ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Matchups

Hmm this is an interesting food for thought. I will say that our team this year might be one of the most physical teams We’ve had and we just piss pound people up front. Watching us play Britt I will say there was a bit of chippyness going on, but overall the game was just tough physical football game. I think britt (in north central Iowa) is widely considered a very dirty team. I personally don’t think they are as much as people say, but it is a wide spread belief wether they want to believe it or not. I’m sure people say the same thing about Garrigan with our rough style of play but we do like to pass and run a pro style rather then a double right wing t like britt. Wing T offence requires tough strong kids and I think that may be a reason why they get this bad rap
i think everybody who has watched small high school football has seen alot of wing T or run heavy teams that are physical. i know i have and WH looked dirty ,not tougher or more physical. they dove at peoples knees and hit kids from behind ,away from the play if there was no ref in the area. i hadn't thought about it until it was brought up in this thread and it seems 2 other schools are reporting the same thing

i think everybody who has watched small high school football has seen alot of wing T or run heavy teams that are physical. i know i have and WH looked dirty ,not tougher or more physical. they dove at peoples knees and hit kids from behind ,away from the play if there was no ref in the area. i hadn't thought about it until it was brought up in this thread and it seems 2 other schools are reporting the same thing
HP18....I needed a good laugh this morning. The Eagles style of play is what it is. Either you like it or you don't. Everyone has their own opinion. I wish my hometown team would play that kind of style, maybe they would be more competitive on the field every Friday night. IMO, I think a lot what gets said about West Hancock is based off jealousy from the success that the program has achieved over the last 50 years. And to say that West Hancock is neither tough or physical is funny. You don't lead the entire state of Iowa in all classes in rushing if you aren't tough and physical. Just saying. Good luck to all the teams from the area playing tonight for a chance at the Dome. Bishop Garrigan, Mason City Newman, Rockford, and West Hancock.

I can’t speak for this year because I haven’t seen any tape but I know the last time we played them they were tough. Hit like trucks and didn’t need to be dirty. They were good! Should be a hell of a game . I work with a couple of dads from Akron and they are coming to play.

HP18....I needed a good laugh this morning. The Eagles style of play is what it is. Either you like it or you don't. Everyone has their own opinion. I wish my hometown team would play that kind of style, maybe they would be more competitive on the field every Friday night. IMO, I think a lot what gets said about West Hancock is based off jealousy from the success that the program has achieved over the last 50 years. And to say that West Hancock is neither tough or physical is funny. You don't lead the entire state of Iowa in all classes in rushing if you aren't tough and physical. Just saying. Good luck to all the teams from the area playing tonight for a chance at the Dome. Bishop Garrigan, Mason City Newman, Rockford, and West Hancock.
i wan't saying they weren't tough or physical , i was saying not any more than any of the other run heavy teams . i like hard hitting and don't mind chippy ,but when you knock kids out the game with an injury that crosses a line

If WH played that way, then let the refs call it. If they do, WH will have to adjust.

On behalf of the Worldwide West Hancock Fearsome Eagle Beast Nation, we wish the Beasts good luck tonight on the South Dakota border.

SKOL BEASTS!!!

Reactions: warriors dad
Who cares if they r dirty!!! Kids now days r soft. The ppl complaining about them being dirty make me laugh, you guys obviously couldn’t handle playing with big boy teams 15 years ago n before that cuz a lot of the successful programs played that way. If they do play dirty I honestly like it, put football back in football. Anyway anyhow to win.

WH is a bunch of grown ass men out there! Big physical and playing through the whistle. I think if Jacobs was healthy AW could have made this more competitive but the better team is dominating at half.

A PASSING TD!!!!!!!!
Iron Doc has seen The Apocalypse on the horizon
Thanks to retired all-star Beast OT/DT Tyler Swenson for the Twitter feed.
(I would listen to our 2 high performance radio people, but I might have a heart attack listening in real time.)

A PASSING TD!!!!!!!!
Iron Doc has seen The Apocalypse on the horizon
Thanks to retired all-star Beast OT/DT Tyler Swenson for the Twitter feed.
(I would listen to our 2 high performance radio people, but I might have a heart attack listening in real time.)
Airing it out I knew it! Lol

Who cares if they r dirty!!! Kids now days r soft. The ppl complaining about them being dirty make me laugh, you guys obviously couldn’t handle playing with big boy teams 15 years ago n before that cuz a lot of the successful programs played that way. If they do play dirty I honestly like it, put football back in football. Anyway anyhow to win.
Lol no.

Running clock on the banks of the Big Sioux river.
Did NOT see that coming; I predicted Beasts by 10.
I was confident in a Beast win, but WOW!!!
What the Beasts have going for them is WAVES of RBs. Reserve RB Cole Kelly just scored his THIRD TD.

Reactions: Warriors201922
Congratulations to the Fearsome Eagle Beasts on another Beastly performance!!!
Now for the short road trip to the Dome!

Ed-Co lost their best offensive and defensive player on their first drive and could not get much going on offense. Ed-Co defense bended but never broke by forcing 5 turnovers. Ed-Co would have won by 30+ if Rochford didn't get hurt.
Was it a significant injury? Hope not.

Sad to see this senior class lose the way they did. Got into the red zone 3 times, and 3 times fumbled. Completed a 55 yd pass early 4th quarter that also got called back. Credit Edgewood though, they have a stellar defense. And whoever said that if Rochford would have played ed-co would have won by 30? What? Literally edco only had 20 yds rushing this game. Hate to break it to you, Britt has 2 better running backs then him lol. The thing that made it a tough game to swallow was that our team was so much more physically gifted. But a lot of our best players are more basketball kids and maybe didn’t quite have the toughness. And I’m not taking anything away from deco either. They have very quick tough nosed lineman and had some great receivers. congratulations to Britt! Talk about a turnaround in the season. Even though we are rivals, I’m gonna be cheering for them at the dome. I hope they represent north central Iowa well!

Sad to see this senior class lose the way they did. Got into the red zone 3 times, and 3 times fumbled. Completed a 55 yd pass early 4th quarter that also got called back. Credit Edgewood though, they have a stellar defense. And whoever said that if Rochford would have played ed-co would have won by 30? What? Literally edco only had 20 yds rushing this game. Hate to break it to you, Britt has 2 better running backs then him lol. The thing that made it a tough game to swallow was that our team was so much more physically gifted. But a lot of our best players are more basketball kids and maybe didn’t quite have the toughness. And I’m not taking anything away from deco either. They have very quick tough nosed lineman and had some great receivers. congratulations to Britt! Talk about a turnaround in the season. Even though we are rivals, I’m gonna be cheering for them at the dome. I hope they represent north central Iowa well!
How close was the possessions in the red zone before the fumbles? And how did Edco score?

CLASS A:
AHSTW 31, Newman Catholic, Mason City 14
Edgewood-Colesburg 6, Bishop Garrigan, Algona 0
Hudson 41, Highland, Riverside 14
West Hancock, Britt 50, Akron-Westfield 14

Ed-Co scored on a 40 yd pass. Both teams played awful if you want to really look at it objectively. Garrigan simply could not stop turning it over and edco was getting destroyed up front. The better team did not win though. For those going to the dome next week, you will see them play and know what I mean.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
It’s impossible for them kids to be perfect every week. The way garrigan played really surprised me. They never make mistakes like they did last night. One of the most disciplined and best coached teams you’ll see.

Reactions: Anonymous111
Ed-Co scored on a 40 yd pass. Both teams played awful if you want to really look at it objectively. Garrigan simply could not stop turning it over and edco was getting destroyed up front. The better team did not win though. For those going to the dome next week, you will see them play and know what I mean.

I would say the better team last night won. You cant turn the ball over that many times in a game and still be the better team during that 48 minutes. I've found that statements like that are made when a team has lost and someone is having a hard time dealing with it.

I would say the better team last night won. You cant turn the ball over that many times in a game and still be the better team during that 48 minutes. I've found that statements like that are made when a team has lost and someone is having a hard time dealing with it.

Yeah man your right. It’s a tough pill to swallow. They simply outplayed us that night. But talent wise you can’t tell me we weren’t the better team. I think Britt wins it all if they get by Hudson which is a huge task

Yeah man your right. It’s a tough pill to swallow. They simply outplayed us that night. But talent wise you can’t tell me we weren’t the better team. I think Britt wins it all if they get by Hudson which is a huge task
I think Hudson is very beatable from what I saw out of them. Didn't attend the game, but watched it live and they were tied with Highland 14 at half, (Highland should've had 28, lost the ball twice inside the 20) but Highland was shut out after this after some coaching adjustments. Nothing against Highland as they are a good football team, but not very big upfront and not much depth, although QB Lasek is a whole different beast. This Hudson team is not anything like last years team IMO just because they don't have those two massive lineman that were complete game changers. Take my analysis with a grain of salt though, I'm often wrong :cool:

It’s pretty sad when an ed-co assistant coach is walking off the field with a group of people and says and I quote “it’s pretty easy to win when all the calls go your way” and does it with Garrigan parents standing around waiting for the seniors to walk off the field. That’s not me being salty that is a fact and it happened!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT