ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with PCM quarterback Gavin VanGorp

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Season went pretty good, there were obviously some ups and downs and we hand our sight on winning it all, but fell just short. It was still a really good season.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Now I’m back on track and my shuttle hurdle team has our eyes on going for back-to-back state championships. I still have my football workouts and get in the weight room every day.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we will prepare really well for next season and I think we will be really good. Some guys need to step up and I really think they will. We have a lot of returning players and a lot of players that have chemistry together, so if we stick together, I have no doubts in my mind we can make a far run in the playoffs.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Nevada will for sure be our toughest competition. Last year we fell just short of them and we are really looking for revenge on them. They are like a rival to us so we are looking forward to that game.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“We have a lot of people graduating in our district, but I would say it will be Nevada’s running back.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I want to play college football, and I’m pursuing my dreams has hard as I can. I work hard every single day to chase my dream of playing college football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I've had North Dakota State, Minnesota Moorhead, Wartburg, Grandview, Sioux Falls, and there are some smaller schools out of state.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I would say NDSU is, they've sent me a lot of stuff, and I’ve met a lot of their coaches. They have a really nice place and I love it there.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have been to NDSU and I have a lot of plans this spring. I have about 5 visits in mind that I’m going to.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I just went down to Florida and enjoyed the nice weather, hopefully this summer I can go back down there again.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Iowa was for sure my favorite college growing up. I used to be able to name everyone on the football team.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News