ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Regina defensive lineman John Devery

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Our season was good, it wasn’t the result we wanted but I think it set us up for great success next year.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I am doing basketball so while doing that I try to lift as much as I can and just stay active as much as possible.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I believe our team will do very well because we have guys in the off-season who work their butts off, all of us have bought into a brotherhood and I think that’s the main part of what we have been doing and what is yet to come.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“This year it was Williamsburg, they have really good players on both sides of the ball, next year I think it will be West Branch because they beat us this year and they are going to look to try and do it again next year.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“One player I’m looking out for next season is Logan Wright for West Branch, he gave us a lot of trouble on the offensive line last year.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to play football in college and try to be able to keep playing a sport.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I went to a Drake game day visit and I just got a junior day from Wayne State in Nebraska, and multiple schools have also come and talked to me and some of my teammates.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I don’t know, it is very hard to tell at this point but right now I would have to say Wayne State.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have been to Drake and plan to go to Wayne State soon.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“Yes I plan to go to Wayne State in late February or late April.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Notre Dame, my dad used to live in Ohio and was a Notre Dame fan and his dad was a Notre Dame fan.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News