ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with North Polk running back BJ Tate

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I felt the season went pretty well, we had great team chemistry and our coaches were great. There was a lot that went well but ultimately, we fell a bit short in the semifinals. But overall I felt it was a pretty good season.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Right now during the offseason I am working out every day at school and sometimes at home. I am also training at D1 Apex to work on my technique. As for other sports, I will be playing 7v7 and running track.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We lost a lot of seniors who were really talented and played major roles in our team’s success. However, I believe we have returning juniors and sophomores who have lots of talent and can fill those roles. We also have a great coaching staff. I believe we will do just fine next season.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“There are a lot of teams who are also losing a lot of seniors as well so I really don’t know what to expect from certain teams. However, our school’s main “rivals” are ADM and Ballard. They are always pretty good so I feel like those will be our toughest games of the year.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I’m not sure who the best individual player we will play against is. There were lots of really good seniors that graduated in our conference so there will be lots of new players that I really don’t know much about. There could be multiple breakout players that we don’t even know about yet so I really don’t know at the moment.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would like to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I currently have one offer from Graceland. I have received Junior Day invites from Drake University, Princeton, St. Thomas, Upper Iowa, Minnesota State University Moorhead, and Central Missouri. Iowa State also came to talk to me and my friend during school.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“As of right now I would say Graceland because they are the only school that has offered this far; but besides that I would either say Drake or St. Thomas.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have gone on a couple of game day visits to Drake, Iowa central, and Waldorf. I also attended Princeton’s Virtual Junior Day. I will attend more but these are the colleges I have visited so far.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I plan to go to Drake on April 6th. That is the only locked visit for me as of right now. I also plan on attending Central Missouri and St. Thomas’s Junior Days as well.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My primary position is running back but I also play slot receiver.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News