ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal Matchups

There’s bad calls in every game I doubt any of the 5 turnovers were because of bad calls
You are correct but many Garrigan drives in the 2nd half stopped because of bull crap penalties and if I remember right ed-co had 1 or 2 penalties all night and a lot of missed calls against them. I’m sorry but if the refs cant call these games fair and do there damn job then they shouldn’t be doing it... they get paid and should do a better job! That’s any game too.

I'm from edgewood and I am tired of people trying to take credit away from what the team did last against. No predicting the outcome had them winning and most actually had them getting blown out. On the first offensive play for edco there best player got hurt. This isn't just any replaceable kid either. Rochford has 1500 more rushing yards then anyone on the team and also has 30 more tackles. After he went out the rest of the team stepped up and remained tough. They went out and outplayed a bigger stronger garrigan team, even without there best player. I think to take any credit away from what the edco players did would be wrong.

You are correct but many Garrigan drives in the 2nd half stopped because of bull crap penalties and if I remember right ed-co had 1 or 2 penalties all night and a lot of missed calls against them. I’m sorry but if the refs cant call these games fair and do there damn job then they shouldn’t be doing it... they get paid and should do a better job! That’s any game too.

Someone's a little upset over the result. Or just that the game wasnt decided by what was on paper or these message boards.

Ed-Co scored on a 40 yd pass. Both teams played awful if you want to really look at it objectively. Garrigan simply could not stop turning it over and edco was getting destroyed up front. The better team did not win though. For those going to the dome next week, you will see them play and know what I mean.
Lol didn't listen to me this week.

It’s pretty sad when an ed-co assistant coach is walking off the field with a group of people and says and I quote “it’s pretty easy to win when all the calls go your way” and does it with Garrigan parents standing around waiting for the seniors to walk off the field. That’s not me being salty that is a fact and it happened!
Goooood.

Trust me, edco is good. Everyone that doesn’t see them much says the same thing. “They aren’t big, they aren’t very physical, we should have beat them”

But they don’t make mistakes , like stupid penalties and egregious turnovers. They might not be physically imposing , but they don’t shy away from contact and they make tackles in front of them. So you have to have long sustained drives to score usually.

Rochford played what, 3 snaps Before he got hurt? Hard to assess what impact he would have had on the game , but hard to believe it wouldn’t have been significant.

I think where most people’s shock from Garrigan, and those who were there, was how much more physically gifted Garrigan was. Even when rochford went out, being out classed physically, being on the road against one of the best teams in the last 4 years is just crazy they won. Props to them on a great win. They were the better team that night and deserve to be in the dome. Hopefully Rochford is ok though. Anyone know if he’s good to go? And a warning to Hudson fans, Britt is one of the most physically gifted and toughest teams in the state. You have to have 8 guys in the box at all times

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT