play each other when lower seeds are available to play them.

Reactions: LJY89
If the state sends Bosco to Elkader and they are both 1 seeds, is dumb. Colo to Elkader is only 153 miles. West Bend to Bosco is closer than NF was to Bosco last year isn't it?

It would be an absolute crime to have (2) 1 seeds play each other when lower seeds are available to play them.
according to mapquest nf is 5 minutes closer to db than west bend is.

I can guarantee WBM or GTRA would take on Glidden Ralston anytime, anyplace. When they run into MMC or NF they are in for a rude awakening.

RIDICULOUS! How obvious the state made it to protect NF. 151 miles from Colo to Elkader and 153 miles for WBM to travel to Bosco.

This is borderline criminal. Gonna be a war in Elkader. Bosco giving up 34 to TV is promising for the Warriors.

Why is this criminal? It is pretty apparent where the good teams are, thats western iowa. Also defending state champs guess what you probably deserve a little protection in my opinion you've earned that right. We have already seen that Western iowa does better at the dome etc. Notice central elkader is number 9 on the BCMoore rankings the worst of the number 1 seeds remaining. So the state IMO didn't really do an injustice. I would rather play central elkader than WBM and BCmoore agrees as well. Time will tell.

"protect NF"?? They just had to play the best #2 seed in the state with the best player in the state in Girres. How is that protecting NF? If you ask me the state is protecting DB. They dont have to play someone from the west. Pretty much a cake walk to the Dome.

Sadey2011, you do realize they gave you probably the easiest opponent this round? Whichever of you two eastern teams makes it to the dome is getting smoked

"protect NF"?? They just had to play the best #2 seed in the state with the best player in the state in Girres. How is that protecting NF? If you ask me the state is protecting DB. They dont have to play someone from the west. Pretty much a cake walk to the Dome.
Same exact thing I've been thinking when I've seen predictions after every game. They haven't quite played anyone yet, so after this game it will be nice to see who either team plays. DB and CE haven't played anyone solid in regular season yet, nor the playoffs. HLV is a step down from last year, and Colo is just getting lucky with match ups. CE's best wins are against TV and HLV who were rolled by DB. Only game that I question is the Midland game, as there is uncertainty to how that game might have finished as Midland fans make it seem they had the best of DB but the game was never finished. Time will tell, but either way, both DB and CE got an easier matchup rather than facing a WBM team.

The whole west vs east talk is getting old. I firmly believe that Bosco would be competitive no matter what side of the state we play. Don't misunderstand, I am not saying we would steam roll the teams on the west side, but I do believe we would be as good. We have good players on both sides of the line, can put up big numbers on offense, and play great defense. Its all a matter of opinion, but I cant wait personally to get to play a team from the west!!!!!!!

Bosco its a whole not just DB. DB is the only team from the east to ever make the championship game from the east. No one is downgrading DB were saying as a whole like say top 8 teams on each side is a HUGE difference. You're missing the whole point of the argument. Like I said 1 team east of I-35 has made finals in what like 14 years? I could go through and show you in playoffs how successful west is vs the east but that would waste everyones time because we already know the answer. Since you said personally play you must be a player on DB team?

When did 8 man start being played east of I-35, I don't think it's been around on this side for 14 years has it ? I know it started out west quite a bit before it was being played over here in the east. Also it looks like 3/4 of the teams are located out west of I-35 aren't they. No doubt there are some great teams out west that have been playing it a while longer than most and are traditionally good. With the bulk of the teams being over there I guess it's not a huge surprise that they annually have the bulk of the top tier teams. Congrats and good luck to all of the teams that advanced last night !

Correct on 8 man not always being as relevant in the east side. My calculations for this year 28 are eastern iowa schools and 33 are western iowa. So maybe geography lesson is needed for you? I think it shows you that you are probably considering all of those schools in southeast iowa to be southwest but those are the schools that add to the weakness of eastern iowa. Also for the sake I considered grandview park east of I-35 because I believe thats where the school is is east side of of des moines? So whats your next argument on Eastern Iowa vs Western?

heres the list I could of messed some up a lot on memory.

DB
Janesville
Central elkader
Northwood
HLV
Colo
Midland
Wayne
TV
Moravia
Mormon Trail
Riceville
Tama
Tripoli
Springville
Mayard
Central City
Twin Cedars
Dunkerton
Clarksville
Rockford
English valleys
Kee
Seymour
Cedar Valley
Tri County
Melcher Dallas
Grandview park

1998 Adair-Casey and those SW Iowa schools began playing 8Man correct? It was at least 2002 or 2004 before more than 1 dist was in Eastern Iowa, correct?

Wouldn't it almost make more sense to move the North South line over to Hwy 69ish area than I- 35?

or was that just the first year they had a title game? I believe 8 man was played for a couple yrs but they didn't have a championship because there was only like 8 or 16 teams?

Also that first year there was a district of eastern iowa schools was western and eastern schools only 3 districts at the time.

Murray
Melcher Dallas
Moravia
Twin cedars
Seymour
Lamoni
Mormon Trail
Milton Fox valley
Russell

Give you a guess what side won that district?

7 of the 26 were east that year the first year.

Looks like first year because according to bcmoore Adair played Madrid n Guthrie the year before so I think that would make them 11 man

No argument, just asking . It looks like your right. I just made a quick glance at the districts teams were in and made a snap judgment and an erroneous comment. I'll just shut the heck up and go back to work. Thank you for the geography lesson.

Also heres breakdown since 2000 the amount of 8 man teams on each side.

Left is West Right is East

2001 19-7
2002 37-3
2003 35-5
2004 38-9
2005 37-10
2006 41-14
2007 39-14
2008- 40-20
2009 41-19
2010 43-22
2011 39-20
2012 39-28
2013 36-28
2014 35-29
2015 33-28

So like DB said earlier yes West dominated with amount of teams but fact still remains East never had a team make title game until DB did it in 2012?

Got to love having days off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT